Sponsored

Video: How to Install S550 Mustang Interior LEDs! 2015+ Interior LED Conversion Kit!

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
$29 T10 bulbs.

Sorry! You guys are paying 24 USD plus 5 USD for 4x T10 bulbs?

WOW!:shocked: I should start selling them too! Guys, please. That is a 15 Cent part. Well. I guess people have still to much money. :headbonk:

You can get them in RED/GREEN/BLUE/AMBER/WHITE on eBay 10 PCS for 1.18 USD including free shipping. And they are good for 50,000 hours.

Maybe I should start selling here too. :tsk:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Best-Selling...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58b8817527

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-10x-Car-T1...72?pt=US_Light_Bulbs&var=&hash=item2a3b5b48bc
Sponsored

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
I am sure they are the exact same quality.... not.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
They are selling them for 20 bucks!
I don't think anyone is going to go in the poor house
by spending THAT much money

They put a kit together
Im sure they tested and experienced good vs bad bulbs
Giving a warranty they will stand behind..........

what more do you want for 20 bucks?

If you have nothing positive to say, let it go!

Its business! They put out a product, people can buy it.
If you could do better, then by all means do it, And don't support them, but they are a site sponsor so no need to trash.

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
They are selling them for 20 bucks!
I don't think anyone is going to go in the poor house
by spending THAT much money

They put a kit together
Im sure they tested and experienced good vs bad bulbs
Giving a warranty they will stand behind..........

what more do you want for 20 bucks?

If you have nothing positive to say, let it go!

Its business! They put out a product, people can buy it.
If you could do better, then by all means do it, And don't support them, but they are a site sponsor so no need to trash.
Thank you!

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium

WOW!:shocked: I should start selling them too! Guys, please. That is a 15 Cent part. Well. I guess people have still to much money. :headbonk:

You can get them in RED/GREEN/BLUE/AMBER/WHITE on eBay 10 PCS for 1.18 USD including free shipping. And they are good for 50,000 hours.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Best-Selling...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58b8817527

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-10x-Car-T1...72?pt=US_Light_Bulbs&var=&hash=item2a3b5b48bc
you just spent $40K and you're going to fuss over spending $20 from a reputable company. Your priorities are bass ackwards

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I will be buying this kit eventually. Glad to support DD as they are close to me across the river in St.Louis.

Question for DD. How easy/hard is it to swap the bulbs out of the vanity lights? I will want to do those as well.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Will you have a 2015 mustang exterior led kit available at any time? I don't have my car but I think I read that it needs led turn signals and license plate lights? Thanks!
Yes, we will be offering a full line of products, check back over the next few days!
Very nice lighting. I like it!
I do have a suggestion...come up with a trick, very bright set up for the engine compartment. That is a set up that I'd be interested in and I suspect many others.
We have a great engine bay lighting kit that comes with a hood pin switch to turn on every time you open the hood. Ideally, we will do a Mustang-specific install video, but honestly it is incredibly simple!
Cool offering thas for contributing. How do you differentiate your bulbs from superbrightleds.com ?
They're right down the street from us (literally, like 2 blocks away). Really nice guys! We focus on products for the automotive market while their products are generally geared towards home lighting. They carry a very large inventory, but we usually have the newer technologies as we don't carry tons of home lighting, etc. We also develop our own products specifically for automotive use, and we do manufacturing here. They are strictly a reseller. But the biggest difference is that we're car guys. :thumbsup:
does it come as a pair or separate..?
The map is a pair. Glove and trunk is individual. If it says (pair) in the title, it's a pair!

:headbonk:

I can understand some complaints we get about our products, but frankly, your comments just sound a little silly to anyone familiar with LEDs or electronics manufacturing! I'd highly encourage you to learn a little bit about lighting. The bulbs you linked to are literally the cheapest thing available. You could maybe use them for your gauges in old vehicles, but in your map lights, you won't even be able to tell that they're on, as they will output around 4 lumens, vs the factory 35 lumens. Yes, those are 15 cents, because they are a bit of plastic, an LED from the 90s, and a single resistor. I really don't think anyone wants those bulbs. If you start selling those, you're gonna have a bad time.

Now, this is probably going to turn into a book, but let me try to explain what we're doing here: Our HP3 bulbs are well-made, and honestly, they are very fairly priced. They have regulator circuits inside of them, not just a simple resistor, so they'll last forever, not just a few months. That regulator IC alone costs more than one of those bulbs you linked. Nevermind the bridge rectifier to make them non-polar, just to make it easier to install. The biggest cost in an LED bulb is always the LEDs- this particular bulb has Samsung high-power SMD LEDs which are very finely binned, which is the only way to ensure perfect color uniformity in low-quantity chip applications, but drastically raises the cost compared to using random cheap LEDs, which always look very blue-colored. And of course, this is a specific mold for the base we invested in. Heck, it costs us a bit more to get the wire terminals on the base thicker, but it's required for a quality bulb.

And of course, we spent literally months and thousands of dollars testing, developing, measuring, and fine tuning the components, we ship same-day from the US, there's people here to answer the phone or reply to your email if you have a question, you get a 3 year warranty, you can exchange within 90 days for no charge, yada yada yada... that stuff is not free.

I am all in favor of saving a buck or two anywhere I can, but after being involved in electronics manufacturing for a while now, you learn that there is a reason quality electronics are expensive, and cheap stuff is cheap. It comes down to the bill of materials- you start taking stuff out, and of course it gets cheaper, but the quality goes down too. Doesn't matter if it's an iPhone or an LED bulb. You are paying for the electrical components, the cost of developing the product, and the quality service that you would expect to come with a quality product.

It is our goal to provide quality products at a fair price. We are not simply importing random stuff and reselling it- we have engineers, a development lab and studio, and we invest in our products, and our people as well. Currently, it is still cost-prohibitive to manufacture these very small bulbs here in the US. There's one company that does that, and they charge $24 EACH! However, we are now manufacturing a number of products in the US as it becomes economical to do so. We will continue providing quality products to our customers, and great service. You can always find cheap alternatives if you prefer, so it may not be for everyone. We appreciate the enthusiasts out there who prefer quality lighting, and support what we are doing here at Diode.

Paul
Owner, General Manager
Diode Dynamics

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I will be buying this kit eventually. Glad to support DD as they are close to me across the river in St.Louis.

Question for DD. How easy/hard is it to swap the bulbs out of the vanity lights? I will want to do those as well.
Awesome, love when our local customers swing by! FYI we are probably going to offer some weekend hours after this winter too.

We will be posting another video soon showing glove and vanity install. We've done it already, and the vanity isn't hard, you just have to take your time to avoid nicking finish around the diffusing lens. No slot to remove the cover, dang it Ford! But it's just a simple bulb swap too.

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
The hood kit interests me. Got it on the site, if so I'd like to add it to my order.

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
This will be mod #1 for me. I did the map lights and trunk on my '13, and the cool white is sensational. Highly recommended.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
The hood kit interests me. Got it on the site, if so I'd like to add it to my order.
Yep, standard kit would do the job. Large kit is really for trucks and such.
http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/led-bulbs-1/led-strip-accent-kits/engine-bay-led-kits.html

This will be mod #1 for me. I did the map lights and trunk on my '13, and the cool white is sensational. Highly recommended.
I agree, I don't know why Ford spent so much on LED tails and fogs, then left the interior standard bulbs! Really just needs a quick upgrade. Luckily it's quite simple.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Awesome, love when our local customers swing by! FYI we are probably going to offer some weekend hours after this winter too.

We will be posting another video soon showing glove and vanity install. We've done it already, and the vanity isn't hard, you just have to take your time to avoid nicking finish around the diffusing lens. No slot to remove the cover, dang it Ford! But it's just a simple bulb swap too.
Thanks for responding. Looking forward to those videos as they always help me out when I do it myself. I'm not really that close to you but I am close enough to drop by if I'm in the area sometime. I like supporting local businesses especially if they are automotive related. I will be ordering this kit from you soon after mine shows up hopefully within the next 2 to 3 weeks. Thanks. :)

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Video: How to Install S550 Mustang Interior LEDs! 2015 Interior LED Conversio...

First off, this company made a video to show us how to do it without breaking anything. Second, they offering free shipping to site members. And thirdly, the ones you posted do not come with diffusers and will be VERY directional. This companies have built in diffusers to prevent that. Lastly, they throw in a neat little tool.

I'll gladly pay a little more to a company that does more to help me. Including quick service and answers before the sale. Sometimes, saving a couple bucks is not worth it.

Heck, one you posted doesn't even have white. Green and Amber are the only options!

NewSchool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks, great product! Now I just need to decide what color!

TWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I'm sold! Just don't know whether to go cool white or warm white. I don't really care of the starkness of cool white. Can you guys give me a comparison of the warm white to the stock incandescents?
Sponsored