Rev matching, down shifting and heal toe, MANUAL TRANS ONLY

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hey [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION], why would you want a concave part instead of a flat one?

I was thinking of replicating the garageline (or whatever brand that was) piece with some scrap aluminum stock I have around work, probably will need more than one to reach the optimal height.
Crap! I didn't look at the drawing to see that it was concave :headbonk:

Time for a new order...
Sponsored

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Crap! I didn't look at the drawing to see that it was concave :headbonk:

Time for a new order...
Or, you might just find them (spacers of 1/4 or 1/8 inch thickness) at local stores.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I simply can't comfortably accomplish heel/toe in this car with the seating position that I drive in. I'm 6'2...
Is it the seating position itself or is it that it leads you to usually work the throttle and brake pedals with your right heel fairly firmly on the floor (basically just rotating your ankle and lifting the ball of your foot to go from throttle to brake and vice-versa)?

Norm

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
Is it the seating position itself or is it that it leads you to usually work the throttle and brake pedals with your right heel fairly firmly on the floor (basically just rotating your ankle and lifting the ball of your foot to go from throttle to brake and vice-versa)?

Norm
I think its more the position of his leg/feet down there would be my guess. I'm 6'7" so I know where hes coming from. My foot cant actually turn down there to do legitimate heel/toe, so I use the side to side method every day.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase

Norm
I'm 6'4 and I can't turn my foot to put toe on brake and heel on gas (or vice versa). Seat is all the way back and I have steeda pedal with spacers.

Sponsored

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
I am 5'11 and ware 8.5 shoes. With spacers, but stock gas pedal, I use the side way method (with my right foot in a pigeon toed position) to perform heel-and-toe.

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm not a very experienced when it comes to advanced techniques. I never really felt the need to learn hell toe so much but I do rev match.

When slowing down coming to a stop I usually go through the gears, slowly releasing the clutch on each down shift for a smooth transition. Is this hard on my clutch?

What is normal procedures when coming to stop for minimal wear on motor/clutch?

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
I'm 6'4 and I can't turn my foot to put toe on brake and heel on gas (or vice versa). Seat is all the way back and I have steeda pedal with spacers.
Have you tried the side of your foot method? Half on the brake and rolling your ankle over to blip the throttle with the other half?

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Have you tried the side of your foot method? Half on the brake and rolling your ankle over to blip the throttle with the other half?
I have, and always end up jabbing the brakes too hard. I'll practice this method some more though. Are all performance pack brakes very sensitive? I have 12k miles on the car now, they should have softened up a bit.

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'm not a very experienced when it comes to advanced techniques. I never really felt the need to learn hell toe so much but I do rev match.

When slowing down coming to a stop I usually go through the gears, slowly releasing the clutch on each down shift for a smooth transition. Is this hard on my clutch?

What is normal procedures when coming to stop for minimal wear on motor/clutch?
Not super hard on your clutch if you are rev matching but its putting more wear on your TOB. I always stay in gear when slowing down and when the RPM's get down to 1k-1.5k I put the clutch in and coast in neutral and come to a complete stop.

The only time I downshift and rev match when slowing down is when I need to accelerate soon.

Sponsored

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
I have, and always end up jabbing the brakes too hard. I'll practice this method some more though. Are all performance pack brakes very sensitive? I have 12k miles on the car now, they should have softened up a bit.
I do not have a PP, but from reading the other members posts, that seems to be the case.

OP
OP
guncrazy72

guncrazy72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP black on black
They are all that sensitive which makes it difficult to heal toe. The peddle just doesn't give enough to fully allow you to reach the gas as well.
Sponsored