Looking for headers

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem w/ Corsa Act Ex
I could've told you that. AS stated a few pages ago, I work for a company that is a tier 3 vendor for TSP (the lowest discounts given from them for vendors) and they Literally have very very little markup on the Mustang headers.
"could have told".... I think you did lol :)
Sponsored

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
They say they sell at a reasonable price. The place that installed my headers are picky about which ones they install and they seemed to have no issues with the TSP headers.

I also installed the magnaflow tru x pipe today. I don't know how it is possible but my car is much quieter than even just my Roush ab and h pipe combo on top of the catless headers. Must be voodoo magic. Now it has a deep sound that I was looking for. Thanks for the suggestions friends.
I think I'm reading this wrong, can you clarify?

Are you saying catless headers with the magna flow is quieter than your previous setup of only the Roush AB with h pipe and no headers?

Or are you saying it quieted it down to less than headers, roush and h pipe?

your comments about it being not drivable are one of the main reasons I've been staying away so far. well that, and I have others things I'd rather drop a grand on.

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I think I'm reading this wrong, can you clarify?

Are you saying catless headers with the magna flow is quieter than your previous setup of only the Roush AB with h pipe and no headers?

Or are you saying it quieted it down to less than headers, roush and h pipe?

your comments about it being not drivable are one of the main reasons I've been staying away so far. well that, and I have others things I'd rather drop a grand on.
For sound the catless headers/h pipe/r abs sounds terrible and loud to the point of just being obnoxious. I like loud but idk about that set up. I don’t know how you could realistically drive around with that set up. The magna x resonator replaced the h pipe and now the car is a bit more quiet than having just the h pipe and r ab. The issue I have now is that catless is not a good idea and I have to add them back in someway as the smell is terrible. Literally as soon as you slow down you can smell it. I also have really bad exhaust rattling as well but it seems to be the person I had put the x piece in misaligned it so that has to be straightened out as well.

For the little power I’ll get headers were a waste at this point. Having to change out everything else to accommodate the headers plus having to add cats back in has been a nightmare in my case. I think the catted headers with a mild set up might be a good combo though.