MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
One side note: if you have your center tranny cover removed (with the cup holders), you'll have removed two wiring connections - one/both of those is needed for the car to communicate with the key! It powers the key receiver, so you can't drive around with it totally removed (I had to do a quick partial re-install, didn't snap it down, to start and use my car this morning).
Sponsored

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
One side note: if you have your center tranny cover removed (with the cup holders), you'll have removed two wiring connections - one/both of those is needed for the car to communicate with the key! It powers the key receiver, so you can't drive around with it totally removed (I had to do a quick partial re-install, didn't snap it down, to start and use my car this morning).
One of my last installs/console changes i forgot to plug that sucker back in when i reinstalled....good thing i checked it before the next work day!

mlevans1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
anyone bought from Shifteck on the bay?

I want the alcantara with red stitching look and that's the only one I found
I got mine from Ebay, im not sure the seller/manufacturer...but for as "cheap" as they were compared to JPM works before i was happy with the install. They are pretty thin, but that doesnt bother me.

Milez28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ruby S/C GT Prem
I got mine from Ebay, im not sure the seller/manufacturer...but for as "cheap" as they were compared to JPM works before i was happy with the install. They are pretty thin, but that doesnt bother me.
Well I went ahead and took a chance and got it yesterday. Now I have to search youtube vids on how to do this

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I got a shift boot and e-brake boot from Redline. Can't say I'm real happy with it. They were both cut slightly too small and it took a lot of heat and pulling to get them over the plastic frames, and even then they didn't entirely fit. On the e-brake handle they cut the handle end much too small and I had to split about 10 stitches to even get it over, and now there is a gap on the underside that I have to hold together with a zip tie. The material itself is good, but the fitment was terrible. I'll probably end up ordering OEM replacements.
I'm having this problem with my new parts- e-brake isn't close. The stripe I got looks great but it makes it difficult to fold the "neck" over and I wound up stretching it and the stitching got loose.

The worst issue: the rear of the boot where is attaches to the frame was _way_ too short, there's no way with is attached the brake would disengage.

I'm reasonably handy, I really took my time, used as little material as possible to attach to the plastic frame - I even did just a section at a time to make sure things were lined up.

Now I'm going back and forth, sending photos of measurements of their pieces vs. my stock pieces. I pulled out my shift boot, but haven't used theirs yet, so that looks bad - and they seem to come and go inconsistently with email responses.

I went with Redline Goods for my shift boot, e-brake boot and console cover 2 years ago. The fit was perfect and I haven't had any issues with the material or fitment. I did order both the e-brake and shift boot with +1 inch of material. Gave me lots of room to fit everything in well. I would recommend them to others.
Yeah, another 1" or even 2" would've made a HUGE difference.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I went ahead and installed the shifter boot, it was a touch on the snug side, but has enough play so shifting isn't affected - to be honest, I kind of like it with a touch less excess material, really shows off the stripe.

OK, so just need to get the e-brake boot resolved!

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
I had a bunch of parts made by Redlinegoods for my Focus ST a few years ago. Shift boot was a little tricky but I got it to work, and it looked good. Arm rest turned out PERFECT, but my steering wheel I had to have wrapped twice - first time it was horrible, second time it was just... not great. I installed it anyways, as I had spent enough in the first place with shipping to their NC assembler and then Poland for the second try.

BRYN@N4SM

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
n4sm.com
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT vert
I also have the Redline Goods e brake boot, shift boot and center console in leather/alcantara. Could not be happier with them!

For anyone looking to have a steering wheel done check out @beithperformanceparts on Instagram. He does carbon fiber/alcantara/leather ones and the work is amazing

:thumbsup:

BRYN@N4SM

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
n4sm.com
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT vert
Good afternoon and happy Monday ladies and gents! Today we're going to take a time out from our regularly scheduled programming for something different

38223991981_846ed0d2f8.jpg

In light of SEMA having just concluded, let's take this moment to showcase some of the Mustang goodness that was in attendance. Unfortunately I was not able to make the trip but some of the N4SM team was there and I quite enjoyed seeing the pics on social media. So without further ado...

38168569476_8400f80587_z.png

38191790092_e847fbdf90_c.jpg

38191790382_37bcccdb8a_c.jpg

38168571746_b5d1c52e0f_z.jpg

38168570966_fcb1908071_c.jpg

26447495019_357fdd845f_z.jpg

Now I know what you're thinking...cmon, Bryn, we've seen that all before! Ok, ok. This may be old news to some. But luckily for us there were also several modified 2018 Mustangs on display this year. Feast your eyes on this...

26447495139_2000ae3661_c.jpg

38192169922_44725cdceb_c.jpg

37513198644_b0c61dec8a_c.jpg

38223992461_f5f0636bf0_c.jpg

38191792912_3dee0419ef_c.jpg

Seeing these new '18s modded is getting me really excited to start seeing some on the road! I know that Steeda Autosports is already busy getting their new parts tested and produced for the new Mustang as well. It's only a matter of time now! Tick tock tick tock

Sponsored

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
^^^^^
?????

This thread doesn't have anything to do with 2018 models or SEMA, unless someone new is going to be making 2015-2018 ALCANTARA INTERIOR PARTS.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'm having this problem with my new parts- e-brake isn't close. The stripe I got looks great but it makes it difficult to fold the "neck" over and I wound up stretching it and the stitching got loose.

The worst issue: the rear of the boot where is attaches to the frame was _way_ too short, there's no way with is attached the brake would disengage.

I'm reasonably handy, I really took my time, used as little material as possible to attach to the plastic frame - I even did just a section at a time to make sure things were lined up.

Now I'm going back and forth, sending photos of measurements of their pieces vs. my stock pieces. I pulled out my shift boot, but haven't used theirs yet, so that looks bad - and they seem to come and go inconsistently with email responses.

Yeah, another 1" or even 2" would've made a HUGE difference.
OK, I did get a replacement (no charge, just took another several days ...), I had it for a couple of weeks before I had time to install it - and I wasn't really looking forward to pulling things apart again.

So I did wind up requesting another 2" or so, it came in was longer top-to-bottom, and front-middle to the back, like not really scaled up all around, so I was still a little concerned.

Pulled out the old one, removed it, test fitted, looked good. So I committed to glueing it - learning from my last install I was able to get a better positioning, the top "neck" had plenty of length, in fact, needed more folding back. I wound up cutting the narrow end section, at the bottom seam so it didn't pull the boot apart like last time (and that gets tucked under and fastened so no biggie).

I did redo the top fold, once after it was glued and I did a complete test fit in the car - final results: this one fits just about perfect, there's no restriction to forward movement, pretty happy.

So if you do get something from them, I'd build in another 2" for a brake boot and maybe another 1" for a shifter boot (when I had things apart I get another 1/8" of slack in the shifter so it's also just about perfect now too).

:cheers:
Sponsored