Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
I have tried everything I can think of to find the best way to tolerate the discomfort. I have the lumbar inflated to a decent amount. I did that to keep my upper back from being dug into by the upper portion of the seat. I generally don't use lumbar because I like to be in the seat. With the lumbar I feel I'm angled out in a weird way.

Anyway, I've been researching seats and have found what I believe will be a good option.

https://www.carid.com/2016-ford-mustang-seats/braum-elite-seats-732671843.html

My question is, if I make this change, I read somewhere an airbag light or something will be lit on my dash? If so, is there any way to clear that?

Thanks,
braum.jpg
Sponsored

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
I hate these seats too. Power seat should have power recline. I can never get it adjusted where I'm comfy, always too erect or too slouched. They get even worse on long trips.
Just my .02, but your airbag light will be on because there are airbags in the seats. Is it really worth sacrificing your safety? It's one thing to just delete an airbag, but since the other safety components are designed with that one, you may be worse off with one bag missing and the others still in place...these things are basically little bombs and engineers walk a very fine line to make them increase your safety vs. being even more dangerous. Maybe the OEM recaros would be better?

OP
OP
Vato

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
I knew I'd be missing the airbag but now that you put it that way, I will have to reconsider for the Recaro's. The cheapest set I found used is still a little under $2k. Stuff to think about now. Thanks for chiming in.

S550_Danny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have Braums in my 16 GT all you need is a 4 ohm resistor in the airbag wiring to trick the system into thinking nothing has been changed. and also transfer over the "bladder" from the passenger seat into the new passenger seat of the braums this is a bag looking thing underneath the factory seats filled with water its the sensor that tells the car someone is sitting in the passenger seat, this is the more important part. the light that you are worried about is just a light no big deal (you turn off the light with the resistor) driver side airbags are always on and will always deploy no matter what. it is the passenger airbag you need to worry about and this is fixed by transferring over the bladder.

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
I knew I'd be missing the airbag but now that you put it that way, I will have to reconsider for the Recaro's. The cheapest set I found used is still a little under $2k. Stuff to think about now. Thanks for chiming in.
Having been in a scary bad wreck and walked away injury free has made me think about automotive safety a little more than I used to. (Though I do still have an antique with 300 horsepower & no airbags or traction control...)
Check out the IIHS crash tests on the Mustang. http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/ford/mustang-2-door-coupe
In the small overlap, they talk about the dummy's head being able to roll a little too much, and that seat airbag did go off, could've been worse without it.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
3 or 4 ohm resister will work and on passenger you just short weight switch which tell system somebody is there, which means that bad will blow even when empty.
Those seat will need mounting plate and set of sliders. they will lower about 2 inchs
Sponsored