Sponsored

Headers Comparison

Mason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Oxford White
Guys,

I'm looking at procuring headers during the winter, with a spring installation. I've been looking at Kooks, but have heard decent reviews of Stainless Works as well.

Has anyone done a review, or have experience with Kooks vs Stainless Works vs American Racing Headers?

I'm looking at running as well, so no off-road setups.

Thanks
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
All are top notch companies. If it were me, I'd find the one that has the best deal out of the 3. The Kooks is going to be the hardest install. ARH has continuously been considered the gold standard. Ford and Chevy both use ARH as an OEM for their Cobra Jet and COPO programs. Stainless Works will be the easiest install due to the bend configurations of the tubes. All 3 are 304 stainless and have great welds.

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
I wish Corsa manufactured headers. I live near their HQ in Cleveland. Maybe they could use my car as a test mule to build them...
They are making headers for our cars now. Soon, my friend.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Guys,

I'm looking at procuring headers during the winter, with a spring installation. I've been looking at Kooks, but have heard decent reviews of Stainless Works as well.

Has anyone done a review, or have experience with Kooks vs Stainless Works vs American Racing Headers?

I'm looking at running as well, so no off-road setups.

Thanks
we have some killer 304 stainless options starting below $700

you really can't go wrong with any of the big names, kooks, sw, sp, arh, pypes, etc..

we have run them all at one point or another. and we install on a daily basis. we don't just sell , we spend alot of time on these cars.

hit me up and we'll discuss your build and options

and , we have the dss in stock as well!

thanks
beef
513-478-1965
www.teambeefcakeracing.com

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
As a Corsa sponsor partner, I've been hounding on them to make headers ever since I put their label on my car. Bout time. It sounds weird saying "yeah, I'm sponsored by Corsa! Go...uh...buy Stainless Works." :doh:

However during a lot of this time for years, Corsa and Kooks have had a good relationship regarding Corsa pushing their headers and Kooks pushing Corsa mufflers or systems for cars that they don't make anything from the headers back for.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I'm running Kooks on my 350. I had AR on my 11 500. I like the Kooks setup because they dd a step up system on their headers. Wa supposed to help with low end torque and I would say it works. Maybe it's more of the tune, but I do not have any complaints. I also hear their catted systems are good, I know hearing a full Kooks catted system was def quieter than my setup with O/R x and OEM muffler.

After research I went with the Kooks, because they also had the piece for the vibration dampeners which I did not see on other setups. Also I got a great deal from Beefcake and great service :)

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Ebay specials have now made an appearance too. Haha. They even have mass-damper mounts, just like the Kooks. Just speculation, but I doubt the welds would hold up to Voodoo vibration despite being Kooks clones

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ebay specials have now made an appearance too. Haha. They even have mass-damper mounts, just like the Kooks. Just speculation, but I doubt the welds would hold up to Voodoo vibration despite being Kooks clones
Paper mache ;)

Sponsored

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
All are top notch companies. If it were me, I'd find the one that has the best deal out of the 3. The Kooks is going to be the hardest install. ARH has continuously been considered the gold standard. Ford and Chevy both use ARH as an OEM for their Cobra Jet and COPO programs. Stainless Works will be the easiest install due to the bend configurations of the tubes. All 3 are 304 stainless and have great welds.
I'm trying to decide between ARH and SW currently. I've seen a handfull of those that ran the ARHs have issues with the tubes hitting/rubbing on the frame. Are you saying there aren't any issues like that with the SW due to their pipe design?

Tom@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
I'm trying to decide between ARH and SW currently. I've seen a handfull of those that ran the ARHs have issues with the tubes hitting/rubbing on the frame. Are you saying there aren't any issues like that with the SW due to their pipe design?
Its a snug fit in there no matter which route you choose to go. Same thing is true with the 5.0s as well. Both of those choices are fantastic and i would say at that point it’s really down to price. If you’re on a budget then the Stainless Power setup is another route to take.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Its a snug fit in there no matter which route you choose to go. Same thing is true with the 5.0s as well. Both of those choices are fantastic and i would say at that point it’s really down to price. If you’re on a budget then the Stainless Power setup is another route to take.
Thanks for the Feedback Tom! I ended up picking up the Stainless Works headers and have been very pleased with the build quality. I plan to have them install next week. While I've got you, I've seen some 5.0 folks mention removing/filing down the AC line bracket bolt because it can make contact with the header. Have you noticed this issue on the GT350s as well?

Tom@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Thanks for the Feedback Tom! I ended up picking up the Stainless Works headers and have been very pleased with the build quality. I plan to have them install next week. While I've got you, I've seen some 5.0 folks mention removing/filing down the AC line bracket bolt because it can make contact with the header. Have you noticed this issue on the GT350s as well?
not as much as 5.0s but it’s on the passenger side and another route is to invert the bracket or loosen the motor mounts and slide the engine over a little bit. If that bolt touches the header you’re asking for your knock sensors to lose their minds
Sponsored