Of course plus a added 500 whp lol , jp
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Unless you are 70 years old and your car is a 2007 Cadillac STS, then no to chrome. Chrome played out, in my book, a long time ago.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Unless you are 70 years old and your car is a 2007 Cadillac STS, then no to chrome. Chrome played out, in my book, a long time ago.
The main thing with chrome is its become costly and if you dont maintain it then it goes bad. A lot of new options have come out that are similar

Polished with clear
high luster powdercoat

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Put me down for satin-finish aluminum. Just like in the children's storybook, there's such a thing as "just right" in between the two extremes, and let's have the color accurately reflect that the wheels are made out of a lightweight metal.

I'm not a fan of black wheels for pretty much the same reasons that have been given. Particularly on a dark car, they tend to disappear inside the black-sidewall tires mounted on them and the dark wheel wells surrounding those. Not enough contrast to be set off and show that they're supposed to roll. I get that they don't show brake dust anywhere near as badly as other finish colors, but that just means I'd keep putting off cleaning them even longer than I do.

I never cared for the other extreme - chrome - either. Not even when "chrome reverse wheels" or Cragar S/S wheels were the things to have (baby class of November 1947 here). Too much contrast, too much sparkly reflection, too "show car", too much emphasis on and eyeball attraction to the wheels at the expense of everything else for me.

Norm

OP
OP
Salt Ninja

Salt Ninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Premium with 50 Years Pkg
Yeah, true chrome is tough to manage. Had chrome rims on an F150 one time and it was a constant battle with pitting. The silver painted/coated rims are what I gravitate to. I like shiny things on darker vehicles. Of course I just put black plasti-dip on my son's Jeep Cherokee xj but it is because he has stock rims and we wanted them to be less noticeable. It works on his xj.
Sponsored