Sponsored

Will the V6 being discontinued affect the value of the car?

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Agreed the V6 is a great engine with a manual transmission, the S550 is a great platform so no shame in that combo!

You have a look at it from the business side at least Ford is doing what it can to keep this niche market alive.
I'm forever grateful that Ford even bothered to produce a V6 manual at all. V6 manual rwd coupe with absolutely no marketing support whatsoever is about as niche as it gets. Shopping the segment, I found that all the competitors are either much less powerful or much more expensive. It truly is the best sports car bargain on the market right now and a lot of people don't even realize that it exists.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I love my V6 Manual... I do hope they keep the manuals alive for the new gen s650 Stangs. My next Mustang will be either a V8 or a TTV6 if these are what's offered for the s650...but it has to have a 3rd pedal and a stick shift.

Lucky13Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Purple
If i could get a second mustang it would definitely be a v6 s550. Incredibly good looking car and performance value for as low as $21,000 at Koons Baltimore! Hoping to pull off the 2018 GT though.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Blue Cyclone

I built "Blue Cyclone" for road course duty and my dealership paid it off to get it from me at 45,000 miles throat cancer treatment mileage or I'd still have it. They are great cars.
tn_DSCN1062 (1).JPG
tn_DSCN1065 (1).JPG

Sponsored

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
the only issue I see would be if parts become scarce and maintenance costs rise it could drive resale prices downward.
My understanding is that Ford uses the same engine in other vehicles, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Parts will be no problem- that's not a reason not to buy one. The V6 either auto or manual is a great car and really is the best bang for the buck. I really hope people read this thread and give the V6 Mustang a look. Eco is nice, but the sound and the pull of the V6 is far better and rivals the V8. At full throttle mine sounds really mean and I have a stock exhaust. I can imagine what a good exhaust will do as eventually I intend to get that for my car.

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Parts will be no problem- that's not a reason not to buy one. The V6 either auto or manual is a great car and really is the best bang for the buck. I really hope people read this thread and give the V6 Mustang a look. Eco is nice, but the sound and the pull of the V6 is far better and rivals the V8. At full throttle mine sounds really mean and I have a stock exhaust. I can imagine what a good exhaust will do as eventually I intend to get that for my car.
Get a different exhaust. I got flowmasters and that shit puts a smile on my face everytime. It does drone but im so used to it now.
I do love the stock exhaust though. Sounds very infiniti g37ish

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Get a different exhaust. I got flowmasters and that shit puts a smile on my face everytime. It does drone but im so used to it now.
I do love the stock exhaust though. Sounds very infiniti g37ish
I'll be doing that within the next couple of years. Hopefully the droning will go away as newer systems come to market. Besides, I'm keeping the car a long time so I'm in no rush at the moment. Like I said it sounds so much like my old 89 LX 5.0 when I open her up- it's pretty funny as I've had V6's in other cars and they never sounded close to a V8 lol. I guess Ford really tried to tune it right. :)
Sponsored