Sponsored

New Parts Suggestions - AmericanMuscle.com!

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I'd also like to see some different front lighting options:

Sponsored

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Replacement dash panels. This part might look good in a smooth glossy piano black, or perhaps painted to match the car exterior color (I've seen both of these on some Miatas).

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
I was hoping you'd just ask to borrow one from the show(s) for 'research' purposes. ;)

Yah can't wait to see some new things coming out. I definitely would love the sides over anything. Those side vents on the GT350 just look amazing and finish the side profile lines up front. They just look natural. If it's possible to take a current side front and then 'add those' then they'd work as is in terms of alignment holes, etc.

Will be interesting to see what's in store for the '16...only a few weeks left. Really interested on the "Cali Special" if that's true.

It will be very interesting to see how they implement that because the S550 is just so new and modern. Slapping pieces on it doesn't look right on this model...so I hope the fogs, etc are all 'modern' interpretations of the Cali special.
I'm hearing you loud and clear on this! In the event that I get my hands on one I'm making a run for the border! :headbang:

MUD GUARDS , MUD GUARDS, MUD GUARDS!! :)
I'll second this....
Guys - Feedback received and acknowledged! We're on it!

Alex

I second the GT350 hood/fenders/fascia and the rear seat delete kit.

I would also like to add the following:

A strut tower brace for the V6.

A functional roll bar that looks as good as the CDC light bar. I know that a real roll bar would need additional bracing to be functional, but even still, there's no reason that the structural tubes can't be encased in some kind of attractive shell.

A fold down rear seat kit for the convertible, as imagined by davekro and GiddyUp15 here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20692

I'll be waiting right here with my credit card... :D
icarumba

Thanks so much for your feedback here - I really love the idea of the following and there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that we're going to have a Tower Brace - The fold down rear seat idea it pretty cool. I'm trying to wrap my head around how it could be used in conjunction with the existing rear seat to have a OE/Factory Look and Feel, know how I mean? I'm scratching my head on why Ford didn't do this either but I have a sneaky suspicion it could be due to limited space in the trunk. We'll definitely look into this! On the roll bar or a styling bar that's tough as for it to be a legitimate roll bar it's going to need to mount in quite a few places but I'm hearing you loud and clear on it being wrapped in something that's a little more aesthetically pleasing than 1 3/4" mild steel tubing!

I'd also like to see some different front lighting options:

Stay Tuned :cheers:

Replacement dash panels. This part might look good in a smooth glossy piano black, or perhaps painted to match the car exterior color (I've seen both of these on some Miatas).

That's a good one too! I'd love to see Gloss Black or even paint to match - Something like screaming yellow would be awesome, or Guard. The only thing that concerns me with something like this would be the install - We would have them 3d modeled/cut but the installation would be labor intensive having done something like this before. It's very tedious in order to have it done right but I'll make sure this gets added!

Thanks again for all of your feedback!

Alex

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
I second the GT350 hood

A strut tower brace for the V6.

A fold down rear seat kit for the convertible, as imagined by davekro and GiddyUp15 here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20692

I'll be waiting right here with my credit card... :D
I triple second icarumba's items above for my V6 that my credit card is also itching for.

icarumba, Thanks for suggesting the convertible back seat pass thru/ 'folding up' idea to an aftermarket company! In this case, if the seat were made to fold down as they traditionally do, the seat back would pretty muck block all or most of the 9" tall opening, so it would need to fold 'UP'.
Alex, from my looking over the project with the back seat out, it seems pretty straight forward. Seat back:
1) bottom seat back mounting would need to be modified by cutting away 3-4" of plastic on each side. Make brackets to raise new seat back mounting surface.
2) make latch(es) to mount to seat back to new brackets.
3) Create a mechanism to hold the seat back up. A latch, hook, or last choice rod (like oem hood :()... but hydraulic cylinder would be BEST!
Alex, Easy Peasy! What do you think, eight weeks from prototype to production parts available? We'll throw in a week or two to sell the idea to management. Awesome, mid summer we have a trunk rear pass thru kit for the 2015 Mustang convertible from American Muscle! You guys are awesome.
I'll throw in design consultation pro bono (and even beta testing!) ;)

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Also a second on the desire for a hood with a scoop that is functionally connected to a CAI ! For the V6 first of course. The GT's and EB's have way more mods than they can handle now already! ;)

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
You know, if someone came out with better headlights for the S550 that fell in line with something like Audi has on their A3 (all LED set up) or had some signature lower 'lid' while keeping the LED fins, that would be amazing. The Mustang LED Fins are unique. I just don't think they are emphasized enough like Audi does with their headlights. You can see an Audi from miles away behind you and know it's an Audi coming up on you due to their LED lightning designs.

I think the S550 headlight signature/look is a tad timid for this car. The RS6 (2nd pic) has the best front look I think that is around.

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
That's a good one too! I'd love to see Gloss Black or even paint to match - Something like screaming yellow would be awesome, or Guard. The only thing that concerns me with something like this would be the install - We would have them 3d modeled/cut but the installation would be labor intensive having done something like this before. It's very tedious in order to have it done right but I'll make sure this gets added!
Good point. Would it be feasible to create a (very thin) clear pressure-formed overlay that can be back-painted any color? the material would have to be thick enough to avoid waviness, but thin enough so it doesn't look "stuck-on"...I don't know if that's possible!

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Good point. Would it be feasible to create a (very thin) clear pressure-formed overlay that can be back-painted any color? the material would have to be thick enough to avoid waviness, but thin enough so it doesn't look "stuck-on"...I don't know if that's possible!
I'm not an engineer by trade (More of a car nut and histroy buff) but I just said "Ay Caramba" to myself thinking about this one - Anything's possible this day in age but I'm more concerned on how the install would work out (One/Multiple pieces?) (how it would be shipped) (Paint process, type of paint, materials themselves) I'm working with our new parts team on this - We need to remember that cars we're hitting the ground only 6 Months ago. There's a slew that's in the works for these cars on our end along with others. We're working on some great stuff!

We're relying heavily on your feedback here - So no matter what it is...And I mean down to a T-shirt or a fender cover I'd love to hear about it!

Alex

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I triple second icarumba's items above for my V6 that my credit card is also itching for.

icarumba, Thanks for suggesting the convertible back seat pass thru/ 'folding up' idea to an aftermarket company! In this case, if the seat were made to fold down as they traditionally do, the seat back would pretty muck block all or most of the 9" tall opening, so it would need to fold 'UP'.
Alex, from my looking over the project with the back seat out, it seems pretty straight forward. Seat back:
1) bottom seat back mounting would need to be modified by cutting away 3-4" of plastic on each side. Make brackets to raise new seat back mounting surface.
2) make latch(es) to mount to seat back to new brackets.
3) Create a mechanism to hold the seat back up. A latch, hook, or last choice rod (like oem hood :()... but hydraulic cylinder would be BEST!
Alex, Easy Peasy! What do you think, eight weeks from prototype to production parts available? We'll throw in a week or two to sell the idea to management. Awesome, mid summer we have a trunk rear pass thru kit for the 2015 Mustang convertible from American Muscle! You guys are awesome.
I'll throw in design consultation pro bono (and even beta testing!) ;)

Also a second on the desire for a hood with a scoop that is functionally connected to a CAI ! For the V6 first of course. The GT's and EB's have way more mods than they can handle now already! ;)
davekro - You're killing me! I'll make sure this is getting to the right team here. It's a fantastic idea but these dates! Eight Weeks! Who are you working for that turns around prototypes like this so fast! :D I'll keep you in the loop as it's sounding like you're going to be my resident Vert guy here!

Alex

You know, if someone came out with better headlights for the S550 that fell in line with something like Audi has on their A3 (all LED set up) or had some signature lower 'lid' while keeping the LED fins, that would be amazing. The Mustang LED Fins are unique. I just don't think they are emphasized enough like Audi does with their headlights. You can see an Audi from miles away behind you and know it's an Audi coming up on you due to their LED lightning designs.

I think the S550 headlight signature/look is a tad timid for this car. The RS6 (2nd pic) has the best front look I think that is around.

Thanks Spartan - I'm confident that in time we should be seeing some new lighting options - I personally would love to see a few different variety's of halo designs around!

Thanks again so much here guys!

Alex

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
davekro - You're killing me! I'll make sure this is getting to the right team here. It's a fantastic idea but these dates! Eight Weeks! Who are you working for that turns around prototypes like this so fast! :D I'll keep you in the loop as it's sounding like you're going to be my resident Vert guy here!
Alex
Alex,
Just good natured expediting. ;) My first choice is having things...
yesterday. But I thought lead time was a little too tight! :lol:
Thanks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Alex,
Just good natured expediting. ;) My first choice is having things...
yesterday. But I thought lead time was a little too tight! :lol:
Thanks.
Dave - :lol: I know how you mean -

You guys know that I like to act fast here and I'm already seeing that some of the aforementioned is going to be coming AmericanMuscle in the not too distant future.

Thanks again for the recommendations! They're being acknowledged!

Alex

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I would like to see more wing options.

This I would also like to see a solid rear caliper kit.
A single piston rotor will work.
Similar to this set.

UPR oil separator

Fix your "2015 MUSTANG RESERVOIRS & TANKS" section, I see nothing but catch cans under that tab.
That being said, I would like to see a what you all offer under 2015 MUSTANG RESERVOIRS & TANKS.

Seat covers

ARH headers

Brake pads (Hawk HPS)

Black chrome Pony logo up front

Less kooks products

OE style grille, with Pony emblem delete

Gorilla "the system" lug nuts (chrome / black)

One thing I would personally LOVE to see, would be American Muscle partner up with (PM SENT)

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Dear Santa...here are some more!

Padded upper door panels like the ones offered with the Premier trim.

Heated mirror/turn signal/puddle lamp upgrade for the base models.

Auto-up window switches for convertibles.

One-touch switch for convertible top operation.

And the most important one yet -
A drive shaft for the V6/AT that will eliminate the vibration between 50 & 70 mph. Evidently, Ford has no idea how to solve this issue (presumably, all of their engineers are engrossed in the tonneau cap conundrum)! If you guys can figure this out, you will be heroes!

Oh, that reminds me...tonneau caps...

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
To AM firstly, thank you for soliciting ideas from us. This is much appreciated. :)

I'd like to suggest a few of which I think have already been brought up but here they go.

1. Pony, GT and 5.0 overlays in different colors (including the gray that matches the pockets of the 20 inch wheels) They would have to be thin and attach with thin double-sided tape.

2. Hood vents of different styles and colors. Including again the same gray that matches the pockets of the 20 inch wheels and of course the stock color choices.

3. A grille in the stock GT style hex pattern that has OPEN hexes to let in more air. Not sure if I want to cut/dremel out all the hexes, I'd rather replace the whole grille, upper and lower.

Thanks for listening. :D
Sponsored