Sponsored

Possible to upgrade stock fog light bulbs?

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I read that the Canadian spec fogs have a different bulb because they are also used as a daytime running light? is the Canadian bulb less powerful? I don't seem to get that much light out of them at night and I have a Canadian spec.

Thanks

CVCashmere

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I read that the Canadian spec fogs have a different bulb because they are also used as a daytime running light? is the Canadian bulb less powerful? I don't seem to get that much light out of them at night and I have a Canadian spec.

Thanks

CVCashmere
The US-spec unit is a complete LED assembly. The AU-spec models have separate incandescent bulbs, as well as the EU-versions.

I believe the Canadian-spec models use the same housing as the US-spec.

Nick C.

Nik_Ind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang 5.0 GT Coupe
The stock US-spec housings should fit the EU-spec Mustangs.

Thanks!
Nick C.
Hey Nick! I understand that the fitment is no issue. However, do they function properly? I believe there's a difference in the wiring between the US spec and EU spec!

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Would like more light output from fogs on the road.
Both the 15 I had and the 17 I now have had the fog lights aimed so low that you couldn't even see the beam on the road from the driver's seat.

With the car on my lift and the fogs aimed at the garage door (about 4' away) the beam was about 4" low. I raised them so they were 1" low . The light carries out a good 75 to 100 feet in front of the car with the cut off about 2 feet off the ground. This makes them very good.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
How to Adjust Fog Lights`

I would like to hear how easy it is to adjust these? Mine are also too low to the ground.

you advice would be a help.

thanks

CVCashmere

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Do we have to remove the belly pan to get to the adjustment? Any photos of the adjustment?
I removed the belly pan, it is quite simple, a bunch of screws and some push pins. There is an adjustment screw on the bottom that is counter sunk into the housing. You don't need to turn the screw much to make a significant change.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Hey Nick! I understand that the fitment is no issue. However, do they function properly? I believe there's a difference in the wiring between the US spec and EU spec!
You should be able to take the positive and ground wires and install them into the connectors on your replacement housing. We've had authorized dealers install them on EU-spec Mustangs I believe.

The AU-spec housings have two bulbs I believe. The small, 194 DRL bulb will be deleted if you replace the housing.

Nick C.

Sponsored

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad I found this thread. Even though I have HID's in my main headlights, I find that the fogs might not be doing much for me right now. I will adjust the fogs first. If they improve my view at night, I'm considering replacing the bulbs with these from xenon depot. They've done well for me in other cars. Specifically those with only halogen bulbs that I swapped for these LED bulbs. Made a huge difference. They really projected far.

http://www.xenondepot.com/H11-led-fog-bulbs-p/xt-led-h11-cmb.htm

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Are the canadian ones not sealed off?

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Are the canadian ones not sealed off?
Here's a photo of my smashed Canadian spec lamp, if you're still curious. They're halogen and not a sealed unit.
2017-07-28 15.41.17.jpg
2017-07-28 15.40.52.jpg

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Here's a photo of my smashed Canadian spec lamp, if you're still curious. They're halogen and not a sealed unit.
Ouch, that's unfortunate! If you are looking for a complete LED housing upgrade that resembles the OEM unit and produces a quality output pattern:

Diode Dynamics: Luxeon LED Fog Lamps (Type A)

They perform similar to the OEM Valeo units.

Thanks!

Nick C.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I would actually have to agree. The stock fogs are actually quite amazing in the new mustangs. Hell they alone put out more light on the road than my ex's brand new taurus's headlights.
Sponsored