Sponsored

Broke 2018 PP GT with 1700 miles.

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang 2018 PP Mustang GT
Sounds like the pressure plate or twin disc exploded. Terrible vibration with noise. Car only has 1700 miles. Hopefully ford doesn't play any games with the warranty process.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Are you sure the center support carrier bearing to the driveshaft didn’t go bust?

What happened? Driving normal?

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not positive. Haven't put it on the lift yet. From the sound of it it was something in the clutch. With it in gear or neutral the engine has a bad vibration if you rev it up. I limped it home. I can coax it into gear and it pulls the car ok but it sounded like pieces of the pressure plate or related items were in the bell. I'll check in the morning. It's pretty hard to shift gears so not thinking it's the drive shaft.

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Evo VIII RS, 2018 Mustang GT
Oh boy that sucks! Did you clutch or syncros make sounds when shifting at higher RPMs before it exploded? There is at least 5 people in this forum including myself who have this problem with the revised MT82 transmission.

Also in the higher revs for me, there is some slight reverberation. Its subtle but its definitely audible.

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope it shifted like butter up to red line. Zero vibration. Never made any noise prior to this. Always used clutch. Right before this happened there was a slight vibration in upper rpm that turned into a major one. Then the noise of something rotating with what soijnded like parts coming out of the bell area for the next couple mins.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bad mass air with 1700 miles?

My 18 is at the dealer. The other night the flywheel, twin disc or pressure plate let loose. Made a very loud noise with a terrible vibration. That's my diagnoses without actually pulling trans to see. Weird though, dealer called me this morning to say the mass air is bad. Told me they want to fix the drivabilitity issue before they look into tranny issue. Wondering if the rattle could be detonation I'm hearing. Never through a CEL and I only run 93 in it.
TheKuhb is online now Report Post

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The new mass air never showed up today. Still saying they want to fix that before the trans. Not sure if they're bs'n just to string me along with not touching the trans issue yet. Dunno, long as it's documented the mass air was broken I'm ok with it. I'll keep you updated.

Chris5.0coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Wow -.- idk why they do that thanks for the info I’m Gona just have to put my car back to stock and take it in next week it doesn’t affect the way the car drives just anoyying every time I turn it on

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Wow -.- idk why they do that thanks for the info I’m Gona just have to put my car back to stock and take it in next week it doesn’t affect the way the car drives just anoyying every time I turn it on
If it has a tune on it, no point in returning to stock.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Well, you always start to fix the easier and the most obvious things first, if it fix the whole problem good, it saves you and the shop both time and money, so why not just be patient and see?

Chris5.0coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
There’s no tune on it it just has coilovers and bigger rims on it and I don’t need them making excuses on trying to void my warranty for anything

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trans update

The rear twin disc springs broke. Partially destroying the rear disc. In the process it damaged the bellhousing. So far new flywheel, clutch, pressure plate. Now that case has damage this is what I was told today. There's zero transmissions available currently. There is front cases which would require swapping guts to new case. Something I don't want, I want a factory built trans. They agree but said ford is paying the bill so they do what ford says. However he said even though front cases are available the seal kit is not available. At that point he says he'll fight to get new trans.

OP
OP
TheKuhb

TheKuhb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My car is still broken at the dealer with trans issue. Flywheel is on backorder until possibly June. Ford said they're unable to pull from production at this time. Clutch is also on backorder until may unless suppliers ship early. Pretty pissed.

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
My car is still broken at the dealer with trans issue. Flywheel is on backorder until possibly June. Ford said they're unable to pull from production at this time. Clutch is also on backorder until may unless suppliers ship early. Pretty pissed.
Time to call ford customer service and get a case opened and get a customer service rep involved. My car is officially being replaced by ford because they couldnt get the parts in a timely manner, and it has been longer than 30 days at the dealer.
Sponsored