Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Also, I know I'm antsy and clueless about the timeline from prototype to production, but doesn't it seem early for them to be building all these? Will they really spend over 4 months doing TT and PP cars before regular production is scheduled to start in June?
I can't confirm what the timeline will be for the TT and PP Bullitt cars to official launch but can tell you that the first 2012 Boss 302 TT cars were assembled in September of 2010 and then the next 12 PP cars were assembled in late October 2010 after which time 44 MP cars were all assembled in December 2010.

The first launch of the 2012 Boss 302 cars to the general public was in late February and early March 2011.

Based on the above timeline you can count on at least 4 months and in the case of the Boss cars it was 6 months.

:cheers:
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Oh, why not put the glass louvered rear windows in the Bullitt like Ford did with the 50th anniversary numbered cars?
I think I remember reading that the glass louvers ended up being too complicated and expensive to produce. I think even 50th owners that priced replacement ones were looking at nearly $1,000 for the set from Ford. I'm sure Mustang1260 knows more about it.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Sponsored

Clark Griswold

Food Additive Designer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Mustang
This new Bullitt design makes me like the 2018 refresh. Love that green.

Bullitt3383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang Bullitt
Also, I know I'm antsy and clueless about the timeline from prototype to production, but doesn't it seem early for them to be building all these? Will they really spend over 4 months doing TT and PP cars before regular production is scheduled to start in June?
Ford spends a great deal of time insuring the cars are ready for production. This is what the VP, TT and PP cars are for. Long range road testing is one of those factors and they were caught in September 2007 in the midwest with 2 DHG and the Red Bullitt travelling.

bullittmustang.jpg

The 2008 was launched on 6 November 2007 and first orders were taken late November. First cars hit dealers in early January.

I would say the press launch will be sometime in March given that ordering opens that month.

So to answer yor inital question it looks like they are on the correct timeline.

Last edited:

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I think I remember reading that the glass louvers ended up being too complicated and expensive to produce. I think even 50th owners that priced replacement ones were looking at nearly $1,000 for the set from Ford. I'm sure Mustang1260 knows more about it.
"Official" pricing at full retail is nuts for those side windows. $1600 per side or $3200 per car.

They are already using the 50th grill, faux style rear cap, chrome window trim on other Mustangs. Ford has a habit of keeping one item "unique" to special editions thus i suspect it is the louvered windows-- but they would look fantastic on a Bullitt.

Retail pricing has no real relation to Ford's costs at times (they use part pricing to limit some post build copycats) --no idea what those triple plane windows cost Ford so it could be a cost item for the car. Program economics are very controling at Ford. If the car is approved based upon costing X to build and will sell for Y they stick to the budget.

If you havent seen a 50th LE with those windows i will simply say they are stunning.

Last edited:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Also, for those keeping track of the car numbers we've seen so far, the car in Chicago used to film the B-roll is VP001 according to the interior shot Ford put out.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Also, for those keeping track of the car numbers we've seen so far, the car in Chicago used to film the B-roll is VP001 according to the interior shot Ford put out.
So far I've logged:

TT003 - Production Line (Black)
TT004 - Production Line
VP001 - Chicago spy shots
VP002 - Houston
VP007 - Detroit
VP010 - Ford R&D Center in Dearborn

Unsure of the Barret Jackson number. I hope to have Philly's on Sunday.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
So far I've logged:

TT003 - Production Line (Black)
TT004 - Production Line
VP001 - Chicago spy shots
VP002 - Houston
VP007 - Detroit
VP010 - Ford R&D Center in Dearborn

Unsure of the Barret Jackson number. I hope to have Philly's on Sunday.
I believe VP002 was the one used for Barrett Jackson and then was shipped to Houston.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I believe VP002 was the one used for Barrett Jackson and then was shipped to Houston.
Interesting. That was a quick ship. I know the car was here on Wednesday according to a press guy I talked to on Wednesday that was there for press day.

I had to ask the lady working at the booth for $50 gift card test drive thing to go look inside of the car to get the number. She had no clue what I was talking about but went and looked and read off VP002 from the dash.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That does look good - too bad, in my experience, the production cars never have the same super-smooth, perfect paint. The production one will have orange peel galore, if history repeats itself.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI