Sponsored

Opinions on the Chevy SS

Axiom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack
I always felt that even the H badge on the Hyundais and the oval Kia badge were derivative of Honda and Ford respectively. I also felt as though they deliberately put in styling cues as well.
You have to admit the Explorer and Range Rover look very similar and the Fusion's front end looks very much like an Aston's.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a kid looking to hop up a V6 Mustang because that's all I could afford. I'm 45 years old. My REAL go fast passion involves 2 wheels and track days. Have to wait until my kid finishes college to continue those. Wanna race my little "rice rocket"? :D
:D:cheers:
Not making fun cause that's all you could afford at the time.. I'd never do that. Was just a generic statement :cheers: As far as racing your two wheel crotch rocket.. nah, I'm good :thumbsup:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
And I don't give a shit about your opinion.

"The Japs" - really? - you are a racist aSShole
No need to resort to name calling just because I shorten a name. My friends and coworkers call me a shortened version of my name. I don't blame the people currently alive on that island for all the Americans slain in that treacherous attack in the 40s. I think there are a lot of neat things about Japanese culture - sushi is a great invention and I eat it every chance I get.

I won't buy a car from them though, and I think I have a legitimate reason that has nothing to do with discrimination.

You have to admit the Explorer and Range Rover look very similar and the Fusion's front end looks very much like an Aston's.
Agreed. I remember the comparisons of the 80s Taurus with the Audi of that time. Car companies definitely copy each other and it's common for many cars of a certain time frame to look similar.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Had to look up 'minger'. You sir are a truly unique individual. Ever have a conversation with someone and tried to prove your point without throwing out insults?

I once heard a very successful man say "If they start throwing out insults or name calling, congratulations...you've won the argument."

So essentially - any vehicle that doesn't agree with YOUR sense of taste / style is shit. Got it.

In my 40's actually. Grew up around the car business. GM in fact. Worked on the service side, sales side and wholesale side before I ever graduated HS.

I understand "Off brand". Funny thing is - you don't.

I wasn't specifically talking about the gas crunch. Which one are you referring to? The '73 embargo, or the later snowball effect of that embargo - at least the mental effect on Detroit.

It wasn't the gas crunch that actually caused the shitstorm in the American auto industry in the 70's - it was heavy-handed and unrealistic EPA legislation - I'll let you look up who was in the Whitehouse when all these ridiculous regulations started being printed by the ton.

Mid 70's big three cars were pretty much shit for QC across the board and it had nothing to do with 'downsizing'.

I should know, I've owned and wrenched on a ton of them.

Styling is one thing. Power is another. Engineering sure. Quality Control? Doesn't matter if your car is a world beater - if you can't build the thing where it doesn't fall apart - it won't beat anything in the long run.

Might also want to check out the "revival" of Chrysler in the 80's. You, especially you, would likely be surprised how QC improved AFTER they brought in consultants from ASIAN car manufacturers.... Kinda doesn't fit your narrative.

And yes, UAW workers made them - many times sloppily and at a pay rate which dwarfed skilled trade workers at the time. Read some history. UAW's big wigs essentially soured many people against unions. Paying people to literally show up and read magazines / smoke cigarettes and drink beer? Yeah, no thanks.

My god - can you even do a google search?

https://jalopnik.com/kia-is-awarded-coveted-markie-award-for-excellence-in-m-1798431407

https://www.kia.com/us/en/content/why-kia/leadership/awards/awards-kia-motors

http://www.jdpower.com/microsites/kia/home

Really?

Nobody huh?

https://www.roadandtravel.com/roadtests/reviews/2011roadtests/hyundai-sonata.html

That's just one. LET ME GOOGLE THAT FOR YOU

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=2011+hyundai+sonata+awards

Car and Driver, Road and Track...need me to keep going?

"Nobody"....LOL

You really going to count the Mustang II in that equation? Pinto much? Hell, I know some Mustang guys who ignore 74-77 entirely. They pretend those years never happened.

No your point was that YOU don't like this, don't like that and you throw out opinions - representing them as facts, which you can't support.

No worries. Different stroke for different folks.

Dude, you obviously have zero backbone and are a snowflake. YES.. I have outright told people right in front of me, what I think of their purchases, or them.

It is called criticism.

And yes, people who buy certain foreign cars are lemmings. Sorry you don't follow engineering, only marketing. And your links prove what... Hat those companies can make a one-off car, that won an award..? What about the following years, and how many trophies on their corporate walls..?

You are led around by marketing and magazines. Did the sonata win any races..? Or technical achievement awards..? Or just price/value awards..?

And again the fuel crisis era was bad for the big three... And all American manufacturers engineering/quality suffered for years afterwards. What it your point, that KIA was around then? This is common knowledge and it seems you are just learning about things Detroit went thru, while some lived through it.

Oddly, you don't seem to understand why many bought European (German), because of bmw & MB quality.You are a lunatic if you think the off-brands of KIA or Hyundai matches that of German cars.They are sh!t econoboxes and it does not matter if one year, they happened to win some type of magazine award, it is not consistent to their brand.

Offly odd, that you are so protective of KIA & Hyundai, for no reason, everyone in the country know they are econo-brands.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Not making fun cause that's all you could afford at the time.. I'd never do that. Was just a generic statement :cheers: As far as racing your two wheel crotch rocket.. nah, I'm good :thumbsup:
No worries - it's the internet. But never ever get that GT on a racetrack with turns. It's ADDICTIVE and EXPENSIVE. :cheers:

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Dude, you obviously have zero backbone and are a snowflake. YES.. I have outright told people right in front of me, what I think of their purchases, or them.

It is called criticism.

And yes, people who buy certain foreign cars are lemmings. Sorry you don't follow engineering, only marketing. And your links prove what... Hat those companies can make a one-off car, that won an award..? What about the following years, and how many trophies on their corporate walls..?

You are led around by marketing and magazines. Did the sonata win any races..? Or technical achievement awards..? Or just price/value awards..?

And again the fuel crisis era was bad for the big three... And all American manufacturers engineering/quality suffered for years afterwards. What it your point, that KIA was around then? This is common knowledge and it seems you are just learning about things Detroit went thru, while some lived through it.

Oddly, you don't seem to understand why many bought European (German), because of bmw & MB quality.You are a lunatic if you think the off-brands of KIA or Hyundai matches that of German cars.They are sh!t econoboxes and it does not matter if one year, they happened to win some type of magazine award, it is not consistent to their brand.

Offly odd, that you are so protective of KIA & Hyundai, for no reason, everyone in the country know they are econo-brands.
A snowflake? :lol:
Criticism without facts to back up it up is called OPINION. Dictionary is accessible online. Need a link?

As I said before. When you can't back up your statements with facts...it's just hot air. You think you offended me? You didn't. It's the internet. You aren't my blood, you weren't standing beside me for any of the 6 years I wore the uniform - so you truly mean nothing to me

You can have the last word. Your mind is closed. Got it. Somewhere there is a guy that had EXACTLY your same OPINIONS in the 70's when Honda's first hit the U.S. If he's still kicking, he probably drives a Honda.

:doh:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
A snowflake? :lol:
Criticism without facts to back up it up is called OPINION. Dictionary is accessible online. Need a link?

As I said before. When you can't back up your statements with facts...it's just hot air. You think you offended me? You didn't. It's the internet. You aren't my blood, you weren't standing beside me for any of the 6 years I wore the uniform - so you truly mean nothing to me

You can have the last word. Your mind is closed. Got it. Somewhere there is a guy that had EXACTLY your same OPINIONS in the 70's when Honda's first hit the U.S. If he's still kicking, he probably drives a Honda.

:doh:

Correct, you seem like a fragile person, who is unable to handle another's opinion. So laugh all you want, as you seem intolerable, & irritated to me, most likely because you realize you've lived in a bubble. And... your ARE absolutely butthurt for some reason, because I (& others) have pointed out, that people don't aspire to own a KIA, or a Hyundai. And that those are econo-brands. (Everyone knows this, except you)

Not even sure what you point is, other than to argue known history & automotive facts.

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Correct, you seem like a fragile person, who is unable to handle another's opinion. So laugh all you want, as you seem intolerable, & irritated to me, most likely because you realize you've lived in a bubble. And... your ARE absolutely butthurt for some reason, because I (& others) have pointed out, that people don't aspire to own a KIA, or a Hyundai. And that those are econo-brands. (Everyone knows this, except you)

Not even sure what you point is, other than to argue known history & automotive facts.

You're the one throwing the hissy fit with lengthy posts of profanity and bizarre hyperbole deriding other members. Calm yourself. Unless you want to continue to ramble on about how no other person's opinion is worth anything becuase you are so so right. On second through, continue the tantrum. It's adorable.
Sponsored