Sponsored

Charger Rt Scat vs bolt on 16 gt

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
This thread makes me miss the s197 more and more. The s550 seems to have brought out the stupid. Sorry but several of these posters are correct. I've owned both and it's pretty clear. Now if you want to argue who has the better aftermarket, Mustang all day every day. Don't like the truth? Call me a troll, not gonna change the facts.
Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I own a GT and have driven a 2017 SRT Charger, I agree it's a drivers race with the advantage going to the auto in the Charger. I choose the GT over the Charger as the Charger felt like I was driving a bus as compared with the Mustang. I'm not partial to Ford at all, this is my first one. I've always been Chevy man but couldn't afford the decked out 2017 Camaro I wanted...*sniff* I felt like a traitor at first but after driving the GT for 3 months no regrets at all. The MOPAR power plant is the real deal even when stuffed into the bulky, big four door Charger.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
This thread makes me miss the s197 more and more. The s550 seems to have brought out the stupid. Sorry but several of these posters are correct. I've owned both and it's pretty clear. Now if you want to argue who has the better aftermarket, Mustang all day every day. Don't like the truth? Call me a troll, not gonna change the facts.
I noticed you've moved on from your s550. Nice purchase :cheers:

It really is a shame the aftermarket isn't there for the 392. At least there is procharger, kenne bell and a turbo kit. It really doesnt get the support it deserves in my opinion

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
It's no different than any other fourm. If you go on sv1p the 03-04 cobra is the best car ever because it is raw and nothing else matters. If you go on Camaro 6 guess what you will read. Camaro5? Any dodge fourm? Honda fourm? Miata fourm? There are quite a few s197 owners that constantly complain about the 15-17 cars on here as well. Not sure what you want.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
I've owned both, an auto 15 GT and my current auto 15 Scat Pack. Trust me my Scat Pack is faster.

Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed you've moved on from your s550. Nice purchase :cheers:

It really is a shame the aftermarket isn't there for the 392. At least there is procharger, kenne bell and a turbo kit. It really doesnt get the support it deserves in my opinion
Agreed, I do miss my Mustang at times for different reasons. I just missed having 4 doors with a kid. This makes life easier and better car to road trip with the family.

It's no different than any other fourm. If you go on sv1p the 03-04 cobra is the best car ever because it is raw and nothing else matters. If you go on Camaro 6 guess what you will read. Camaro5? Any dodge fourm? Honda fourm? Miata fourm? There are quite a few s197 owners that constantly complain about the 15-17 cars on here as well. Not sure what you want.
Wait, you're telling me the "terminator" isn't the best car ever!?!

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
My wife's stock auto gets beat quite easily by a stock scat pack challenger. I thought it'd be closer than it was, according to this site, "it's a drivers race". Quarter mile time might be close, but I bet it had about 5 mph on be by the way he flew by. Those big boats can't get off the line, but they move when they get going.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Did you even read the OP? The discussion isn't stock for stock. The mustang is tuned with an intake and exhaust. The Scat pack is stock except exhaust.

Post #4 is a picture of a member here with similar mods beating a stock Scat Pack Challenger. So it's certainly not unheard of.

Are the Dodge forums that boring that all you guys need to come here for excitement? :headbonk:

Last edited:

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you even read the OP? The discussion isn't stock for stock. The mustang is tuned with an intake and exhaust. The Scat pack is stock except exhaust.

Post #4 is a picture of a member here with similar mods beating a stock Scat Pack Challenger. So it's certainly not unheard of.

Are the Dodge forums that boring that all you guys need to come here for excitement? :headbonk:
As a member here for years and as a previous owner of an s550 I do like to come here and see the builds and progress from other members, and I'm more than welcome to post here. I'm a member of probably a dozen car forums, I do like to stay involved. If that offends you please go back to your safe space. Put me on ignore if you don't like me commenting. A tuned GT will have a hard time with a stock scat pack. An A8 scat wether Charger or Challenger will be a handful, like it or not. An M6 scat Challenger I would give a drivers race. As I've said numerous times you can't go wrong with any of the big three current muscle/sport cars. If I didn't need the extra space I would have kept my Mustang.

If anyone is interested in friendly racing in Fayetteville and my schedule is clear I'll run. Please no ecoboosts though, I'm scared of them.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
As a member here for years and as a previous owner of an s550 I do like to come here and see the builds and progress from other members, and I'm more than welcome to post here. I'm a member of probably a dozen car forums, I do like to stay involved. If that offends you please go back to your safe space. Put me on ignore if you don't like me commenting.
I never said I don't like you commenting so don't get your panties all in a ruffle. If everyone here agreed on everything there would be nothing to "discuss" in this discussion forum.

Unfortunately as a GenX conservative I don't have a safe space. :doh:

A tuned GT will have a hard time with a stock scat pack. An A8 scat wether Charger or Challenger will be a handful, like it or not. An M6 scat Challenger I would give a drivers race. As I've said numerous times you can't go wrong with any of the big three current muscle/sport cars. If I didn't need the extra space I would have kept my Mustang.
I agree 100%! It's when people chime in to say "it's not even a question" or "not even close" I have to laugh. I've raced a few of the big Dodge's from around 50-100 and they go really well. I can't say which models they were. I just have the Hellcat badge committed to memory. Those I am not too proud to admit I avoid at all costs.

Please no ecoboosts though, I'm scared of them.
I saw an ecoboost just the other day whip up on a Hellcat in a part throttle race......amazing! :lol:

Last edited:

Sponsored

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
As a member here for years and as a previous owner of an s550 I do like to come here and see the builds and progress from other members, and I'm more than welcome to post here. I'm a member of probably a dozen car forums, I do like to stay involved. If that offends you please go back to your safe space. Put me on ignore if you don't like me commenting. A tuned GT will have a hard time with a stock scat pack. An A8 scat wether Charger or Challenger will be a handful, like it or not. An M6 scat Challenger I would give a drivers race. As I've said numerous times you can't go wrong with any of the big three current muscle/sport cars. If I didn't need the extra space I would have kept my Mustang.

If anyone is interested in friendly racing in Fayetteville and my schedule is clear I'll run. Please no ecoboosts though, I'm scared of them.

Why is it so hard for people to understand that you don't have to only like one company. I miss my mustang, I'm loving my scatpack more and more everyday and I still want a new Camaro. I follow a few car forums to. Have you done any mods yet to the scatpack? I just cut the mufflers off last week. Sounds great now!
I'm in Illinois and I'll run mine for a friendly race.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Why is it so hard for people to understand that you don't have to only like one company. I miss my mustang, I'm loving my scatpack more and more everyday and I still want a new Camaro. I follow a few car forums to. Have you done any mods yet to the scatpack? I just cut the mufflers off last week. Sounds great now!
I've got a 15 Mustang in IL and would have loved to run you when my car was still NA.

I also own a Scat Charger and stock to stock I'd put money on the Scat. A good tune on a 5.0 should put the Mustang at an advantage imo. I got called a troll on the FB Scat group I'm part of because I said a FBO tuned Coyote will smack a stock Scat around. These knuckleheads swear a stock Scat will destroy a FBO Coyote...lol

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
I've got a 15 Mustang in IL and would have loved to run you when my car was still NA.

I also own a Scat Charger and stock to stock I'd put money on the Scat. A good tune on a 5.0 should put the Mustang at an advantage imo. I got called a troll on the FB Scat group I'm part of because I said a FBO tuned Coyote will smack a stock Scat around. These knuckleheads swear a stock Scat will destroy a FBO Coyote...lol
That's badass your able to have both. Sounds like your mustang is pretty awesome. I agree fully with you on the fbo. Them mustangs are fast. I'm hoping to make it to the track soon.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is stock, only thing I added was HID's definitely not a power adder.

I just go where the value is. I can't stand being brand loyal. You see it everywhere. Cars, gaming platforms (oh god I think this one might be worse than car fanboys), electronics, phones, etc.

I agree a FBO Mustang is completely different. Looking forward to the 18's.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never said I don't like you commenting so don't get your panties all in a ruffle. If everyone here agreed on everything there would be nothing to "discuss" in this discussion forum.

Unfortunately as a GenX conservative I don't have a safe space. :doh:

I agree 100%! It's when people chime in to say "it's not even a question" or "not even close" I have to laugh. I've raced a few of the big Dodge's from around 50-100 and they go really well. I can't say which models they were. I just have the Hellcat badge committed to memory. Those I am not too proud to admit I avoid at all costs.

I saw an ecoboost just the other day whip up on a Hellcat in a part throttle race......amazing! :lol:
You're alright in my book, love the commentary! Unfortunately I can't get my panties in a ruffle, I'm going commando.
Sponsored