Sponsored

How to post pics?

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
I have been all over this and other forums with no luck trying to find a thread on how to post a picture in threads/replies?

I found a way to link to album photos on my profile but even that upload tool leaves a lot to be desired. Yet I see tons of ppl seemingly posting pics with ease...what is the secret sauce I am missing?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
You can
A)
In google photos.
#1 move a photo to a shared album
#2 view the photo. them right click "copy image address"
#3 Post here
#4 Try in internet explorer (or any browser you are not logged into) to confirm it works

All the above assumes you use chrome and google photos.

Option B is to
select the photos you want to share
Right click then click on "send to" then to "mail recipient"
This ask you to resize the photos and then attach them to a email
you can then save the resized pictures from the email and upload them to your gallery here.

This assumes you have a mail client configured on your PC.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I ended up opening a Photobucket account and upload the pics in there. Then select your photo in Photobucket and copy the "IMG" link on the right hand side. Paste in your post and remove the first and last [] brackets to unlink them. Preview and post afterwards. I'm pretty sure there are better ways, but thats what I've been doing to post here lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
chitlins37

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool thanks guys! So it seems sizing will be the hangup on posting quickly from my phone (iphone 7plus). But at least I have a few options to play around with now...appreciate it.

Get my car back from Xpel (front/impact areas) and Ceramic Pro Gold (full interior & exterior) sometime this week so gonna need to figure all this out!

Last edited:

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Use the paper clip attachment icon. It's under the advanced options on replies. That should open a second window where you can upload photos. Hope this helps.
It also has a button down below in the "additional options" section where you can manage attachments and post videos/images etc. :cheers:
Capture1.PNG

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Cool thanks guys! So it seems sizing will be the hangup on posting quickly from my phone (iphone 7plus). But at least I have a few options to play around with now...appreciate it.

Get my car back from Xpel (front/impact areas) and Ceramic Pro Gold (full interior & exterior) sometime this week so gonna need to figure all this out!
Once the "Upload" window pops up, if you scroll down it gives you limits as to how big a file can be. JPEG's are capped at 2.19 mb.

Sponsored
OP
OP
chitlins37

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Option B is to
select the photos you want to share
Right click then click on "send to" then to "mail recipient"
This ask you to resize the photos and then attach them to a email
you can then save the resized pictures from the email and upload them to your gallery here.

This assumes you have a mail client configured on your PC.

Update - The method above seems to be the easiest to use from an iPhone. I open my camera, select the pics and email them to myself with 'medium' or 'large' size. Then open the email and save the images back to my phone. Then I can select them from the 'attachments' button as described in this thread when posting.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
Update - The method above seems to be the easiest to use from an iPhone. I open my camera, select the pics and email them to myself with 'medium' or 'large' size. Then open the email and save the images back to my phone. Then I can select them from the 'attachments' button as described in this thread when posting.
This works awesome! I couldn't get pics posted for the life of me, even after switching layouts. The Email trick works great...just select medium to have 100% success when you send the pic.

LXRD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralik
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Mustang with Handling Package
Is this how you post your own pic in reply to a thread?
IMG_7685.jpg
IMG_7685.jpg
Sponsored