Sponsored

2011-2014 Mustang GT 80mm TB How-to

ktodd1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Performance Pack / 2016 Ecoboost Premium
Alright I'm calling it quits tonight. Here's a couple photos and some video clips so you guys can get a better understanding on what's going on.

Did you ever get this figured out ?
No. MPT sent another revised tune on monday, and now the wrench comes on as soon as I turn on the car. I just went ahead and put my old TB back on there for now until they figure it out.

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
No. MPT sent another revised tune on monday, and now the wrench comes on as soon as I turn on the car. I just went ahead and put my old TB back on there for now until they figure it out.
I saved myself the trouble and installed a 14 TB and asked MPT to send me a revised tune as I longer needed the 15 TB (and they did! )

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
If anyone is still trying to make a custom tube to match their new 80mm throttle body and still want the PCV and vacuum line connections the company UPR sells plug and play metal connectors in the ~16mm and ~10mm sizes that are found on the stock intake pipe. I ordered both and will try them out this weekend.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I'm trying to figure out options as a whole. I see people go for the 102mm intercooler tube, when that seems excessive for a 80mm TB opening. I would think anything that's 80mm or greater would be sufficient. That universal kit that was posted earlier looks intriguing, it would just need a coupler at the end, instead of the air filter. That's really the only black tube option I can find.

S550v6 - did fusing the stock pcv hookups fail on fordguys pipe?

Last edited:

Sponsored

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
I'm trying to figure out options as a whole. I see people go for the 102mm intercooler tube, when that seems excessive for a 80mm TB opening. I would think anything that's 80mm or greater would be sufficient. That universal kit that was posted earlier looks intriguing, it would just need a coupler at the end, instead of the air filter. That's really the only black tube option I can find.

S550v6 - did fusing the stock pcv hookups fail on fordguys pipe?
Yea turns out ford used 1 of the 2 types of plastic that don't bond permenently with the epoxy i used. It's held up so far but I already see the cracks forming. I've driven my car hard the last 2 days and it's held up [for the most part] but i'm not sure in 2 months they'll still be connected. I figured the metal would look better and be a more permenent option.

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
I purchased the eBay Black tube with the pvc adapter kit i posted earlier and already have the 4'' to 3.5'' couplers now just waiting on the tube, hoping it all fits. will update once installed. should be here by monday. made $30 offer and they accepted, not sure what that says about the quality guess I will know soon enough.

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
Does anyone know what normal vacuum in Hg is under heavy acceleration should read?

joonkim92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ingot silver mustang v6
So can anyone give me the run down on both options? What do I need and what are the problems being faced with getting the 14 tb and the 15tb

revtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Yeah looks I put myself in the same boat.
I picked up a 2016 GT TB with less than 1000 miles. It arrived today and looks brand new.
I was going to wait a bit anyway before doing something this radical (car has 2500 miles on it) So maybe the problem will be worked out eventually.

Does the Shapeways adapter work with the 2014 TB and the S550 TB? If so I will go ahead and pick up the adapter so I can be good either way.

Sponsored

Rika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 v6 auto
Hi all again. So far, I've got the 14 gt throttle body, Shapeway adapter, clamps, 2 4 inch coupler ( noticed I need one that reduces to 3.5 which was ordered today along with KN vent filter). Am I missing anything? Also, the shapeway adapter didn't come with an O-ring. Do I need an O-ring? If not, what should I put there? Also, which way does the adapter fit? What kind of screw/bolt is needed? I don't have any gaskets but bought an rtv silicone gasket maker, will this work?
Sorry for all the questions, still a noob with this kind of stuff. Hope someone can chime in and direct me in the right direction.
Thanks,
Rika

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
I picked up a 2016 GT TB with less than 1000 miles. It arrived today and looks brand new.
I was going to wait a bit anyway before doing something this radical (car has 2500 miles on it) So maybe the problem will be worked out eventually.

Does the Shapeways adapter work with the 2014 TB and the S550 TB? If so I will go ahead and pick up the adapter so I can be good either way.
Yes the adaptor works perfectly with the 14 tb

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

The adapter will work with either model year!

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Hi all again. So far, I've got the 14 gt throttle body, Shapeway adapter, clamps, 2 4 inch coupler ( noticed I need one that reduces to 3.5 which was ordered today along with KN vent filter). Am I missing anything? Also, the shapeway adapter didn't come with an O-ring. Do I need an O-ring? If not, what should I put there? Also, which way does the adapter fit? What kind of screw/bolt is needed? I don't have any gaskets but bought an rtv silicone gasket maker, will this work?
Sorry for all the questions, still a noob with this kind of stuff. Hope someone can chime in and direct me in the right direction.
Thanks,
Rika
The shapways description has what you need in terms of the bolts required. They should be Phillips head m6x1mm screws 20mm long. You can purchase either the OEM seal or use the rtv silicone. The groove feature on the adapter is the sealing surface for the TB. So the smooth side goes towards the intake.

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Hey guys I'm having a little problem and was wondering if anyone had any advice or experienced this as well. During WOT when the revs are around 6k and I take my foot off the gas abruptly the a/f ration dips as low as 9.0:1 for a split second then steadies around 13:1 or 12.5:1

This seems kind of scary to me but I am also very ignorant on the topic. Is this ok/normal when you pull off the gas at high revs in sport mode? I am also untuned and have Fordguys550's carbon fiber air intake. Any advice is greatly appreciated! The a/f ratio also looks pretty normal most of the time staying between 12.5:1 and 15.0:1 under light acceleration
This happens on my manual V6 (stock) as well. Basically, whenever I ABRUPTLY let gas off at high rpm (say 4k or above), the a/f ratio will drop from 14 to a very low level (don't remember the exact number thou) for a split second before going up to higher level if your right foot is kept off the gas pedal.

I don't know the reason, but I'd like to think that this is because that the fuel is not cut off as soon as the air is cut off. Maybe a tune can cure this? Or maybe it is safer this way, compared with the other way around (i.e., the fuel is cut off sooner than the air is cut off)?
Sponsored