Sponsored

5th Gen Z/28 vs 6th Gen SS 1LE vs My GT PP opinions?

OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Not sure why you are questioning the GT350 will be produced for 4 model years....'15, '16, '17, '18....that is a fact. Yes, the '15 cars were very limited but they do exist and '18 numbers are yet to be determined.
My point was the Z/28 might be had for $40K now, but it was a $70 - $75K MSRP car new in '15....also a fact and did not have a 4 year production run. GT350's have experienced little depreciation....I wish you guy get a GT350 at $30K off original MSRP......don't see that happening anytime soon.
I am simply stating an opinion.....yours may differ....fair enough.
Are you drunk?
Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Not yet. Hey, go buy a Z/28.......fantastic car. I thought we were talking about a 280Z....my bad.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Actually, I prefer apple martinis......and Camaros but I was afraid it was too much car for me......

Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've been to Columbus, don't flatter yourself.......but your school did knock Alabama out of the NC race a couple years back.....so you've got that going for you.

OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've been to Columbus, don't flatter yourself.......but your school did knock Alabama out of the NC race a couple years back.....so you've got that going for you.
I'd never live in Columbus. I'm educated and gainfully employed, I wouldn't fit in there.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Thread is almost a year old, did you finally sack up and get another car or build the 5.0 to your liking?

OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thread is almost a year old, did you finally sack up and get another car or build the 5.0 to your liking?
No to both lol.

I have added a few additional mods, including slicks but nothing "big."

I'm keeping a close eye on the GT350 prices hoping I can find a nice deal on one right before the end of year. Z/28 is still on the table too, but 3rd place.

Kinda just sitting back and seeing where the road takes me. Season is almost over so I'm in no rush right now.

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
I never read a bad thing about that Z/28 within the context of what its intended for. When it came out I said it was a monster. And years later I still say it's a monster. Despite what the offerings currently are, I STILL say the Z/28 is the best track weapon in the Chevy stable. And still one of the best options around if you're looking to run laps and don't have 911 GT3 RS money.

If you're looking for something to play with and then dump later and recoup some of your cost, buy a 350 or 350R. Period. Hell even a GT500. They are holding their values quite well.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Eh, regular gt350s are dropping pretty decently. Certified 1 year old track packs for low 50s all day long, some non CPO into 40s and 17s in the mid to high 50s. I expect them to continue to depreciate.

Z28s have held in the 40s for about 2 years. They took a nose dive first year and have stayed pretty steady.

Z28 is a wild card. If I find a good semi local one anything could happen.

IMSAFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS/1LE
Not sure why you seem to have written off the 6th gen SS 1LE. Z/28 performance with more tech and comfort features, for GT PP money.

Here is mine at Track Night In America tuesday night and the video below is a buddies SS 1LE with Randy Pobst taking him for a few laps. Yes you heard me right RANDY POBST

[ame]

[ame]

OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I don't fit in the 6th gen camaros. Very small inside, makes me laugh at their inefficient use of space considering exterior dimensions are the same as s550, but inside is LOL small. Also 1LE will depreciate like a brick, Z/28 should hold well at current prices.
Not sure why you seem to have written off the 6th gen SS 1LE. Z/28 performance with more tech and comfort features, for GT PP money.

Here is mine at Track Night In America tuesday night and the video below is a buddies SS 1LE with Randy Pobst taking him for a few laps. Yes you heard me right RANDY POBST

See above. I actually went to go buy one right when they came out, drove to chevy dealer an hour away to buy their blue one, got in (I physically was able to shut the door, head on roof, shins on dash, door pushed me over into the center. I got out immediately and left.

IMSAFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS/1LE
See above. I actually went to go buy one right when they came out, drove to chevy dealer an hour away to buy their blue one, got in (I physically was able to shut the door, head on roof, shins on dash, door pushed me over into the center. I got out immediately and left.
Sorry about that missed page 2 of the thread. Not going to argue with you, but seems strange to me. I sat in both SS 1LE and 5th gen Z/28 and there is more head room in my SS 1LE. I hope you at least adjusted the seat before you made your decision. You must be a tall guy. I'm 6' and fit with plenty of room above my helmet at track days.

OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Sorry about that missed page 2 of the thread. Not going to argue with you, but seems strange to me. I sat in both SS 1LE and 5th gen Z/28 and there is more head room in my SS 1LE. I hope you at least adjusted the seat before you made your decision. You must be a tall guy. I'm 6' and fit with plenty of room above my helmet at track days.
Yeah, 6'6", first thing I do to any car I sit in is down and back on the seat.

Noticeable difference in size.

The S550 is on of the largest interior of any car I've been in. New gen STIs are great, MK5-7 Golfs, and even EVO X are decent with the 2015 non recaros.

Not a big deal, I love my car, still faster than I am, but I'm getting close to maxing it out. Hoping to mod it a bit more over the winter.
Sponsored