Sponsored

Red (or any color you want...) stitching

15GTConv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape Titanium, 2015 GT Convertible
Looks great. Might like to try it on my Race Red GT Conv/50th Anniv pkg. (when it arrives) but am wondering about a few things: 1) will dye rub off on clothing? 2) how fade resistant is it? 3) what happens if/when I use leather cleaner/protection products? Any caveats or warnings on the product package? Thanks for sharing!

Rubedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Magnetic 5.0 Redline Recaro
i have Recaros as well
Do you have the premium 68B upgrade? I have Redline Recaros with black door panels. I was surprised when I didn't get the red inserts. I have a 401a car with 68B in addition to the Redline Recaro option. I wonder if that's the difference...

Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the premium 68B upgrade? I have Redline Recaros with black door panels. I was surprised when I didn't get the red inserts. I have a 401a car with 68B in addition to the Redline Recaro option. I wonder if that's the difference...
yes i also have Premier accent trim. this is so weird, well i actually kinda like the red panel better, just strange some are different

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
is that factory Redline interior on your pic? i have Redline as well and my door is solid Red
Yep, it is.
i have Recaros as well
:thumbsup:
Ford Service confirmed yesterday that an redline recaro interior should have the black door inserts with red stitching like mine.

Those that have the red inserts, that was a factory mistake. She said you can take your car to your dealership and get the right inserts put in.

I will link her response here in just a minute.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=410225&postcount=189

The red inserts should only come with the non recaro redline interior.

Sponsored

Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, it is.

Ford Service confirmed yesterday that an redline recaro interior should have the black door inserts with red stitching like mine.

Those that have the red inserts, that was a factory mistake. She said you can take your car to your dealership and get the right inserts put in.

ah i see now, well i kinda like mine the way they are
image2.jpg

OP
OP

CMC#5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT
Once the dye dries it doesnt rub off. Leather cleaners dont have an impact once the dye has set.Gotta give it 24hrs. This is a trick thats been used for years now, and has proven to be good at fade resistance. Besides, you can re-do it if you feel like it.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
I decided to make all of the white stitching red on my premier ebony and race red car. I followed a tried and true method of using a dye marker. The marker cost me three bucks, and it took about three hours (lots of stitching!). Its a it tedious and brainless work but with some nice tunes it goes quick. My friend who has an orange 2015 GT came by just as I was finishing the door and the first words out of his moulth were "Awesome! Do they make those markers in orange?".
Major props, never would have thought about this. Thanks for sharing, I have a feeling a lot of people will get some use out of this!

Sponsored

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
Nice, I knew there was a reason I didn't want to wait for redline, I can just do it myself. :-)

Faris14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT Premium
I was checking out YouTube and found some other method might work If you have cloth seats but it's gonna be lots of work!

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]r9HLels2aEU[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]930848dLX3w[/MEDIA]"]

rjuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Yep, it is.

From what I have seen is that the redline recaros on the performance pack cars have the red stitching in the door and the non performance pack cars have the red insert in the door. Has anyone noticed any thing different than that?

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
From what I have seen is that the redline recaros on the performance pack cars have the red stitching in the door and the non performance pack cars have the red insert in the door. Has anyone noticed any thing different than that?
Zay's car is a performance package car and his has the red insert as you can see in post #21. The only factor is whether you have Recaros or not.

rjuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Well looks like the factory did indeed goof..
Sponsored