Sponsored

Brakemotive rotors

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
UPDATE: BrakeMotive replaced all 4 rotors and the color is probably 95% the same on all 4, cleaning and breakin will probably even out the color. They shipped the rotors Wednesday and I was surprised to see them on my front porch Thursday morning, overnight shipping, gotta love that service, thanks BrakeMotive.

I’ll post pics when I get everything buttoned up.
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Nice! I swear they have the best customer service of just about ANY business that I've dealt during my lifetime.

ChristianDev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT MT
Just installed my brakemotive pads and rotors and painted my calipers. I love the new look !
7F31FA74-6866-4DF5-96B5-C55E051CE9E6.jpeg
03DD5AF0-A06C-4D27-8A55-84E74C7FC020.jpeg

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Looks great. Is that black or magnetic. I have the covers in red and I’m thinking it’s too much red. Been thinking of painting my calipers Magnetic

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
* I realize it is a provocative thing to say...but I'm not bashing anyone...nor making any accusations. I'm just being an advocate for the red fellow with the forked tail when I say:

Barely over two hundred bucks - shipped - for four new rotors and pads on all four corners?! And on a hi-performance car like ours? This gives me pause.

I get it - it may not be an oranges-to-oranges comparison against "big" names like Baer & Hawk, but the exact same collection of parts (shipped) costs $960 from those two manufacturers. And that's a deal!

I'm sure that nobody is under the impression that the quality of their Brakemotive parts is equal to the aforementioned. And obviously you wouldn't be buying & installing it if you thought it was crap - that goes without saying. But how do you quantify the quality & performance of the components that you are getting?

Satisfactory?
Adequate?
Great?
Mediocre?
"Alright"?

And has anyone put 10 or 15 thousand miles on a set? How do they hold up?

Do you believe that you are installing components that are of a caliber befitting the caliber of your car?

I'm not dissing anybody; I'm the biggest bargain hunter around! And I have ZERO experience with these parts, so I am in no position to make any assertions. But the term caveat emptor keeps popping into my head when I look at these parts. I'm not saying they're no good - but I admit I'm pretty skeptical about the fade resistance, warp resistance and longevity. It just seems too good to be true.

OTOH...

You guys may very well be saying:

"Yeah - we accept that we will probably have to put TWO sets on in the time the other guys keep their one - but even with TWO full sets we're still only spending half of what the other guys spend."

Last edited:

Sponsored

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
I've ran Brake Motive rotors for Years , 2 mustangs , 2 trucks ,and 2 corvettes and for the money you can't beat em . I've never had a problem with any that i have installed . My cars are just street cars but they see very spirited driving a lot. Ron you buy what you want n we will buy what we want . Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS .

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
They need to come out with a reasonably priced 2 piece rotor set!

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
I've ran Brake Motive rotors for Years , 2 mustangs , 2 trucks ,and 2 corvettes and for the money you can't beat em . I've never had a problem with any that i have installed . My cars are just street cars but they see very spirited driving a lot. Ron you buy what you want n we will buy what we want . Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS .
i was just about the say something similar. google is your friend. look outside the mustang community and see what others say with acura, honda, bmw, etc... a lot of them have been using it as well.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Big thanks to [MENTION=27640]bjstang[/MENTION] for sizing these so I could post uncropped pics. Gotta figure out how to do this myself.
7B763153-DB89-445F-A75E-54B2AB84855D.jpeg
B5721B3E-6CF5-4DAA-8237-1DF275E37288.jpeg

Sponsored

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
Let us know how your paint holds up . I was going to paint mine but didn't , if it holds up for you that's an easy fix for me . Looks awesome , and you are so right ,Brake Motive is an awesome supplier to deal with .

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
I’m hoping I prepped it good enough and I used 3 coats of hi-temp in satin, paint is still wet in the pic that’s why it looks glossy. I’ll know about mid summer if it held up

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Your ride looks great, Man. And good idea on painting the inner surfaces of the rotors!

RedEcoJet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ecoboost - Pre-Production #280 Product Planning & Styling Vehicle
Vehicle Showcase
Nice rotors

I just replaced my fronts with the Brake Motive drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads. Really great brake feel and good looking too. Price was great.

Jerry
Sponsored