Sponsored

Video: Installing Dual-Color Front Turn & Sidemarker LEDs! BIG front-end upgrade!

ThatsMrGimp2U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Everette
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang (Oxford White, PP)
Thumbs up, ordered the whole lot. Now I just need my car.
Did the very same thing, in the same position. Glad I'm not alone. Lol

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
Diode Dynamics,

I am not trying to be a dick or cause you to lose business, especially since I have already ordered the interior light pack from you. But I was looking around on the internet and this companies LEDs seem extremely comparable to yours. I was curious as to why I should spend the extra $20+ on you guys instead of this place.

This price is $51.70 Including 2 resistor kits and $2.99 shipping...

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Diode Dynamics,

I am not trying to be a dick or cause you to lose business, especially since I have already ordered the interior light pack from you. But I was looking around on the internet and this companies LEDs seem extremely comparable to yours. I was curious as to why I should spend the extra $20+ on you guys instead of this place.

Yes, that is superbrightleds. They are right up the street from us (literally 2 blocks away). I suppose they are similar to us, but they do not test any products on vehicles at all.

Regarding the products though, those are completely different bulbs, with much lower brightness and reliability. They are not comparable at all. Did you watch the video?

You are going to be very disappointed with those dual-color bulbs, specifically. They are not very bright at all, they will not fill out the housing. Same with the 194s there. They are polar, they are not regulated, and they are held together by their solder joints, so they are going to fail over time. If you're going for the look in our video, nice bright lights, those are not going to do it for you.

Now if you still want that older setup, we can at least save you some money compared to Superbright. We do have all of those bulbs on clearance- 194 bulbs for $6/pair, the dual-color bulbs you linked for $30/pair, and the resistors (not on clearance) for $10/pair. But we figured you guys would want the brightest, newest bulbs, so that's what we are offering.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Diode Dynamics,

Speaking from experience (several hundred dollars worth of leds over the last year) LEDs can be hit or miss when buying cheap ones. From build quality to brightness you really don't know what you are going to get on the cheap end. Sometimes you will get a perfectly good ones for a fraction of DD's price, but when/if it does go bad, good luck. All it takes is a call/email to DD and they will get you a replacement to you.

I worked with one vendor last year to get some switchbacks working right - 4 sets later I finally gave up and picked up DD's "stage 3" switch back and a few other items and never had an issue. A side note to that, I ordered as part of a special that included a free shirt when ordering over x dollars. When I returned one item just because I didn't like it, they covered return shipping and had no issues with the shirt. A lot of places would a) not cover shipping and b) charge for the shirt.

All of this said - I ordered all of my Mustang LEDs so far from a different company (even more expensive), so I have nothing at stake here but wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, that is superbrightleds. They are right up the street from us (literally 2 blocks away). I suppose they are similar to us, but they do not test any products on vehicles at all.

Regarding the products though, those are completely different bulbs, with much lower brightness and reliability. They are not comparable at all. Did you watch the video?

You are going to be very disappointed with those dual-color bulbs, specifically. They are not very bright at all, they will not fill out the housing. Same with the 194s there. They are polar, they are not regulated, and they are held together by their solder joints, so they are going to fail over time. If you're going for the look in our video, nice bright lights, those are not going to do it for you.

Now if you still want that older setup, we can at least save you some money compared to Superbright. We do have all of those bulbs on clearance- 194 bulbs for $6/pair, the dual-color bulbs you linked for $30/pair, and the resistors (not on clearance) for $10/pair. But we figured you guys would want the brightest, newest bulbs, so that's what we are offering.
Thanks for reply, I am looking for the best look possible and really wanted to know the difference. I was looking around and trying to get a good comparison between performance and cost compared to what you guys were offering. As an intelligent consumer, I didn't want to just go in blind and buy something just because everyone else was, I like to research what I purchase and make an informed decision.

Can you tell me how many lumen's your lights put out compared to the ones I posted? They do offer a 2 year warranty instead of a 3 year warranty like you guys.

Also, when will your resistor kit be available?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
The white on our bulb produces nearly 300 lumens, though we have not made that official yet as we still need to run a couple more samples for verification, as LED efficacy can vary chip by chip. Their bulb (according to their specification) produces 192 lumens. They do provide accurate figures, but that is probably a total output of white and amber. The 60-SMD design is very common, and normally outputs around 60-80 lumens on white. You just can't run the LEDs very hot without some sort of heatsinking.

If you want to splice in resistors, we do have those same resistors available for $10/pair right now, but we are manufacturing plug-and-play ones for the Mustang. Again, we are not listing the splice-in resistors because we thought you guys would want the latest and greatest products. We expect to have them in early January. Thanks!

EDIT: Just snapped a picture for you, showing the difference in brightness between our new HP24 and an old standard 60-SMD tower. It's pretty tough to take pictures of light, but you get the idea here. Of course, this is brightness only. The HP24 also is non-polar, driven at a regulated constant current for reliability in automotive applications, and housed in cast aluminum for much higher durability.

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big difference there and I definitely want to wait for the plug in resistor.

NewSchool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks Nick, just ordered with you Black Friday 20% off. :thumbsup:

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just an FYI, I ended up going with Diode Dynamics! Just placed the order a few hours ago, New Order # 11205254. Too bad there wasn't anything for free shipping :( Is there anyway I can be notified when the resistors come in?

Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
These look awesome.

EDIT: And, ordered... Thanks for the vids Nick.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Is this legal in PA?
You would need to check your local laws regarding whether or not you can remove the amber sidemarker bulb. The actual white and amber dual-color bulb is completely legal, but some municipalities do require an amber light in the corner. If that is the case in your area, you could simply get the switchback turn signals, leaving the sidemarkers amber. :thumbsup:

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nick,
I am kinda puzzled by this and its the second time this has happened. Both times I have ordered from you guys, my order hasn't shipped until I emailed someone asking why my order hasn't shipped. I just placed the order for these turn signals on the 25th, the site says same day shipping if ordered by noon, but the bulbs still haven't shipped. I understand its a holiday this week but the holiday is on Thursday and I ordered on Tuesday...

I also PMed you about free shipping and I never got a reply. A HUGE reason I ordered from you guys is because it seemed like you had great customer service but so far for the two times I have ordered, I don't think I am getting great customer service... I am not very upset about this but a little concerned about any future purchases. Maybe you guys are closed for the entire week, if you are, you could've posted somewhere that there would be no reply's and no orders would ship till next week. I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Nick,
I am kinda puzzled by this and its the second time this has happened. Both times I have ordered from you guys, my order hasn't shipped until I emailed someone asking why my order hasn't shipped. I just placed the order for these turn signals on the 25th, the site says same day shipping if ordered by noon, but the bulbs still haven't shipped. I understand its a holiday this week but the holiday is on Thursday and I ordered on Tuesday...

I also PMed you about free shipping and I never got a reply. A HUGE reason I ordered from you guys is because it seemed like you had great customer service but so far for the two times I have ordered, I don't think I am getting great customer service... I am not very upset about this but a little concerned about any future purchases. Maybe you guys are closed for the entire week, if you are, you could've posted somewhere that there would be no reply's and no orders would ship till next week. I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!
I apologize for the confusion, but orders placed before 2PM CST will ship same day. Also, we were closed from Wednesday-Thursday to spend time with our families, and this is the highest volume shipping for postal carriers this year.

We work hard to respond to PM's within 24 hours, but as I mentioned, we were closed Wednesday-Thursday

If you call us we can remove the shipping costs from your order: (314) 205-3033

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help, customer satisfaction is our biggest priority!

Nick C.