MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'm running the dual port, works terrific, and since I never used the front port, it's no big deal - I mean, I still have two, fully functional ports, they're just both in the center armrest console :)

At some point in the future, I may run just power to the front port, just for charging.
Sponsored

MiltE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Convertible, PP, Race Red/Ceramic
Someone tried the two port on a mustang in a video a saw. If you install the two port, it will work presumably, but you will lose the front port function ability by the dash.

Don't quote me on the "it will work" :lol:

I think the dealer I ordered from (Walt Ford) said they have a rush order from the supplier to arrive on the first week of March. 800 pieces, so they will have first dibs. Hopefully by then Ford will release the official update :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Parts news -- Walt Sweeney just sent me a shipping confirmation for HU5Z-19A387-A, the single port hub.

CarPlay, here I come...:clap2:

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
thats awesome!

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
Parts news -- Walt Sweeney just sent me a shipping confirmation for HU5Z-19A387-A, the single port hub.

CarPlay, here I come...:clap2:
Me too! I ordered two, one for my mustang and focus st. :headbang:
I am close so I can pick them up locally.

Sponsored

rothsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Does factory NAV still work?

Sorry I am new here. I'm excited to try CarPlay and the new USB hub arrives on Tuesday. Can someone confirm the that new link ftp://ftp.macg467.com/ for NAV units on the first page of this forum doesn't break the factory navigation?

I noticed on another threat that someone upgraded to 2.2 with Nav and after the install when they clicked on then Nav button and it stated it was loading but never finished....

Also, when I placed the file on my USB I should only have one sync folder and an .lst file correct?

Just looking for some additional confirmation before I perform the install

Thank you for any help.

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
The navigation takes a while to load. Took me about 15-20 mins. Then takes another while to finish loading up after it shows up.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
The navigation takes a while to load. Took me about 15-20 mins. Then takes another while to finish loading up after it shows up.
it did that only after the first startup, it loads at normal speed after 2nd time

fbilly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Silver
Sorry I am new here. I'm excited to try CarPlay and the new USB hub arrives on Tuesday. Can someone confirm the that new link ftp://ftp.macg467.com/ for NAV units on the first page of this forum doesn't break the factory navigation?

I noticed on another threat that someone upgraded to 2.2 with Nav and after the install when they clicked on then Nav button and it stated it was loading but never finished....

Also, when I placed the file on my USB I should only have one sync folder and an .lst file correct?

Just looking for some additional confirmation before I perform the install

Thank you for any help.
Yes, it worked fine last weekend for me. After the install and the first time I started the vehicle, the factory navigation did not load fully. I shut the car down and restarted a few minutes later. All worked as it was supposed to. Yes, you should only have the two files you mentioned above. Nothing else. Word of advice, use a quality usb stick. Enjoy!

Sponsored

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
I did the update today via USB (I have nav) and all seems OK mostly. I put in the new dual port USB hub in the console, and still I dont have car play. I look at the version of sync and it shows it as being new, and I do have android play now as an option but no apple play. Was apple play a different zip file? Do I need the single usb hub instead? help!

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I did the update today via USB (I have nav) and all seems OK mostly. I put in the new dual port USB hub in the console, and still I dont have car play. I look at the version of sync and it shows it as being new, and I do have android play now as an option but no apple play. Was apple play a different zip file? Do I need the single usb hub instead? help!
Connect it to your iPhone via USB and you'll see it. If not make sure CarPlay is enabled on the sync settings and in general settings on your iphone

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
Connect it to your iPhone via USB and you'll see it. If not make sure CarPlay is enabled on the sync settings and in general settings on your iphone
I did all that as well. I know the connection is working because it locates all my apps and I can play pandora etc. In my phone (iphone 6, (non S), latest IOS) it has a car play section and when I tap on it, it says to press and hold the speaker button on my steering wheel. I do but nothing happens there either.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I did all that as well. I know the connection is working because it locates all my apps and I can play pandora etc. In my phone (iphone 6, (non S), latest IOS) it has a car play section and when I tap on it, it says to press and hold the speaker button on my steering wheel. I do but nothing happens there either.
CarPlay is separate setting in the sync setting but if that didn't work turn the car off and wait 15 min. If not, not sure what's wrong.
Sponsored