Sponsored

Looking for a 93 Octane Tune

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hi all,

I’m currently in the market for a 93 octane tune for my GT. I have browsed the forums countless times and can’t figure out which tune to go for. I’ve been thinking Lund after all the rave reviews, but I wanted to do my due diligence. My car already has an Airaid enclosed cold air intake. I’ll also have a Corsa Sport catback and pick up some Cat deletes/headers once I get the tune (should I install these before or after the tune?).

I’d also like a tune that can do the ghost cam idle since i’ll be catless and can I get a tune that will shoot fire on up and down shifts?

Thanks looking to order something this week!

Connor
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
91 octane tune by Kesatie Motorsports is what I use with 94 Octane. I figured a 3-point safety margin and honestly I can say it's making more power then my previous 93 tune with 94 octane. They do ghost cam tunes, not sure on a flamethrower tune haha.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've been quite happy with my livernois tune. That said, them, AED, Lund, Brenspeed you can't go wrong with.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
This is the LUND 93 cammed tune. I’m factory exhaust manifolds, cat-less, KRONA Exhaust, AirAid Tube & AFE Filter.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I have used Lund for both my 15 and 18 GTs. I have proven the results with dyno sessions before and after for both. No complaints here, proven results and no issues. 93, flex, and e85 race tunes. All damn near perfect on the first try. A little datalogging and maybe a revision or two depending on the complexity of the tune. I have used SCT canned tunes and Rev Auto tunes as well. Lund has so far been the best stock like start up and drivability while still making very good power. They do offer a free cam lope tune with your other tunes if you're into that.

Sponsored

Stang8psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
I have used Lund for both my 15 and 18 GTs. I have proven the results with dyno sessions before and after for both. No complaints here, proven results and no issues. 93, flex, and e85 race tunes. All damn near perfect on the first try. A little datalogging and maybe a revision or two depending on the complexity of the tune. I have used SCT canned tunes and Rev Auto tunes as well. Lund has so far been the best stock like start up and drivability while still making very good power. They do offer a free cam lope tune with your other tunes if you're into that.
your saying you made more power, better driving tune than a Rev Auto Dyno tune?? with a mail ordered Lund tune?

That would be close to a first I've seen and have heard. Don't get me wrong or take it as saying anything bad, I have had Both on previous cars (11&14 5.0) and went almost .2-.4 tenths faster and 2-3mph faster N/A same day with both tunes at the same track and both were dyno tuned By Lund Sr himself in person, on the same tank of E85 and also by Adam at Rev Auto. My rev Made more power through the whole rpm range and peak with track results to back it up.

That being said OP there are so many good tuners who have proven cars on both the street and on the track to choose from. To be honest you could't make a bad choice in any of them.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
your saying you made more power, better driving tune than a Rev Auto Dyno tune?? with a mail ordered Lund tune?

That would be close to a first I've seen and have heard. Don't get me wrong or take it as saying anything bad, I have had Both on previous cars (11&14 5.0) and went almost .2-.4 tenths faster and 2-3mph faster N/A same day with both tunes at the same track and both were dyno tuned By Lund Sr himself in person, on the same tank of E85 and also by Adam at Rev Auto. My rev Made more power through the whole rpm range and peak with track results to back it up.

That being said OP there are so many good tuners who have proven cars on both the street and on the track to choose from. To be honest you could't make a bad choice in any of them.
With my 15 I did see more power under the curve with a Rev Dyno tune from my Lund Mail order tune but in Lunds defense I never sent in datalog info for further revisions or setup a remote tune. I did how ever have more drivability issues with my Rev tune on the GT350 TB then I had with my Lund tune. I actually had occasional stalling with the Rev tune, no issues with the Lund tune. Lund will also email you a revision back same day in most cases and I could barely get anyone on the phone at Rev let alone wait for an appointment and several days to get my car back.

Stang8psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
With my 15 I did see more power under the curve with a Rev Dyno tune from my Lund Mail order tune but in Lunds defense I never sent in datalog info for further revisions or setup a remote tune. I did how ever have more drivability issues with my Rev tune on the GT350 TB then I had with my Lund tune. I actually had occasional stalling with the Rev tune, no issues with the Lund tune. Lund will also email you a revision back same day in most cases and I could barely get anyone on the phone at Rev let alone wait for an appointment and several days to get my car back.
That is one thing that it is hard to get a hold of someone at rev, and they do not do email support tuning. I think there are only a few guys that tune the gt350 TB (AED, Lund I know for sure) Do.
Like I said, there really is not a bad choice out of the top tier tuning camps to get one from at the end of the day

Sean@LethalPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang 5.0
You can't go wrong with a Lund tune, not only do you get a bad ass tune but top notch customer service to go along with it.

We can set you up with their tune and whatever other parts you'd like to complement it with here at Lethal Performance, just shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Sponsored

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I like my AED tune.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
lund tuning is as good as it gets, we were lund's largest dealer last year and can def help you out, feel free to ring me 8-10 seven days a week to answer any questions you have

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Loving my VMP 93 octane tune!
Ive been eyeballing their tune as well. Care to elaborate? Have you tried another tuner to compare?

SLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Ive been eyeballing their tune as well. Care to elaborate? Have you tried another tuner to compare?
Being that you're in Houston, I recommend Jason Herrera (St00pidfast).
I got tuned by him when I had my 18 manifold installed and couldn't be happier.
I had tunes from Steeda and Lund before too for comparison. Not that theirs are bad though.

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I had a full bolt on 2012 GT500 that VMP dyno tuned up at Beech Bend Dragstrip in KY in 2013. They did a perfect tune that was spot on in every way. Great drive- ability in lower RPM’s, but a beast when you got into it. So when I wanted to tune my ‘17 GTPP, I ordered a custom tune 93 octane from VMP on an SCT tuner device. Once again, it is spot on. Car is more responsive on the throttle and feels like it pulls harder and faster. I haven’t dynoed the GT, but the car performs and feels quicker/faster from the seat. They are great people to work with.
Sponsored