Sponsored

General attitude in these forums

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I'm not sure if this is allowed or not but I need to say something.

I joined this forum almost 2 years ago and it was a helpful, fun place to discuss the s550 with other passionate owners. Be it questions or advice or just stories of our amazing machines.

Lately though it seems like every single thread eventually becomes derailed because people just want to argue. Why are you here if you just want to fight? There are other forums for that.

Between the ecoboost vs v8 crowd and the 15vs18 model crowd it's just constant bashing. I can't remember the last post I saw that didn't devolve into some fight or argument or someone yelling OH I KNOW EVERYTHING AND YOU'RE ALL WRONG.

Let's actually be a community again. Please, I don't want to buy a camaro just to be on their forums lol.
Sponsored

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I think there is some great advice, great tips, great photos, and great people here. But sometimes I read certain comments that are absolutely trying to provoke. I keep my comments polite and civil and directed at the subject of the thread. Just my $.02.

OP
OP

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I think there is some great advice, great tips, great photos, and great people here. But sometimes I read certain comments that are absolutely trying to provoke. I keep my comments polite and civil and directed at the subject of the thread. Just my $.02.
Youre right. There is still some good stuff, it's not all bad but yea the provoking comments seem to be more prevalent for sure.

There was a post a while back about an ad ford put on the side of a train and that simple, well intended post became so vile.

Anyway thanks for the response!

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
With forums, doesn't matter which one you're on, you'll usually see the same things: people that don't know how to use google, people that want to start a flame war, passionate people that want to help, and opinionated people that already have their minds made up.

In general, the people on mustang6g I find are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Like life, you get back what you send out.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Car forums are just like that in general. To be honest, aside from a few individuals, a majority of discussion is fairly civil.

There's always going to be some model year/trim in-fighting, and most of it can be avoided if you simply ignore it or don't engage in it.

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I'm not sure if this is allowed or not but I need to say something.

I joined this forum almost 2 years ago and it was a helpful, fun place to discuss the s550 with other passionate owners. Be it questions or advice or just stories of our amazing machines.

Lately though it seems like every single thread eventually becomes derailed because people just want to argue. Why are you here if you just want to fight? There are other forums for that.

Between the ecoboost vs v8 crowd and the 15vs18 model crowd it's just constant bashing. I can't remember the last post I saw that didn't devolve into some fight or argument or someone yelling OH I KNOW EVERYTHING AND YOU'RE ALL WRONG.

Let's actually be a community again. Please, I don't want to buy a camaro just to be on their forums lol.
Sounds like pretty much every car forum. If you think it's greener on the Camaro forums, give it a shot. You'll be amazed if you think it's bad here.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
My patented steps for a better forum experience:

1) Ignore douchebags

OK, that's it :D

Honestly, if someone is CLEARLY being an asshat, just report them, the mods are good at ID'ing people who are just here to cause noise.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
My advice to anyone who is not enjoying their forum time. USE THE IGNORE FEATURE! I have about 50 people on ignore. I'm sure I'm probably on 3 times that many other peoples lists.:D

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
I have to LOL just a little here , you talked about the Eco Boost and the V8's going at it you should have seen what it was like if you had a V6 both of those groups laid into the V6 like no tomorrow , with the V8 guys it was you should have gotten a GT and with the Eco group it was we make more HP than you with the turbo. both seem to forget the 6 started this whole thing, the prototype that was never built yes was a 4 but the car that was built started with the 6 . but man if you said you had a V6 all hell broke out. I agree that when I came to this group I did so looking to learn all I could but found out fast that because it was a V6 you had to pick the right place to ask anything or get blasted

Thanks for making this post I see I was not the only one that noticed this

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
I'm a member of many car forums and have been on Mustang forums for 10 years. As stated above the difference in opinions makes for some good reading.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

1) Ignore douchebags

Honestly, if someone is CLEARLY being an asshat, just report them, the mods are good at ID'ing people who are just here to cause noise.
Excellent life advice. Maybe we should create a "douche" button next to the ignore.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
It's the internet, take everything with a grain of salt. Honestly sometimes people being a ass is good intertainment. I try to stay positive and not a hater. If I step out of line please feel free to call me out. I try to stay out of threads that don't concern me. I would like to apologize for my gt vs eco half throttle thread.:D

Last edited:

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have to LOL just a little here , you talked about the Eco Boost and the V8's going at it you should have seen what it was like if you had a V6 both of those groups laid into the V6 like no tomorrow , with the V8 guys it was you should have gotten a GT and with the Eco group it was we make more HP than you with the turbo. both seem to forget the 6 started this whole thing, the prototype that was never built yes was a 4 but the car that was built started with the 6 . but man if you said you had a V6 all hell broke out. I agree that when I came to this group I did so looking to learn all I could but found out fast that because it was a V6 you had to pick the right place to ask anything or get blasted

Thanks for making this post I see I was not the only one that noticed this
And don't forget the S197 guys that HATE the S550 guys !!!!!!!!!!:D

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
The groupthink mentality spreads fast on forums. Ideals and behaviors, if repeated enough, end up being "the answer" around here if not corrected quickly enough.

I do enjoy watching people argue though, I admit.

Some complain about repeat threads and for the small, "duh" stuff I agree it can be searched, but if everyone used the search first in a forum every time, the forums would dry up really fast. Discussion is what this place is all about.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp

1) Ignore douchebags

X2
Sponsored