DIY - Lifting Gas Pedal w/ Spacers for Heel-Toe, <$5

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I'm still on the fence about the pedal. I bought the pedal before the mod but haven't installed... I am trying to get a feel without it. I will decide after going a few months with just the mod.
I did both the pedal and the HD spacers. It's a snap to get your foot across both now, I even found myself revving by accident when wearing big boots.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
OP, great post/tip! I bought the spacers and will install soon.

Question for all to respond: Does this mod negate the need for a wider gas pedal?
I wear 8.5 shoes and I did not install a wider pedal. The spacers are sufficient for me, even though wider pedal might make heel-toe even easier.

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Oooh sweet! How can I buy some?
Yep!
Just finished swapping out the HD spacers for these babies. Much thanks to [MENTION=9298]Horse[/MENTION] for the diy and everyone here for zeroing in on the ideal dimensions.
These are 1" OD x 1/4" ID x 1/2" tall, with a tiny beveled edge, and in a nice red because why not, bc racecar.

The accelerator pedal is now almost exactly even with the brake pedal, when the brake is depressed. On my setup, this combined with the Steeda oversized gas pedal makes heel-toe downshifting a simple matter of blipping the throttle with a slight roll of my right foot. I wouldn't personally go any thicker - it's already too easy to hit both pedals by accident.

If anyone wants a set, I have about 100 sets I just put up on the website (spacecityspy.com). They'll be at the intro price of $10 (including shipping) for a week or so if anyone wants an off the shelf solution.
HTPS_Depressed.jpg
HTPS_Depressed2.jpg
HTPS_Installed.jpg
HTPS_Installed2.jpg
HTPS_PedalAlignment.jpg
HTPS_Result.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Quick install guide, with a few tips, whether you're going with HomeDepot spacers or mine:

Tools:
  1. 10mm socket
  2. 12" extension
  3. Flashlight
  4. Medium or light strength loctite (highly recommended)
  5. Flexibility / small hands

Instructions:
  1. Pull driver's seat all the way backwards
  2. Use fingernail or flathead screwdriver to push red tab on electrical connector UP (see picture)
  3. Squeeze connector at top with fingers, pull up, and remove
  4. Remove 3 10mm nuts holding accelerator pedal to floor (may take awhile, long threads)
  5. Remove pedal assembly
  6. Install spacers
  7. Add a few drops of loctite to threads (upon my reinstall, the nuts were a bit loose - never good on your pedals)
  8. Reinstall pedal assembly, nuts, and clip connector back in
  9. Done!

I found, as weird as it sounds, that lying on my back upside down in the driver's seat with my head under the steering wheel was actually the easiest way to do this install. Not recommended for people with back problems.
:cheers:
HTPS_Connector.jpg

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Just ordered. Looking forward to the install

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Installed and went for a test drive. I cannot believe what a difference this simple mod makes. I was considering purchasing a Steeda pedal but am not sure that is needed now.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Also, at least when I was installing the spacers, I did not have to unplug the connector. Just saying, in case anyone has difficulty unplugging it.

Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Yep!
Just finished swapping out the HD spacers for these babies. Much thanks to [MENTION=9298]Horse[/MENTION] for the diy and everyone here for zeroing in on the ideal dimensions.
These are 1" OD x 1/4" ID x 1/2" tall, with a tiny beveled edge, and in a nice red because why not, bc racecar.
Damn, wish I would have noticed these sooner. Are they actually all sold out already as it says on the site?

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Yep!
If anyone wants a set, I have about 100 sets I just put up on the website (spacecityspy.com). They'll be at the intro price of $10 (including shipping) for a week or so if anyone wants an off the shelf solution.
Was going to try to figure out my own solution but I just ordered a set of these. Very cool, saved me some time. I think I might have gotten the last set.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
How did you just order a set? It's been saying sold out for me since 9am :(
By "just ordered" I meant at about 9 this morning. :D

I got a shipping confirmation, so there's that. I also ordered one of the trunk latch things, but that didn't ship yet so idk but I did get a shipping confirmation on the spacers. :shrug:
Sponsored