OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Still working on information. I am going to try to just change the ODO on the 350 gauge without any other programming but I don’t know what security features I am going to trigger. I drive my car everyday so I would have the GT350 cluster a tad higher than what I expect to drive (I don’t want to understate mileage but overstating does not matter to me) since I have to wait for the cluster to be changed.

The problem is once I drive with the GT350 cluster then my OEM cluster will be off so I wouldn’t want to go back to that cluster. Really don’t know what to do with that because the dealers don’t have anything to do with changing the mileage making the swap very hard for someone like me which is why I want to try just changing the mileage but again who knows what will happen with all the other anti theft anti tamper stuff.
Sponsored

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Did you get a picture of it while you had it plugged in? Would love to see what it looked like

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
What is the point? Is there a difference in the GT cluster vs. the GT350 cluster? Besides the redline off course.

2016-Ford-Shelby-GT350-Mustang-instrument-cluster.jpg

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
From what I understand is you can buy the gt350 cluster new from ford with a core charge and they set the miles. I could be wrong

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
What is the point? Is there a difference in the GT cluster vs. the GT350 cluster? Besides the redline off course.

2016-Ford-Shelby-GT350-Mustang-instrument-cluster.jpg
Because I don’t like the way the regular cluster looks. Also gain a few other small things, speedo up to 200, etc

Sponsored

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
From what I understand is you can buy the gt350 cluster new from ford with a core charge and they set the miles. I could be wrong
Yes that is what the member on here did though there are things you lose if you have a premium car. Otherwise you have to jump through some loopholes but it shouldn’t be too hard. Without a GT350 cluster to send in as a core the cost will be $1100~ plus Ford has to do some other things. I’m still trying to create a guide but for myself I need to understand what happens if I just change the ODO as everything was working fine

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Did you get a picture of it while you had it plugged in? Would love to see what it looked like
I got a video of it when I turned on the car and such I’ll have to cut some of it as it was sort of long but I’ll get it on here for you.

calebdnehus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT
I got a video of it when I turned on the car and such I’ll have to cut some of it as it was sort of long but I’ll get it on here for you.
In for the video. You mention you plugged it in and everything functioned properly? Speedo and rpm calibrated themself? I have found the cluster for sale through a parts site for $611 and would love pick one up if all I have to do is get mileage set and plug-n-play swap. What do you lose from a premium car with the 350 cluster? I’m base but curious to see what it would be

calebdnehus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT
I have also skimmed through a thread about FORscan on this forum. You may be able to program the cluster yourself with that software. Aside from the mileage that is. That is if you haven't made an progress on finding a dealer to do it for you

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
Wonder if the my color would work on it?

Sponsored
OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I have also skimmed through a thread about FORscan on this forum. You may be able to program the cluster yourself with that software. Aside from the mileage that is. That is if you haven't made an progress on finding a dealer to do it for you
Haven’t contacted any dealers yet myself outside of the one I knew didn’t want touch it haha. I’m still trying to figure out if there are any security issues. I have a base car with no options so reprogramming the cluster may not matter. I just don’t know what will happen if I plug in the GT350 cluster and actually drive the car. There are so many wide ranged answers when it comes to the clusters it makes it so hard to find something useful. My plan is to reprogram the ODO and then pray the car does not do anything crazy I guess.

[MENTION=8271]JWS[/MENTION] has provided me with most of the info here FYI all credit goes to this member on here.

If you did want to purchase the cluster new it will run $1100. You have to go into the dealer and have a GT350 vin. I assume the core charge is for the same cluster (like GT 350 for a GT350, etc).

In a few weeks I hope to compile a guide anyone looking to do the swap will prob have to order new as these cars are not being parted out.

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
In for the video. You mention you plugged it in and everything functioned properly? Speedo and rpm calibrated themself? I have found the cluster for sale through a parts site for $611 and would love pick one up if all I have to do is get mileage set and plug-n-play swap. What do you lose from a premium car with the 350 cluster? I’m base but curious to see what it would be
Per JWS the adaptive cruise control does not work but regular cruise control does. The RPM gauge was accurate and JWS said the MPH analog and digital was accurate as well.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I think you might lose the my color function if you swap to this.

calebdnehus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT
Haven’t contacted any dealers yet myself outside of the one I knew didn’t want touch it haha. I’m still trying to figure out if there are any security issues. I have a base car with no options so reprogramming the cluster may not matter. I just don’t know what will happen if I plug in the GT350 cluster and actually drive the car. There are so many wide ranged answers when it comes to the clusters it makes it so hard to find something useful. My plan is to reprogram the ODO and then pray the car does not do anything crazy I guess.
There is a way to disable PATS but I'm not sure how or if you can enable again down the road. I read something somewhere discussing the PATS thing on some motor swap thread. Not sure if that would be helpful to you at all, but I figured I would throw it out there.

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Because I don’t like the way the regular cluster looks. Also gain a few other small things, speedo up to 200, etc
What do you mean? This looks the exact same as the regular cluster except the higher rev and speed limits.
Sponsored