Sponsored

Did anyone ever do a Perf Pack 2 vs 1LE test?

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Have any of the magazines or websites done the PP2/1LE comparison? If so I can't find it. I'm curious to know how the PP2 stacks up.
Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think it's too early - they'll need to get one, check it out, get a 1LE at the same time to do the test, write it up, wait for the right publication time, etc. I'm guessing it will still be another month or so at least.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Have any of the magazines or websites done the PP2/1LE comparison? If so I can't find it. I'm curious to know how the PP2 stacks up.
Motor Trend just did something. No surprise, it's slower.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Motor Trend just did something. No surprise, it's slower.
If the article below is what you are referring to, then I don't think it was an actual head-to-head comparison. They were just ballparking the numbers based on what a Ford rep told them. I'm not saying it won't be slower, it just wasn't an actual direct comparison test. Or maybe there was something else they released - if you have any links, that would be great!

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/mustang/2018/2018-ford-mustang-gt-performance-pack-2-review/

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Does it matter? The 1LE is the fastest and bestest car on the street with super high profits to match the supercar level of performance. GM even stopped reporting the sales numbers monthly because they can't keep track of the massive amounts of cars flying off the lot.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Does it matter? The 1LE is the fastest and bestest car on the street with super high profits to match the supercar level of performance. GM even stopped reporting the sales numbers monthly because they can't keep track of the massive amounts of cars flying off the lot.
LOL.

I needed that today.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
:mullet: <--

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I get most of the car magazines, and none have yet gotten a PP2 for test. It's almost like Ford doesn't want them tested.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I get most of the car magazines, and none have yet gotten a PP2 for test. It's almost like Ford doesn't want them tested.
It will get tested likely at the lightning lap. I know a lot of people don't put much value on it cause it's not a pro driver but I for one like seeing how an average driver can do. To me it's a fairly good representation of the cars ability cause how many of us are professionals?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Im sure they could talk randy into ringing them both out. Im not much of a road course guy. But do like his videos.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Well considering I've seen 1LEs beat modified S550 and GT350 times by seconds... my bet goes to the Camaro. Maybe it'll lose points because the interior doesn't include a fancy digital display.

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Do the track times really matter? 95% of the owners couldn't come within 5 seconds of the recorded lap times anyway. Give an average schmo the keys and lets see how much quicker the 1LE really is!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
It’s possible.

Either because it loses to the camaro

Or

Because it beats the gt350.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Do the track times really matter? 95% of the owners couldn't come within 5 seconds of the recorded lap times anyway. Give an average schmo the keys and lets see how much quicker the 1LE really is!
They sure don't matter as much as people act like they do on the internet. When a car is even just slightly slower, it's total garbage and handles like crap. Often even the pros can't tell which car is faster without looking at the times.

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
They sure don't matter as much as people act like they do on the internet. When a car is even just slightly slower, it's total garbage and handles like crap. Often even the pros can't tell which car is faster without looking at the times.

My thoughts exactly!
Sponsored