Sponsored

Solo performance street race exhaust videos.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
The first video is the initial cold start. The second video is a start with a few small revs to 3k. It was 9am so I wasn't about to get crazy. The video truly does it zero justice, it is LOUD.

I must say the service from solo performance was top notch. I emailed them on a holiday weekend at 10pm and had a response the next morning at 8am. I placed my order on a Sunday and it was on my door step at noon Wednesday. The packaging was stellar and the fitment was spot on. I installed this alone with the rear end up on ramps and it was a breeze. It took more effort to get the stock exhaust off. Anyone who may be on the fence about one of their exhausts should just pull the trigger, the bang for buck is going to be hard to match.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]hk6wcLc4wEw[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]pnq3rZUvqLk[/MEDIA]"]

In the video below the shift was at 2800rpm small rev was to 3k. Long tubes are going to make this thing brutal. Will get a WOT vid some time this week hopefully.

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited:

goingsolo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Sounds awesome! Thanks so much for the video and review!!

Steve

SlamPig375

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Recaro Custom Exhaust
Solo

Sounds awesome man.

I was fortunate enough to be part of the testing out of the Buffalo office. I originally had the street race x-pipe installed but after testing it overnight I opted to get the muffled x-pipe instead on account of how much highway driving I was doing. I was unaware, until now, that there were two different options for the muffled x pipe and I am unsure if one was released after the fact of mine getting installed. Since I no longer have highway driving on the agenda I am thinking about getting the street race put back on or at least upgrading to the louder level mid muffler. How have you been liking the street race, do you ever find it too much? I remember short shifting around 2k rpms when I was trying to keep her quiet, but there really was no better feeling than listening to that bad boy idling at a red light.

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
GAAAAHHH I need to get exhaust soon.

That sounds really good, any chance of some in cabin driving videos to get an idea of how loud it is in the cab?

The stang is my DD so I'd like something LOUD but trying to avoid any drone/obnoxious cab noise for highway driving as much as I can.
[MENTION=22472]SlamPig375[/MENTION] How was your experience with the muffled X?

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT

That sounds really good, any chance of some in cabin driving videos to get an idea of how loud it is in the cab?

The stang is my DD so I'd like something LOUD but trying to avoid any drone/obnoxious cab noise for highway driving as much as I can.
The next time I take the car out I'll try and have the wife record some clips. The loudness is controllable but anything over 1/4 throttle and its screaming.

Sponsored

assclown

Warchief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
The next time I take the car out I'll try and have the wife record some clips. The loudness is controllable but anything over 1/4 throttle and its screaming.
I was one of the prototype cars in Toronto for the original Race Exhaust, and I couldn't agree more :headbang:

The sound after 4k and rasp was sexy as F**K, but as my daily I made the switch to one quieter mid section piece.

Of course, I still have the x-pipe if I ever change my mind.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Sounds awesome. Love the street race. Unfortunately it's not wife approved lol. Cold starts at 4am are awesome. Dead of the night not a sound, until I wake the dead.

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Sounds awesome. Love the street race. Unfortunately it's not wife approved lol. Cold starts at 4am are awesome. Dead of the night not a sound, until I wake the dead.
I tried to sneak in the garage at 6:30am after work one night. I looked in the rear camera and saw my 2 year old standing at the door into the house smiling ear to ear. He's slightly obsessed with the car so it was a win. The wife on the other hand likes her beauty rest. :lol:

SlamPig375

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Recaro Custom Exhaust

I originally went with the muffled because i had a car accident with my other vehicle and my mustang was taking the place of my daily driver for a short time. My advice to you would be get the muffled x pipe if you are going to be in a similar situation, especially at highway speeds. The race exhaust is going to sound like you are getting on it even when driving at normal speeds. Now that I don't drive the vehicle except for strictly pleasure I think I will revert to the street race x-pipe, It's a real head turner. At wide open throttle both exhausts sound a little unnatural in my opinion and that is my only complaint.I have not messed around with the adjustable j pipes yet which will change the tone of the exhaust note so I'm unsure if this will correct the issue to my liking. Will keep you posted once the car comes out of storage for the season. Great service and product from the guys at Solo. You won't find a better exhaust for the money.

Joey_H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang, 1982 Mustang GT
Damn that sounds burly!! Whooeeee!!!!

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I tried to sneak in the garage at 6:30am after work one night. I looked in the rear camera and saw my 2 year old standing at the door into the house smiling ear to ear. He's slightly obsessed with the car so it was a win. The wife on the other hand likes her beauty rest. :lol:
I got a loud-ass 'Stang and my 7 y.o. son loves it as well.

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
New video added to first post.
Sponsored

Last edited: