Looking for advice with a stupid problem

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
So I installed my switchbacks the other day and they looked great... Until I went for a ride. One of the signal (amber and white) lights fell out of the socket into the housing. Either the fitment was poor or I didn't seat it well. Probably the latter (like I said- stupid problem). Getting the light out of the housing through the socket port is next to impossible. Any advice on getting into the housing to retrieve the light?

Thanks!
Andy
Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Hello Andy,

Every one of our Switchback bulbs is test-fit in a 2015+ Mustang socket to ensure proper fitment. If it wasn't clicked-in properly that could certainly cause it to come loose unfortunately.

I suggest using a claw-tool to retrieve the bulb.

If it's not clicking into the socket securely, please contact us and we will make sure you receive a replacement: (314) 205-3033

Thank you!
Nick C.

OP
OP
mojo2008

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Thanks Nick. Just yesterday I was able to get the light fixed up with the help of this thread.

Once I finally got the light free I reinstalled it and noticed a physical click as I seated it. I hadn't noticed this click before, so that's probably what my problem was. If it comes loose again now that it seems to be in there solid I'll reach out.

Andy

OP
OP
mojo2008

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Almost two weeks and its still seated. Great product that fell victim to installer error! Pretty sure its all good now. Thanks for the support!
Sponsored