Sponsored

Blowfish shifter bracket noise/vibration.

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Anyone have any noise issues with the blowfish shifter bracket? I installed mine a few months ago and I love the way it helped clean up high rpm shifts, but the vibration noise is starting to become so annoying I'm debating removing it. It's coming from the lockout collar, while I'm driving if I slightly lift up on it the noise stops. It's so loud I can hear it even with my radio turned up.
Sponsored

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yep. Have noise from the collar. Don't really care. But YMMV. Steeda has a billet replacement collar if you want to enjoy the solid feeling with less NVH. Or...get an MGW shifter and be done with it.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
You could apply a thin piece of felt behind the collar on one side using a dab of 5 minute epoxy. Lift the collar up and hold it up with tape and wrap the shaft just halfway with very thin felt applied with the epoxy. Of course, the boot would have to be pulled down to access that area.

After the 5 minute epoxy dries in about 15 minutes slide the collar back down and reattach the boot. You could also use some contact or weatherstrip adhesive.

OP
OP

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Thanks, I will definitely give this a try on my days off.

You could apply a thin piece of felt behind the collar on one side using a dab of 5 minute epoxy. Lift the collar up and hold it up with tape and wrap the shaft just halfway with very thin felt applied with the epoxy. Of course, the boot would have to be pulled down to access that area.

After the 5 minute epoxy dries in about 15 minutes slide the collar back down and reattach the boot. You could also use some contact or weatherstrip adhesive.
Sponsored