Sponsored

Camaro giant leaps, Mustang just enough (SS vs. GT)

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
I cross shopped Mustang GT Premium, Camaro 2SS, Mercedes GLA45 AMG and Jaguar F-Type V6 (used).

Most fun drivers were the Camaro, Mustang, Jag and Mercedes in that order.

The Mustang had better viibility and usable back seats so that was my choice. The Jag was too slow and the turbo lag and no stick shift ruled the Mercedes out.

And I didn't give a sh!t about impressing anyone so no extra points for the Jag or Merc.

IMO American muscle is as good or better than Euro or Asian makes
I found the EB Mustang quite fun to drive when I test drove one a while back. I'd love to pick one up as a DD. And I'm sure it's even more fun with the new 10 speed. The GT was also great, however I've always preferred the lower end torque from OHV V8s. But that's just me.

The Camaro's back seats are definitely way too small. However, it's funny trying to cram a friend back there and seeing the mass confusion it creates. I'd honestly prefer they just give us a seat delete option on both platforms.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd honestly prefer they just give us a seat delete option on both platforms.
I agree a rear seat delete would be nice. It's easier to add a roll bar for track use with the seat delete.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
This.

If not for the F150, the current 5.0 would not exist. Mustang is a niche product compared to the F150 cash cow.
The coyote was designed specifically for the mustang, then adapted a torque based derivetive of the 5.0 for the f150! It started out in design for the mustang from the get go.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The coyote was designed specifically for the mustang, then adapted a torque based derivetive of the 5.0 for the f150! It started out in design for the mustang from the get go.
F150 sales allow the coyote to exist. There aren't enough mustang sales to recoup engineering and tooling costs for the coyote by itself.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
F150 sales allow the coyote to exist. There aren't enough mustang sales to recoup engineering and tooling costs for the coyote by itself.
This.

The F150 is the cash cow, and is how the Coyote came to be.

Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
While this does sound reasonable, do you have a reference from FOMOCO to back this claim? Not saying you're wrong...

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
This.

Once again, this sounds reasonable... but where's the proof?

Not saying you're wrong... Just that proof would help with a claim like this.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
This.

Not quite.

The Coyote was designed first as a motor for the Mustang, the F-150 was second.

The Coyote project began in the spring of 2007 when Ford’s director of large gas and diesel engines, Bob Fascetti, selected Mike Harrison to build a new engine for the Mustang. Harrison initially reported that his team could design and build an engine to make 370-380 hp, and Fascetti told them 400 was the number.
http://www.mustangandfords.com/feat...ow-about-the-coyote-powerplant-return-of-5-0/

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
Get rid of your mullet, & people will respect you.

You can make fun all you want, I'm not ashamed of the bmws I have owned, they all came without a mullet and could handle their own on the track. But when you have to compromise aesthetics & style is when you publically get laughed at. People who drive a Camaro are still reminded they are driving a Camaro by the sh!t poor interiors of their cars, while at the same time people are laughing at you from the outside at what they see.

That is why the Camaro is cheaper....
Honestly, I don't know what you're talking about. The interior of my SS 1LE is great. The last gen interior was complete shit, but the new one is perfectly fine.

It isn't luxury car quality, but that is to be expected for the price. The Mustang interior certainly isn't any nicer.

I don't care much about whether people laugh at a camaro. It's performance is my main concern. Its clear that you do care about perception because you mention it in every post.

While a 135is may perform pretty well on track for a car of its gen, rest well knowing that the same people laughing at a camaro are laughing at a 1 series thinking that one, it's ugly, and two, it's all the BMW you could afford. They are great cars, but boy do they scream chick car. I'd rather be mistaken for white trash than some yuppie chick whose daddy bought them a one series for their sweet 16.

Sponsored

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
I don't understand this fighting. Mustang and Camaro are both great cars. I just wish the Camaro was more user friendly.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I have followed the coyote since they announced it, researched all the documents of the design and was very impressed and had to have one, the coyote was an engineering feat! And the coyote im sure will end up being an engine that can attain high miles im talking 300-400k stock. I have a lot more faith in the design of the coyote than any ecoboost 6 or 4. Not knocking them, just from my knowledge of the new 5.0

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
I don't understand this fighting. Mustang and Camaro are both great cars. I just wish the Camaro was more user friendly.
You'll always have someone upset that everyone doesn't agree with them.

Both cars are great in their own ways. The rivalry of Mustang vs Camaro is what makes the cars even better imo.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Yes 2 doors. Even if I included the charger @ 425 it still does fit the OPs narrative. The American performance scene. Has always been competive. Out right performance doesn’t sell cars or the LS1s and 6th gen Camaros would be on top of the sales heap. Instead you have one that killed the Camaro. And another that’s about to kill it again.
Instead you have one that killed the Camaro. And another that’s about to kill it again.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Damn Strait :thumbsup:

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
... The interior of my SS 1LE is great ...
It's not the interior that's the problem, it's seeing out of the interior that's the issue. ;)

... I just wish the Camaro was more user friendly.
Yup.

Not knocking the Camaro (one of my best car buddies drives a '10 SS), but I drove a 5th Gen and the low seating position/roof line and limited outward visibility leaves a lot to be desired.
Sponsored