Why so many used gt350

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
I think the demographic that bought into the gt350 because it was the IT track car under $100k is probably the same demographic that would jump to a ZL1 1LE based on stats.

I haven’t driven the Camaro, no interest in any GM product, so I can’t speak from experience with that platform.. but when trusted reviewers drive the 1LE, the overall sentiment has been that is a helluva car, faster than some super cars let alone a gt350, but they’d rather have an R because - while it’s not faster it’s overall a better driving experience.

IMHO - it speaks volumes when a slower car is consistently desired by trusted reviewers over the hands down faster alternative.

Yeah, I would take an R over the ZL1/ZL1 1LE easily. One thing you R guys have to your advantage is the rare factor/limited numbers. These cars aren't going to lose their value at all compared to the regular GT350, Which they have over saturated the market with IMO.
Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Yeah, I would take an R over the ZL1/ZL1 1LE easily. One thing you R guys have to your advantage is the rare factor/limited numbers. These cars aren't going to lose their value at all compared to the regular GT350, Which they have over saturated the market with IMO.
Yeah - the value/rarity thing was a big part of my decision also. Preliminary numbers show my car is 1 of 59 for 2017 model year — and I have the 4th most common R spec.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Because the GT350 is just a toy for those that could afford them in the first year(s). And those people tend to get rid of their toys shortly there after when they start losing the magic and move on to the next hot thing.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I bought mine for the melodious sound that comes out the back. The fact it handles pretty good is a bonus.
I had a 13 GT and again fell prey to the lure again when the S550 premiered. I hated the sound of the Coyote. I wasted money on the 15 trying to get it to sound better. I did the resonator delete then an MBRP catback followed by a Magnaflow catback. The sound sucked and I dumped the 15. The a/c going bad and the unresolved chassis vibrations didn't help either. I bought a ScatPac Challenger and that sounded sweet. I sold the ScatPac to get the Shelby.
I'm going to pick up a Widebody Hellcat after Christmas and I'll be keeping the GT350 for the long haul. :)

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
I’ll take that bait. On which road course did this happen?
Road course? Hold on, you telling me that GT350 owners actually track their cars?

Anyhow... back to the question at hand... they are slow, really slow for what they are. With the 2018 GT hitting the market, the only thing a GT350 is fast at is depreciation. Heck, they didn't even get the redesign... that was the wake up call for smart owners to dump them quick.

Sponsored

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
the 17' i've been eyeing for the longest time at the dealership local to me was traded in for a new focus rs because the owner wanted the latest and greatest... he only had it for about 6 months.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Just over 13,000 total have been built in '15, '16 & '17. Auto Trader has ~850 of these years for sale. The first 130 or so are listed at over MSRP, with some being used! Is this amount (6.5% of cars built) excessive for a 2+ years production? Unsold new cars and used combined. Couldn't say for sure, but I would think not.
Be quiet the sky is falling. As demonstrated by all the long time posters in thread

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Road course? Hold on, you telling me that GT350 owners actually track their cars?

Anyhow... back to the question at hand... they are slow, really slow for what they are. With the 2018 GT hitting the market, the only thing a GT350 is fast at is depreciation. Heck, they didn't even get the redesign... that was the wake up call for smart owners to dump them quick.
This post sounds really insecure.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Crap, I bought this car thinking it was going to be the fastest bestest car on the internet. :frusty:

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
This post sounds really insecure to call someone else insecure.
Mirror much?
Spade is a spade. Call me what u want. I’m ok with myself. Calling a car really slow when we all know it’s not is either trolling or... insecurity.

Sponsored

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
This thread is ripe with the dumbassery. :doh:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
This thread is ripe with the dumbassery. :doh:
Yeah lol I don’t even.....

eBay is a place where dealers try to get top dollar for cars like these. Doesn’t really mean anything....

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
With the 2018 GT hitting the market, the only thing a GT350 is fast at is depreciation. Heck, they didn't even get the redesign... that was the wake up call for smart owners to dump them quick.
A. The GT350/R looks better and is/was a standout over the 2017 GT's looks and still does that over the 2018 GT.

B. A fully loaded out GT with magneride will now run you around $53K or so and it still isn't faster on a track.. No GT350/R owner is feeling any pressure to upgrade, trust me.

C. No Voodoo in the 2018 GT... convenient to leave out the fact that the GT350 has more HP, a better sounding motor, and revs out to 8200. The Voodoo alone is worth getting over a GT to most and just so happens to be a very special engine in Ford history.

Status
Not open for further replies.