Sponsored

Video: How to Install Reverse/Backup LED Bulb! Great Upgrade For 2015+ Mustangs!

Sponsored

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
HP3 Map lights and XP80 Back-up lights ordered!

Update: Arrived, XP80 installed and looks really bright in daylight; I'll have to check it out tonight

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
HP3 Map lights and XP80 Back-up lights ordered!

Update: Arrived, XP80 installed and looks really bright in daylight; I'll have to check it out tonight
Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Nick C.

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
It's perfect, SO much brighter and whiter; HP3 map lights great, too. On order are an HP5 for the trunk (finally got the housing loose and with no tab breakage) and two HP3s for the glovebox, one bright white, the other red to try (I use red ambient and gauge lighting), and the vanity light set.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Got HP3 for map and glove box, HP5 for trunk, and HP11 for reverse light, should be here today or tomorrow hopefully! Can't wait to get them in!

Sponsored

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Got my HP5 installed in trunk, glove, and map. Also did the vanity, although did nick up the plastic a bit. Looking back, a very fine tip metal pick type tool would have worked better for those. They look great. Did the XP80 for reverse. It is very bright, exactly what I wanted.

Just a tip on the trunk if you have the diode dynamics tool, or just a VERY thin screwdriver, go in from the drivers side and push against the very small tab. This worked so easily and no breakage.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Got my HP5 installed in trunk, glove, and map. Also did the vanity, although did nick up the plastic a bit. Looking back, a very fine tip metal pick type tool would have worked better for those. They look great. Did the XP80 for reverse. It is very bright, exactly what I wanted.

Just a tip on the trunk if you have the diode dynamics tool, or just a VERY thin screwdriver, go in from the drivers side and push against the very small tab. This worked so easily and no breakage.
Glad to hear you got everything installed!

Did you snap any photos? :D

Nick C.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
Mine are getting delivered today. Will install tonight and post up some pics!

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
Got mine yesterday and installed last night, HP3 map and glove box, HP5 trunk and HP11 reverse. They all look great! I only took a picture of the trunk because after that I moved to the glove box and fucked up the socket [emoji35] when I pushed the bulb in, one of the prongs got bent back somehow. I spent forever trying to straighten it out with no luck. So I decided to remove the socket and straighten it. When I pulled it off the the socket split in half and pieces went flying! So then I had to find said pieces and try and figure out how they went inside. Then straighten the prong, a piece broke off from being bent. Finally somehow I got it back together and it works! How, I have no clue. I made a 2 minute task last 2 hours. I think I'm going to buy a new socket just because they're only $8. But needless to say I wasn't trying to take anymore photos after that ordeal lol.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Sorry to hear that! Hopefully you had a chance to watch the installation video prior to attempting it!

The glove box location can be a bit tricky, but it's still a plug & play replacement

We appreciate your support!

Nick C.
Sponsored