Sponsored

Barton Hybrid 3 Question

Ricketts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm torn between the reverse collar or the flat stick style. First first instinct was reverse collar to keep stock setup. BUT, I like the look at the flat stick style and it comes included with a white shift knob like I'm wanting. BUT, how aggressive is the reverse engagement on the flat stick? This car is my DD, not my racecar, etc.

Please don't turn this into a MGW vs Barton pissing match.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ricketts

Ricketts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Bert03GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I cant speak of the Barton because I ended up with MGW. I can however tell you that I went with the flat stick because I liked the look of it and have no complaints.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
There first couple drives will take some getting used to. But, it'll become second nature and easy to push down. For me, it was as n easy compromise to get the flat stick.

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Got a pic of this flat stick shifter??

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Here is mine. I installed it earlier this month (body mount) and it is sooo much better that the stock shifting action. No NVH at all. My wrist stays parallel with my rested forearm, on the console, when shifting. Perfect height!!
barton.PNG
Barton2.PNG
barton3.PNG

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
[MENTION=16083]GTBOB[/MENTION]: Your Barton looks great. How much shorter is it than the stock shifter? I would like a slightly shorter shifter, but I honestly don't know how much shorter. I hate the crappy feel of the stock shifter (like a box of rubber bands) and want to improve the feel, but do not want to gain a ton of NVH like I've read about with the MGW trans-mount.

I sort of want my cake and eat too, but it's my money and car and if I can get both, I'd like to do that.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Damn [MENTION=16083]GTBOB[/MENTION] that shifter is bad ass!!!! Really cool man I like it. Makes me wanna get one

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@GTBOB : Your Barton looks great. How much shorter is it than the stock shifter? I would like a slightly shorter shifter, but I honestly don't know how much shorter. I hate the crappy feel of the stock shifter (like a box of rubber bands) and want to improve the feel, but do not want to gain a ton of NVH like I've read about with the MGW trans-mount.

I sort of want my cake and eat too, but it's my money and car and if I can get both, I'd like to do that.
The top of the Barton ball is exactly 4" high from the chrome shifter bezel. I gained 0 NVH. In fact, there is LESS NVH then when I had my stock shifter/Boomba billet body mount. This Barton assembly is one of the better mods I have done and to me, is worth every overtime hour :).

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Damn @GTBOB that shifter is bad ass!!!! Really cool man I like it. Makes me wanna get one
Like I said above, I really do like this shifter. Some people just say stuff like that to justify the $$$ they spent, knowing they should have spent it on something else after-the-fact. But seriously, no buyer's remorse here! The shifting action/precision is so much better than stock.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
And losing the reverse collar didn't brother you any? Is it easier to get into reverse than the pull up collar?

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And losing the reverse collar didn't brother you any? Is it easier to get into reverse than the pull up collar?
No, it is not easier than stock. But by no means is it difficult.

stingerbtry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GTP PP
No, it is not easier than stock. But by no means is it difficult.
I have the exact same setup and don't even notice it anymore, it's second nature. One of the best overall drivability mods I've installed and can't even be compared to stock. I had the same reservations about losing the collar but I liked the flat stick so much that I went for it and couldn't be happier.
Sponsored