Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Quick clip of the now catless sheps5.0. It's rather beastly now. :)
[ame]https://vimeo.com/248353501[/ame]
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well, Dyno update.

As some of you know I dyno'd my Full Bolt On EBM and it hit 360bhp, i wasn't that pleased with the number knowing the Maha dyno was logging V8s bone stoke at their listed figures. This meant that, on that premise, a stock EB would make 310bhp.

Well, merry christmas to me... We got a stock EBM onto the exact same dyno and it ran 275bhp and 285 lbft torque, vs my FBO at 360bhp 400lb ft.

Meaning the mods have given me gains of:
+85bhp
+115lbft torque

Happy with that.

Now, that does also mean that the stock EBM, for My18, which is being listed at 280, is more of an honest and realistic number, rather than the 310, which the stock EBM has never managed on a dyno.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Always told you the maha was correct, they just don't lie which for some makes them heart breaker dyno's. Only time a maha will read incorrect is:

- under power: car is hot, timing is pulled or cat protection kicks in due to heat soak
- over power: handbrake is a touch on or a sticking brake caliper typically or an operator who is fudging the result.

It is why we like them and it is why we like dyno days, as dyno is in one set mode, the operator gives no shit what cars should be or should not and as such the figures are accurate.

It is only Mac who fails to get an accurate figure because his car is too powerful for a twin contact patch style dyno.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
+85bhp
+115lbft torque

Happy with that.

Now, that does also mean that the stock EBM, for My18, which is being listed at 280, is more of an honest and realistic number, rather than the 310, which the stock EBM has never managed on a dyno.
Impressive gains :thumbsup:

What makes you think Ford are being honest with the MY18 at 280bhp? They're declaring it 10% less powerful than the MY15/17 so another way of looking at it is that it might only pull 250bhp ;)

So...over 30% increase in power...your insurance ok with that then? :ninja::bolt:

:p

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Always told you the maha was correct, they just don't lie which for some makes them heart breaker dyno's. Only time a maha will read incorrect is:

- under power: car is hot, timing is pulled or cat protection kicks in due to heat soak
- over power: handbrake is a touch on or a sticking brake caliper typically or an operator who is fudging the result.

It is why we like them and it is why we like dyno days, as dyno is in one set mode, the operator gives no shit what cars should be or should not and as such the figures are accurate.

It is only Mac who fails to get an accurate figure because his car is too powerful for a twin contact patch style dyno.
Well, it's correct, however, it's ford who are incorrect, which obviously came at an odd cost when you say a stock car makes it's horses, but, it didn't...

[MENTION=14613]SteveS[/MENTION] it's 10% vs what they list, however it's now accurate, they didn't change the engine at all, just upped the torque. and now listing it at what it makes, rather than gimping the engine.

Insurance are fine with it all. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Was that the sound you were looking for? :eyebulge:
Pretty much. Wasn't sure exactly how much louder and vicious it would become but more than happy with that. Only trouble now though I won't be leaving home at the crack of dawn in it anymore. :lol:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I've had similar statements put to me all day. And that's just from the video. Which really doesn't convey just how bonkers it now is.:crazy::D
Next up, 5inch custom full exhaust for maximum loudness :lol:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Well, Dyno update.

As some of you know I dyno'd my Full Bolt On EBM and it hit 360bhp, i wasn't that pleased with the number knowing the Maha dyno was logging V8s bone stoke at their listed figures. This meant that, on that premise, a stock EB would make 310bhp.

Well, merry christmas to me... We got a stock EBM onto the exact same dyno and it ran 275bhp and 285 lbft torque, vs my FBO at 360bhp 400lb ft.

+85bhp
+115lbft torque

Happy with that.

Nice gains Steve.

The power (290hp) reported for MY18 is not more of an honest and realistic number by Ford. They had to reduce power on the EcoBoost to meet European emission standards. So if a stock 2015-17 EcoBoost shows 275hp on a Maha, then the 2018 EcoBoost would show 245-250hp on the same dyno.
Sponsored