Sponsored

Solo Street Race Cat-Back Exhaust installed

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
EDIT... Here are a couple quick videos. startup and some revs.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]1JUKT7kz-mw[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]ImkUrPYtIg8[/MEDIA]"]

I will post some videos tomorrow. I ordered these i think on Wednesday and they came in Today with Normal shipping! I guess there must be a factory or somewhere close to Nebraska that Solo ships from. I bought this from Amazon for $688 I believe was the price.

It took longer longer than it should have but that was my fault. It took me about 2-3 hours with a few stops to eat and snack. I am nowhere near as mechanically inclined as some here in terms of turning wrenches. Anyhow It wound up fitting perfect and I have to say I now see why they tout the "custom form" flange that your tips connect to.. that made the fitment of the tips so quick in regards to being centered. I had no fitment issues what so ever.

The sound is orgasmic to say the least. I will post plenty of videos tomorrow morning. I also have to admit. As loud as it is outside, in the cabin it is not that bad at all. You could easily carry a conversation without raising your voice. Of course the sound does reach the cabin but it is of a nice exhaust not a hum or done that we all dislike. The sound is also very clean. It is not raspy at all. The cruise sound is a nice, clean, steady smooth throaty tone.. But when it down shifts Its like a Lion, Bear and a T-rex got into a shouting match. It is loud but "propper" IE does't sound like open headers cracking and popping sounds. It is a more visceral higher tone but still very clean and steady.

As far as how I got under the car. I drove backwards up some generic walmart ramps. I'm a skinny guy so that was more than enough clearance for me. I did not have to jack anything up. The only parts I needed was a flathead screw driver for the stock flange clips. As most know they have a clip you have to bend away from the piping.. then a 13,15, and a 17 MM socket.

For me I followed CJ pony's videos on how they took off the stock exhaust worked perfect.

The only complaint I have is it didn't come with any instructions so I had to print off some from the site. which was weird because those instructions mentioned the packaging should have came with instructions LOL.

My other only complaint was the instructions are blanket shotgun blast instructions. They mention steps that are not needed and things you don't do for the Street Race Cat-Back Exhaust and that is why I was slowed down some as well because I got stuck thinking I was missing some parts.

Anyhow this is one Very happy customer! Now for bedtime!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Great write up, welcome to the club. That start up is great at 4am =)

I agree with you for the flange for the tip installation, makes it incredibly easy compared to anything else.

OP
OP

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Heh I've been a Solo member for 4 years Just on a different car rofl :p anyhow videos coming :)

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Heh I've been a Solo member for 4 years Just on a different car rofl :p anyhow videos coming :)
Same here. Best exhaust on the G8, and sounds fantastic on the 5.0. Love mine. Thanks for sharing the vids.

Sponsored

OP
OP

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah. I prefer the note of the Solo's over borla/cora ntm same quality and better pricing :p

I've already been getting compliments and thumbs up all day driving around.

JollyWrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Can you do a video of revs and put the camera directly behind it please, hard to tell much at that angle
Sponsored