Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Hoping Maisto come out with their '18s soon...........I've got most of the various '15 colours they did in both 1/18 and 1/24 :eek:

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
Been seeing more and more of these pre-production builds, it's a good looking car but makes me appreciate my 17GT more. I think they complement each other in terms of looks, one does not make the other look dated (yet). We shall see how the 15-17 GT look with age.

Can't comment on the powertrain though.

Sponsored

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
No, the valves just have to close around 50km/h for the sound tests. This already is in the EU Camaro as in many other sportscars

There is no excuse why Ford went for laughable 85db for the GT, even my 2.0 TFSI Audi TT comes with 93db. Ford had just no interest in making the current EU Mustang great (See stupid lightning)
No, all exhaust valves are banned now - please update your info...for me Ford can stop selling Mustangs in EU...I would have to argue with less idiots...

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Still waiting on more details regarding the 2018 Mustang GT !! My second choice is a 2018 BMW M2, which has been receiving amazing reviews from ALL the major car magazine reviewers. They say the M2 has brought back M cars from the dead lol.

However, the Mustang is still my #1 choice, but wow after watching so many awesome videos of You Tube regarding the new M2 my decision is swaying ever so slightly.

Ford don't keep us all waiting much longer its June now so lets go !!!!
If you got $60K (OTD) get and M2 and never look back. That car will put smile on you every day and get you women every night. :D

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
If you got $60K (OTD) get and M2 and never look back. That car will put smile on you every day and get you women every night. :D
Until the the warranty runs out or until it breaks, whichever comes first. Buy yea, the M2 is a good choice for $60k. Personally I'd go for a C7 Grand Sport for that price.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
No, all exhaust valves are banned now - please update your info...for me Ford can stop selling Mustangs in EU...I would have to argue with less idiots...
The regulation says an active exhaust is not allowed to be louder than the sound in the papers, that just means they have to close the valves for the measurements. You can still buy and will be able to buy active exhausts

People said EU Camaro will not offer the active exhausts for years now, and still in the new MY2018 catalog it's still there

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Yes that was my dilemma , M2 or Mustang. The M2 feels a more 'urgent' car where the Mustang can feel a bit more relaxed. I marginally preferred the stick shift in the Mustang, albeit having driven the auto and stick M2 id definitely go for the stick. What swung it for me though was the styling, preferred engine note of the stang and that I've always wanted a Mustang but never had the chance in the UK. If i had to choose between the 18 stang and M2 now, be a difficult one for me with the styling of the 18 being a disappointment but then again the mechanical changes may make it worthwhile. But yes the M2 is a great car.
Very cool thanks !!!! Decisions decisions... :)

Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Last edited:

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
The regulation says an active exhaust is not allowed to be louder than the sound in the papers, that just means they have to close the valves for the measurements. You can still buy and will be able to buy active exhausts

People said EU Camaro will not offer the active exhausts for years now, and still in the new MY2018 catalog it's still there
No, I bought exhaust systems for my bike and car with flaps - they are not available anymore due that stupid german idea.

The Model gets homologation in EU, not production year. They got it certified before that changes. Also I'm not sure how the new Camaro is imported?
If like my US Mustang then it does not matter because it's "parallel import" - without "typennummer" or with "typennummer X".
If you have X you can "bypass" those regulations.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Until the the warranty runs out or until it breaks, whichever comes first. Buy yea, the M2 is a good choice for $60k. Personally I'd go for a C7 Grand Sport for that price.
As a previous Z06 owner, Personally, I'd go for C7 as well. That car has balls.