Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Went for a drive, just for the hell of it. Initial plans to wash it were a no go - too damn cold! Took camera with me, got some good pics
7FE11634-249A-44CA-9FA5-5E9D42B52A4F.jpeg
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i washed it froze my ass off, took it for a drive to dry it because I couldn't be arsed to dry it by hand. got home and it started hailing so its all wet again now :(

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
totally nearly died about 30 times last night, had rained/snowed all day in ashbourne, a good thick layer of ice with a coating of snow and frost ontop of that, driving back from the mrs' through the country lanes (only real way back from there to mine) and it was hell, it too me over twice as long as it normally would, and i saw about 10 cars in bushes/laybys/driving half broken etc. Possibly the scariest drive i've ever done in any car, let alone the stang.

Surprisingly i got back avoiding any dents, scratches, or issues with the stang, but it wont be venturing out through the snow again, atleast, not unless roads are treated, foooking hell!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
totally nearly died about 30 times last night, had rained/snowed all day in ashbourne, a good thick layer of ice with a coating of snow and frost ontop of that, driving back from the mrs' through the country lanes (only real way back from there to mine) and it was hell, it too me over twice as long as it normally would, and i saw about 10 cars in bushes/laybys/driving half broken etc. Possibly the scariest drive i've ever done in any car, let alone the stang.

Surprisingly i got back avoiding any dents, scratches, or issues with the stang, but it wont be venturing out through the snow again, atleast, not unless roads are treated, foooking hell!

I drove home around 1am, snow covered roads, never had a single issue unless I provoked it so with right foot, oh wait RWD biased AWD, cheating.

In all fairness you did well to get home without issue if your on Summer tyres, my Mustang and M3 on MPSS were totally useless in the snow

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Sorry, one more :D edit of my fave pic of the day
Great pic! They might be heavy as hell, require spacers to look good and are a royal pain to clean but I really like the stock GT wheels.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Great pic! They might be heavy as hell, require spacers to look good and a royal pain to clean but I really like the stock GT wheels.
Cheers :D

Yup, big fan of both styles of stock wheel. I like that the GT ones are "filling", i.e. they don't leave a lot of empty space - like a single 5 spoke for example. Don't mind cleaning them, just time consuming more than anything!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I drove home around 1am, snow covered roads, never had a single issue unless I provoked it so with right foot, oh wait RWD biased AWD, cheating.

In all fairness you did well to get home without issue if your on Summer tyres, my Mustang and M3 on MPSS were totally useless in the snow
I wouldn't say it was without issues, it was certainly without any crashed or scratches etc lmao.

It was the A515 to the A50 which was the main issue, if you've done that drive you know how many blind peaks of hills and such and how valley like it is. I'd had a fair few brown pants moments, never went off the road, but i was driving smack bang in the middle. Once i was on the A50 though, i didn't get over 50 because if i did i couldn't see 5ft infront of myself due to the snow. at one point i'd swapped to sidelights as the reflection from the snow on headlights and hi-beams was too bright and i couldn't see sh1t the snow was landing that fast so street lights did enough and atleast with sidelights i had my rear lights on for others. Fogs were also totally useless.

I'd then instead of going off the 50 at sudbury back to the 515 stuck on the 50 to the a38 and went that route home, watched a guy in a beemer put his foot down and go arse hand sideways off the toyota island which was rather comical, but he handled it well and steered in so saved himself.

It was literally awful though to drive in, every slight movement on the wheel was worth about 50x itself on the tyres, every bend was more a case of keeping power in than letting off, as if i let off i just ended up going sideways. Needless to say, if you want some fun (totally not controllable) drift lessons, go drive on a sheet of ice lmao

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I wouldn't say it was without issues, it was certainly without any crashed or scratches etc lmao.

It was the A515 to the A50 which was the main issue, if you've done that drive you know how many blind peaks of hills and such and how valley like it is. I'd had a fair few brown pants moments, never went off the road, but i was driving smack bang in the middle. Once i was on the A50 though, i didn't get over 50 because if i did i couldn't see 5ft infront of myself due to the snow. at one point i'd swapped to sidelights as the reflection from the snow on headlights and hi-beams was too bright and i couldn't see sh1t the snow was landing that fast so street lights did enough and atleast with sidelights i had my rear lights on for others. Fogs were also totally useless.

I'd then instead of going off the 50 at sudbury back to the 515 stuck on the 50 to the a38 and went that route home, watched a guy in a beemer put his foot down and go arse hand sideways off the toyota island which was rather comical, but he handled it well and steered in so saved himself.

It was literally awful though to drive in, every slight movement on the wheel was worth about 50x itself on the tyres, every bend was more a case of keeping power in than letting off, as if i let off i just ended up going sideways. Needless to say, if you want some fun (totally not controllable) drift lessons, go drive on a sheet of ice lmao

BMW driver, no doubt self induced and on purpose, I know whenever I've being out in the M3 in the snow I am sideways or donutting at every opportunity, its just so much fun and way more controllable than trying it in the Mustang.

Mac was out in his M3 at weekend, doing a similar thing until his governor told him off. :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
BMW driver, no doubt self induced and on purpose, I know whenever I've being out in the M3 in the snow I am sideways or donutting at every opportunity, its just so much fun and way more controllable than trying it in the Mustang.

Mac was out in his M3 at weekend, doing a similar thing until his governor told him off. :D
He looked like he didn't intend it, but his reaction made it look like he meant it. Patches of black ice everywhere so it's no surprise it happened!

No govenor on my drive, if she was, we'd probably both be dead because she'd be screaming. :lol:

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Wheels. Om nom nom nom.

And front brake pads. Went for StopTech posi-quiet via Steeda.

First impressions are great.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Wheels. Om nom nom nom.

And front brake pads. Went for StopTech posi-quiet via Steeda.

First impressions are great.
They look badass, and the tyres, is that a carbon effect on them?:love:

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
To be honest, hadn't paid much attention to the tyres, but yes it looks pretty carbonish.

The Vorti R are Vredesteins 'supercar' tyre, so would expect them to be a bit flash.

Rated better for dry grip than the PS4S, although not as good in the wet.

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10

Done that route a few times it can be quite shitty especially as I’m normally in my 44t truck you can’t always see edge of road
Sponsored