Sponsored

Most aggresive CAI for the GT350

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I am still proabaly going to run the stock tube and get a air-raid blue filter. I will have my Kooks headers and tune installed soon, and even talking to my installer, they are saying the stock CAI gets the job done, exp with a better filter.
Sponsored

locknload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I am still proabaly going to run the stock tube and get a air-raid blue filter. I will have my Kooks headers and tune installed soon, and even talking to my installer, they are saying the stock CAI gets the job done, exp with a better filter.
Same here, keeping the stock tube and ordering the blue Airaid soon. It's the same filter Ford sells as their "performance filter".

Edit, ordered the filter and will have it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I dont understand, doesnt the car already come with a pretty aggressive cold air intake?
Short answer yes.

You may get a FEW Hp's out of a aftermaket, and I do mean few. Some want to go with the aesthetics of a aftermarket more than actual power.

Destro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
The stock accordion tube probably doesn't help with airflow. I usually get a full CAI on all my cars and trucks, but for this, I went with a K&N cone filter only. Mainly because I like the durability of it, washable, and also I'm going with a black&Red theme. Additionally, the car already has a moderate CAI setup.

I also don't want to go with an aftermarket tube because I don't want the "air sucking" sound of it interfering with the glorious music from the exhaust.

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Given how much Ford was trying to wring this car out, I'd be very surprised if something as simple as a different plastic tube in place of an already large one made an appreciable difference in the real world. I mean I'd love to be wrong...

Destro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Given how much Ford was trying to wring this car out, I'd be very surprised if something as simple as a different plastic tube in place of an already large one made an appreciable difference in the real world. I mean I'd love to be wrong...
Agreed. I'm sure they went with the current design to keep intake noise down. Maybe lost 1hp over it. I wouldn't increase intake noise on a street car to gain a 1hp.

Dominator

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The best CAI is the stock CAI.
The aftermarket CAI are a waste of time and money. No point of a larger CAI when the stock throttle body and intake opening are sized as engineered and no larger options are available.
When I took delivery of my 2016 track pack 2 years ago FP talked of a 92 & 100mm throttle body. Nearly 2 years later and still nothing. The headers, tune and 100 octane gave me a 81 rwhp bump and I'd love to try a larger throttle body and intake.
Sponsored