Sponsored

installing battery tenders

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I just used the gator clamps from the Battery Tender Plus that Santa brought me for now. It’s solid red, which means it’s charging. It has been connected for about an hour. I’ve read it can take hours to get to float mode.
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I did this as well. Instead of connecting the alligator clamps to the battery every time (risking to knock them off when I close the hood), I installed a permanent mount kit which is now permanently located in my engine bay, waiting to be connected directly to the battery tender. For that, I used a power connector cable with ring connectors. I connected the red wire to the positive terminal on the fuse box and the black wire to the nearby ground on the strut tower (see photos). I secured the quick-connect plug with a zip tie, et voila!

Now, every time that I plan to keep the Mustang parked for a long time, or even for a few days (especially during the winter), I simply connect the Black & Decker maintainer (model BDV090) to the quick-connect plug. Fast ‘n easy!

Photos in order of installation, as described above.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
just did this mod, used M6 nut with nylon insert. Worked well, thanks

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I just connected my Battery Tender Plus directly to the battery posts hard wired last winter and just leave the pig tail connected to battery posts with same results as above. This winter just plug into pig tail with Battery tender Plus and good to go. Been going to research to see if there is a place to route the connector around and through the grill just enough to be not noticeable but still be able to plug into it (you can buy longer cords from Battery Tender) then I wouldn't have to raise the hood every time to unplug it to drive the car.

Sponsored

JWB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R (Kona Blue)
I have a ctec unit that I used on a 911 for years... by connecting through the lighter/accessory plug (Seems like it can work on the Mustang the same way).

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
2017 Mustang GT
I picked up a CTEK battery charger/tender curious if anyone is using the pigtail adapter directly to the post. The Alligator clips are somewhat on the narrow side, looking at different setup options.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I have a ctec unit that I used on a 911 for years... by connecting through the lighter/accessory plug (Seems like it can work on the Mustang the same way).
It won’t.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
2017 Mustang GT
I picked up a CTEK battery charger/tender curious if anyone is using the pigtail adapter directly to the post. The Alligator clips are somewhat on the narrow side, looking at different setup options.
i have the ctek 3300 and pigtail connected to + post via an additional nut and the - connected to ground on fender area.

Sponsored

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
I installed the NOCO G7200, the connector tucks under the hood by the right windshield wiper, easy and out of the way. It has a water proof cap, when I am charging the box sits on the windshield just above the wiper, can be without or without car cover on. The device works great

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
I've good luck with the Battery Tender brand. Inexpensive and effective. Power Tender 5A for cars, Tender Plus 1.25A for motorcycles/ATVs/lawnmowers/etc.

A personal anecdote - with regular use of my tender, the OEM battery in my 2001 Miata made it 11 years before needing to be replaced! :sunglasses:

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I installed the NOCO G7200, the connector tucks under the hood by the right windshield wiper, easy and out of the way. It has a water proof cap, when I am charging the box sits on the windshield just above the wiper, can be without or without car cover on. The device works great
I like the NOCO units myself. I just installed one on mine. I attempted to use the + in the fuse box, but the NOCO eye connector stuck out too far and caused the cover to be slightly askew. I went ahead and moved mine to the battery, but i actaully prefer that because all the wires are hidden in the box under the cover and just the connector sticks out of the battery cover.