GT350 Gauge Cluster Thread

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Will let you know after the Holidays if the Mode Switch Circuit Board Swap gives me back the rest of the Menu items. Would be nice to get back the MyColor options.

Also interested in the Results of Ray’s 18 Swap Project.

Don’t plan on using the 350 Headlight Switch because the Fog Lights Work great. Would also be nice to get back the Fog Light Indicator in the Speedo. Must be one Hex Bit in one line of code in the as-built that can turn that back on, similar to the Illuminated Door Sills.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I am going to create a review video and cover what I can. Just have been super busy......I have had the cluster installed now for about 1200 miles and everything is working great.

Can't wait for the GT500 cluster now though :D

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Interested to see which one they use. Bullitt went with the 12 inch LCD.

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Yeah I am expecting the digital cluster with the higher MPH/RPM, may be even more track orientated than the normal clusters similar to how the GT350 is compared to the regular mustang clusters.

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
There is a GT350 cluster on eBay if anyone is looking to the swap.

Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Update

Did switching the mode circuit board work?
A case of Indifferent Laziness hit me over the Holidays. Finally did something on the interior and took the Seat Side Shields off and replaced them with a painted version to match the console, Dash and Door Panels.

Next is Intake Manifold and Throttle Body. Then Exhaust and Headers and Rear Valence. Didn’t really miss the Mode Switch options on the trip to Texas and back, so it can wait a bit more. Not looking forward to pulling the Dash apart again. Want to do all the Dash and Console work at one time and haven’t got all the other parts ready to go yet.

There’s About three different systems I’m working on for the Dash and console.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
With regard to the drive modes, have any of you tried doing this:

IPC 720-06-01 xxxx xxxx x8xx

That's what you have to change in a base IPC to enable the drive modes when you upgrade to Sync 3 and a premium FCIM with the toggle.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'm surprised you did the cluster swap and didn't change the as-built even a little bit.

This will get you started: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

IPC = Instrument Panel Cluster.

FCIM = Front Controls Interface Module. That's Ford's fancy name for the center stack radio/HVAC control module/bezel.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Everything worked when I hooked it up except the drive modes and steering feel. I will have to try what you suggested. Haven't had time to research that thread as I already searched it for someone doing this and there was no specific info. Plus, it's going to take my full attention to learn all that shit.
You're right, there is no specific info on it. Problem is few people have done these swaps and you've gotta do the leg work to try things out and see what works and doesn't work.

All the info in that thread is from user submissions, Ford has been of no help and there is no manual to look at.

:cheers:

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
One of the other guys I’ve corresponded with has swapped out the Center Console Circuit Board for the 350 Board, because he wanted the Blacked-Out 350 Mode Switch Appearance. This allowed the Mode Switches to Work.

I’ve done the as-built 350 upgrade for the 350 Instrument Panel Cluster Swap, which killed the My Ford Color, the Steering Modes, The Handling Modes and the Fog Light Indicator in the Speedo. The Anti-Skid/Traction Control does work, along with the Hazard Lights. The others should come back after the Circuit Board Swap. Like I said before, I’m not looking forward to pulling the panel apart again. Going to mod the IPC to Install the LED Shift Lights. Will probably have to have software to make them work, as the 350 doesn’t have an Auto. Same reason the Fog Light Indicator stopped working, even though the lights work.

These are all lower priority for me, because the car is functional for my purposes right now. So, it could be August before I try this stuff. Between work and the Car Shows, I don’t have enough time to be sure I can get everything put back together to make the Shows.

Sync 3 is at least a year away. I’ve got a ‘15, so I have to have a complete Swap of the Display and APIM. That’s a lower priority too. Probably next year.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
One of the other guys I’ve corresponded with has swapped out the Center Console Circuit Board for the 350 Board, because he wanted the Blacked-Out 350 Mode Switch Appearance. This allowed the Mode Switches to Work.
Are you talking about the bezel that has all the radio and HVAC controls (aka FCIM?)

If so, that's odd that it worked because the 350's mode switch is on the steering wheel, not the center bezel.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Modes

Are you talking about the bezel that has all the radio and HVAC controls (aka FCIM?)

If so, that's odd that it worked because the 350's mode switch is on the steering wheel, not the center bezel.
No, the the 4 Center Console Mode Switches. The Circuit Board that Controls these.

The Steering Wheel Switch was changed out on my friends car to be the 350 Switch Module. It does nothing other than what it used to do. It needs a Module on the Steering column on the Dash side (as does the Adaptive Cruise Control) to make it work, plus maybe some software.

Some things work when connected, some don’t. The Oil Pressure/Temperature 350 Gauges worked. The Backup Sensors didn’t. The Door Sills didn’t. The LED light strip on the Dash doesn’t (either RPM or ACC).

Digital Speed is built into the 350 Gauge Cluster. The other things, like Magneride and Active Exhaust also require Software, as do some of the GT & 350 Menus in the Info Display (As-Built).

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The Steering Wheel Switch was changed out on my friends car to be the 350 Switch Module. It does nothing other than what it used to do. It needs a Module on the Steering column on the Dash side (as does the Adaptive Cruise Control) to make it work, plus maybe some software.
The guys doing the digital cluster swaps are also swapping out the SCCM (Steering Column Control Module) as well, so that makes sense. From what I've read in that thread, the pads on the steering wheel are dumb and merely create resistance on a circuit connected to that module, which then sends the signal over CAN.

I do wonder if you swapped the SCCM from a GT350 if the drive modes would work, or if you'd get non-functional GT350 drive modes? At the very least the PCM and ABS module are involved in that as well, so I could see it not working even after the SCCM swap.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
The guys doing the digital cluster swaps are also swapping out the SCCM (Steering Column Control Module) as well, so that makes sense. From what I've read in that thread, the pads on the steering wheel are dumb and merely create resistance on a circuit connected to that module, which then sends the signal over CAN.

I do wonder if you swapped the SCCM from a GT350 if the drive modes would work, or if you'd get non-functional GT350 drive modes? At the very least the PCM and ABS module are involved in that as well, so I could see it not working even after the SCCM swap.
The problem I’m going to have is trying to add Adaptive Cruise Control along with the Active Exhaust and Magneride. Some functions on the wheel are going supercede others. The ACC is on the left in the normal Cruise position, so the SCCM for that is probably OK, once the Radar and Windshield Sensors and software are installed. The 350 has Magneride on the right, where some of the Voice Controls are located. Magneride and Active Exhaust can also be Controlled from the Mode Switches on the Center Console and the Info Display on the Instrument Cluster. Right now, my ACC LED Strip on the Dash is indicated by the 350 RPM and Shift Modes in the Info Display. They don’t work, but that’s all I’ve got for now. Have an Automatic, so don’t need the Shift Lights, but do want the ACC. Do want Magneride and Active Exhaust. Exhaust will use Roush Controls in the beginning to simplify things. Magneride may need parts from the 2018, because I want the softer ride of the 18 and it is not lowered like the 350 and the 18 PP2.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Hmm. I wonder if you're not better off doing the 18 digital cluster swap? Those cars have Magneride now, so in theory you should be able to control everything.

Plus they're much more similar to our cars, so stuff like the drive modes seems more likely to work without fuss.
Sponsored