Sponsored

New Parts Suggestions - AmericanMuscle.com!

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking of an inexpensive mod for my 15 GT,
Axleback American thunder and K&N air filter.
Will I notice any performance difference or only sound?
Sponsored

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Maybe also available for non-premium cars too; would love a rear diffuser for my Perfromance Pack car....also a carbon fiber replacement front spoiler
Thanks Benni! Realistically speaking I would personally like to see parts like this for every model just so we have our bases covered!

Alex

I'm thinking of an inexpensive mod for my 15 GT,
Axleback American thunder and K&N air filter.
Will I notice any performance difference or only sound?
Hey ChitownStang -

That's a really good question and there's a slew of AxleBack Exhaust Systems for the S550 and Flowmaster goes hand in hand on a Mustang like hitting Al's Roast Beef and then going straight to Wiener Circle :lol: (I'm a little hungry at the moment and I miss ChiFood!)

Being said both Flowmaster and K&N makes exceptional parts but they're only going to improve the sound from the rear and potentially a minimal increase under the hood. Their filters do flow somewhat better than the OEM setup but if you're looking for more performance I would take a look into a Catback System as well as a Cold Air Intake.

Let me know if you're to have any other questions at all and I'm here to help!

Alex

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Hey Spartan -

Thanks so much for this! Theses are great recommendations! In regards to the GT350 parts that's not crazy at all and in time I'm confident that Ford Racing will could likely have a kit like their GT500 Conversion Kits.

Thanks so much for all of this, I appreciate it!

Alex
NP Alex. Yah after seeing that GT350, it was like Ford finished the 'missing piece' to the S550. That GT350 hood just looks better on the S550 from the side and the better view from inside is the icing on the cake. The additional things like the side vents and the hex grill in the fog area just complete the design.

Hopefully we can get some stuff like that!

OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
NP Alex. Yah after seeing that GT350, it was like Ford finished the 'missing piece' to the S550. That GT350 hood just looks better on the S550 from the side and the better view from inside is the icing on the cake. The additional things like the side vents and the hex grill in the fog area just complete the design.

Hopefully we can get some stuff like that!
Spartan - Agreed! I'd love to get my hands on one and something's telling me that we'll likely have one added to our fleet in time, I'm just unsure if Ford is going to make the appearance parts available to the public! We'll just have to wait and see!

Alex

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Spartan - Agreed! I'd love to get my hands on one and something's telling me that we'll likely have one added to our fleet in time, I'm just unsure if Ford is going to make the appearance parts available to the public! We'll just have to wait and see!

Alex
Well if you get a GT350, just take those parts off and have them 3D scanned. :)

Then you can make your own modifications to fit with the underlying base S550 framing/holes IF needed. I know the GT350 has a wider front axle but otherwise things look very similar.

Sponsored

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
18" wheel options for the Ecoboost PP / GT non-PP cars. Brake fitment and the offset are the big things here, I guess.

Listed with weight would be great since that is what most of us going to smaller wheels are looking for.

Thanks!

brightredlt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Performance Pack
Back seat delete kit. Those seats are pretty useless. Might as well create a storage shelf.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
How bout some drag wheels... Racestars or Welds that would be nice =)

Sponsored
OP
OP
AMAlexLazarus

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Well if you get a GT350, just take those parts off and have them 3D scanned. :)

Then you can make your own modifications to fit with the underlying base S550 framing/holes IF needed. I know the GT350 has a wider front axle but otherwise things look very similar.
Spartan

Well when you put it like that I think that should be really easy! ;) Let us get one of the cars first and then we'll from there but there's no doubt in my mind that there's going to be a variety of places out there making parts like this!

Alex, I see a few Roush parts…will the heat extractors be available?
Chameleon - Confirmed and they're on order! Should be dropping here soon! Stay Tuned!

Alex

18" wheel options for the Ecoboost PP / GT non-PP cars. Brake fitment and the offset are the big things here, I guess.

Listed with weight would be great since that is what most of us going to smaller wheels are looking for.

Thanks!
WatchSquid -

From one apex hunter to another I know exactly what you're after and I'll make sure that this brought up. In the interim we do list wheel weights under wheel specs on our product page - If there's something specific that you're seeing that isn't listed please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll get you their weights!

Alex

Louvered glass windows like the LE S550 would be awesome and I second the splash guards. They are needed badly. If done right it will be an instant purchase for me.
racer24crm

Thanks for posting this up - That's a great recommendation and I'll make sure to get this added on my list here although I think there might be something in the works already!

Back seat delete kit. Those seats are pretty useless. Might as well create a storage shelf.
Hey brightredlt1 - I'm reading you loud and clear on this! I'm a huge fan on the rear seat deletes anyhow! I never really had anyone in my backseats and I enjoyed the added volume.

How bout some drag wheels... Racestars or Welds that would be nice =)
Rio - We're definitely working on it!

Thanks a lot for the recommendations guys, I appreciate it! Keep em' comin!

Alex

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Spartan

Well when you put it like that I think that should be really easy! ;) Let us get one of the cars first and then we'll from there but there's no doubt in my mind that there's going to be a variety of places out there making parts like this! Alex
I was hoping you'd just ask to borrow one from the show(s) for 'research' purposes. ;)

Yah can't wait to see some new things coming out. I definitely would love the sides over anything. Those side vents on the GT350 just look amazing and finish the side profile lines up front. They just look natural. If it's possible to take a current side front and then 'add those' then they'd work as is in terms of alignment holes, etc.

Will be interesting to see what's in store for the '16...only a few weeks left. Really interested on the "Cali Special" if that's true.

It will be very interesting to see how they implement that because the S550 is just so new and modern. Slapping pieces on it doesn't look right on this model...so I hope the fogs, etc are all 'modern' interpretations of the Cali special.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
MUD GUARDS , MUD GUARDS, MUD GUARDS!! :)

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I second the GT350 hood/fenders/fascia and the rear seat delete kit.

I would also like to add the following:

A strut tower brace for the V6.

A functional roll bar that looks as good as the CDC light bar. I know that a real roll bar would need additional bracing to be functional, but even still, there's no reason that the structural tubes can't be encased in some kind of attractive shell.

A fold down rear seat kit for the convertible, as imagined by davekro and GiddyUp15 here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20692

I'll be waiting right here with my credit card... :D
Sponsored