Sponsored

Installed Mesh Grille and MF V2 Howler Badge

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
My son and I installed a gloss black Honeycomb mesh grille kit from customcargrills.com this weekend, as well as a red/black Howler V2 badge from MF Auto Designs. First, big thanks to Custom Car Grills, as the install was super simple, well documented, and looks great! Second, the MF Auto Designs Howler V2 badges are gorgeous! The weight is great, and you can tell that there's a lot of care put into developing, producing, and painting these. Install was also a breeze.

I'd rate this whole thing at about a 2/5 on the 'How Much Will This Suck-O-Meter'. Removing the front bumper, and even showing my son the correct way to do things, was easy. I grabbed a 1/4" HEX to 1/4" SQUARE converter to use my drill for the bolts, as well as a DeWalt right-angle drill adapter. The biggest issue is getting to the 7mm bolts behind the fender liner, but once you're through that crap, the rest is easy peasy.

My kid is really proud of the work that he was able to do, as this was really his first 'big boy' project where he got to hold and use some of the tools (NOT the Dremel!)

JR
IMG_20171210_162301v2.jpg
IMG_20171210_163221v2.jpg
IMG_20171211_123639v2.jpg
IMG_20171211_123634v2.jpg
Sponsored

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
It looks great. I'll be doing the exact same in the spring.

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I like that grill/Howler badge combo ALOT!

MF_AutoDesigns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I always love seeing a Father/Son project. It looks great! I agree that the Dewalt right angle drill attachment is basically a must have. Thanks for your business!

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
looks good man!

Sponsored

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
My son and I installed a gloss black Honeycomb mesh grille kit from customcargrills.com this weekend, as well as a red/black Howler V2 badge from MF Auto Designs. First, big thanks to Custom Car Grills, as the install was super simple, well documented, and looks great! Second, the MF Auto Designs Howler V2 badges are gorgeous! The weight is great, and you can tell that there's a lot of care put into developing, producing, and painting these. Install was also a breeze.

I'd rate this whole thing at about a 2/5 on the 'How Much Will This Suck-O-Meter'. Removing the front bumper, and even showing my son the correct way to do things, was easy. I grabbed a 1/4" HEX to 1/4" SQUARE converter to use my drill for the bolts, as well as a DeWalt right-angle drill adapter. The biggest issue is getting to the 7mm bolts behind the fender liner, but once you're through that crap, the rest is easy peasy.

My kid is really proud of the work that he was able to do, as this was really his first 'big boy' project where he got to hold and use some of the tools (NOT the Dremel!)

JR
Great farther-son project.

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Thanks guys! This was a lot of fun to do!

The next father/son projects are a GT350R steering wheel, 2018 tail light trim panel with Howler badge, and black 5.0 fender badges. I picked up the wheel today, and the rest of the stuff should be arriving from Levittown Ford in the next few days!

JR
Sponsored