Sponsored

Headliner Removal? Has anyone done it?

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
btw, is it ok to go through a touchless car wash with vinyl wrap??
yes.

also, the shop that did mine removed the antenna by lowering the headliner a bit. now i have the plastic trim piece above the 1/4 panel window not snapping back in. the part near the front seat wont secure. anyone have tips for how this piece connects.

the first time the shop did the roof they did not remove the antenna and it looked liked crap. always something man.

Dendrobatez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Ya I wrapped my roof and took the antenna off and it's real easy to open it up enough to get the bolt out, just a couple magnets hold the rear portion up. I was hesitant to pull it down at first because it didn't seem like you should put so much pressure on it, I can't remember if the antenna bolt it 8 or 10mm

HotLap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
I realize this thread is dated, but find myself in need of pulling my headliner on my 2017 GT 350. I had the roof wrapped gloss black and it looks great with the exception of the Lightning blue antenna cover. My wrap guy told me he does not recommend wrapping the antenna cover as it can cause interference. So I 've already purchased a spare Ford OEM antenna and painted it Absolute black. Just an FYI, the antenna cover is attached to the base via 5 T6 bolts. (so, you aren't going to be removing it unless you remove the antenna first.). Which necessitates removing the headliner. I'm going to try just pulling down (gently) from the rear 1st.

Update: I did remove the antenna last night by just pulling down on the rear of the headliner (two magnets as noted above). Need to pull out the upper rear plastic trim (along rear window) to gain access. Be aware there are airbags under there so might advise disconnecting the battery 1st. Was tedious getting my hands with wrench (10mm) in there but manageable. To re-attach be sure and have the antenna bolt, reinstalled to the antenna, and lower it through the hole in the roof as it's next to impossible to get it properly aligned/secured from the underside of the roof (w/o removing the headliner). Once inserted in roof then you tighten from below. I used new hardware from the new antenna I bought so if you are using the original hardware you may need to bend the original attachment bracket to fit back through the roof as it spreads out when you tighten it.

Last edited:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
No need to remove it, as previously stated, you just need to pull down on the rear of the headliner to disengage the magnets that hold it up. Easy access from there.
Sponsored