GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I've posted a lot on this thread and I've seen the conversation change a few times, so maybe if it's cool, I'd like to ask about something else since this forum has been active. I want to get either a fiberglass or a carbon fiber GT350R spoiler for my pony. It would look great, imo, with my Roush Front Fascia. Anderson Composites makes a great option. If I'm not supposed to post stuff here on this thread, I'll gladly move it if someone can point me in the right direction.

Let's say I didn't care about pricing. I have several concerns (I'll probably call the company, but while I wait for the update on Sync 3, there are other things to talk about too). The following questions come to mind:

1] Can the Carbon Fiber be painted black (to match my car)
2] Are the sizes of the carbonfiber/fiberglass the same as the OEM?
3] How would one get an OEM spoiler like that, and can they be painted? See Fig.1 (I think this was a prototype for the reveal)
4] If I could get my hands on the OEM and it is NOT already painted, can it too be painted as in Question 1?

Fig 1:
http://carbuzzard.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/GT350R-rear.jpg

Fiber Glass:
http://andersoncomposites.com/colle...t-350-r-style-mustang-fiberglass-rear-spoiler

Carbon Fiber:
http://andersoncomposites.com/colle...fiber-rear-spoiler-for-2015-2016-ford-mustang

EDIT: I posted the question several seconds later in the correct place. Feel free to delete this, or answer. Like I said, just killing time for the Android Auto Update... http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1630828#post1630828
you can delete it by clicking edit and the delete box
Sponsored

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
From another forum where the user apparently works for a dealership:

"FYI: Sync 3 v2.2 is showing up in PTS for 2016 Lincolns as an update from v1.x"

I assume PTS is a Tech/Internal program at the dealerships? Grain of salt but if they are rolling it out for Lincolns, Fords have to be close.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase

"FYI: Sync 3 v2.2 is showing up in PTS for 2016 Lincolns as an update from v1.x"

I assume PTS is a Tech/Internal program at the dealerships? Grain of salt but if they are rolling it out for Lincolns, Fords have to be close.
its not showing up on owner.ford.com either hmmm
555.PNG

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP

PTS stands for "Professional Technician Society". It's a website. Also don't hold your breath on the lincoln/ford relation thing. Lincoln's always get more attention

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Well I think the positive thing is if there's activity within Lincoln about Sync 3, it means somebody is actually working on it and they haven't all packed up for the year. And with how similar the Sync 3 system is between Ford and Lincoln, I don't see why it would be delayed much beyond the Lincoln rollout.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
PTS stands for "Professional Technician Society". It's a website. Also don't hold your breath on the lincoln/ford relation thing. Lincoln's always get more attention
its actually PTS Oasis,where you got Home, Vehicle ID, TSB, workshop, wiring, etc

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
its actually PTS Oasis,where you got Home, Vehicle ID, TSB, workshop, wiring, etc
I worked for Ford. PTS is part of Oasis. Oasis is part of FMCdealer. FMCdealer is the hub for which all service techs, service advisors, parts people etc login. I still have my login. lol.

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
I worked for Ford. PTS is part of Oasis. Oasis is part of FMCdealer. FMCdealer is the hub for which all service techs, service advisors, parts people etc login. I still have my login. lol.
So can you take a look at Oasis and see if there's any update for us please?

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
AppLink is not CarPlay or Android Auto. AppLink works now and has worked since day 1 of Sync 3.
Right, that's why I was thinking she was referencing Carplay. The original Ford tweet you're seeing was linked to another sponsored tweet for Carplay.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have a friend in Europe who can upgrade Sync 3 to V2.0 for $300 shipping exclusive (as far as he said)

So I'm gonna wait till the end of December if bloody Ford doesn't release anything I'll give it a try!
How?

Bubbadini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 3.55 6MT
I was at my Ford dealer today. Talked with my service guy. He said he heard a rumor it's going to be Jan or Feb 2017 maybe :(

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I was at my Ford dealer today. Talked with my service guy. He said he heard a rumor it's going to be Jan or Feb 2017 maybe :(

they have no idea themselves

Reactions: 113