SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
We should be glad they didn’t take out an innocent pedestrian or another motorist
Indeed, though hopefully they've incurred some personal pain in the act of destroying someone's pride and joy.

Utter scum.
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Bit of an update. The thieves lost control of it and smashed it up good and proper. Found in Leighton Buzzard Most likely a write off. They managed to get away though so they’ll likely get away with it.
Shame they did not serious injure themselves or kill themselves, the world could do with less of such scum.

SurfOrFight

SurfOrFight
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
GT Auto Ruby Red 2016
Vehicle Showcase
Black Convertible GT (17 Plate) reported stolen in Burton on 15/03/18; reported in the Local Evening Sentinel (Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire). Apparently a similar story, taken after break-in. No update.

There were a number of incidents in my street early one Sunday Morning a few weeks ago (5.30 a.m.). First I knew was when I got into my car (not the GT; fortunately elsewhere at the time) early in the afternoon to find a ***-end and a few £'s worth of coins from the dash etc taken (it seems I had left the car unlocked). Later found that the individual had entered a few cars damaging some (including a TT) and driving one away, hitting a few cars as he did so. I have 3 cameras up and had some good images of the gentleman on camera entering my car and trying doors on a few more; Police interested in and given CCTV images. Individual was caught.

A choice BMW was taken a few doors down from me a few months ago. This was a pro job (key cloning). Police comment was 'when gone - very little chance of seeing again' and sure enough - not recovered.

I now take a few more precautions. If I caught anyone fucking with the GT .. :paddle:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Black Convertible GT (17 Plate) reported stolen in Burton on 15/03/18; reported in the Local Evening Sentinel (Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire). Apparently a similar story, taken after break-in. No update.

There were a number of incidents in my street early one Sunday Morning a few weeks ago (5.30 a.m.). First I knew was when I got into my car (not the GT; fortunately elsewhere at the time) early in the afternoon to find a ***-end and a few £'s worth of coins from the dash etc taken (it seems I had left the car unlocked). Later found that the individual had entered a few cars damaging some (including a TT) and driving one away, hitting a few cars as he did so. I have 3 cameras up and had some good images of the gentleman on camera entering my car and trying doors on a few more; Police interested in and given CCTV images. Individual was caught.

A choice BMW was taken a few doors down from me a few months ago. This was a pro job (key cloning). Police comment was 'when gone - very little chance of seeing again' and sure enough - not recovered.

I now take a few more precautions. If I caught anyone fucking with the GT .. :paddle:
https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/local-news/police-appeal-help-after-ford-1342920

Harwood avenue as well, mad that, friend of mine used to live down there. "Old Burton" is what it's known as. Thats 5 now this week

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
One thing I did when I had mine (and I'll be doing with my new one) is put the keys in the Microwave at night. The overwhelming majority of new car thefts are because of keyless entry. A Microwave blocks the transmitter.

My neighbour has an Evora 390 Sport and he uses a Dacia Logan MCV as a daily driver. He parks the dacia over the entrance to his driveway and, because we're on a corner, he used to park at a jaunty angle to cover mine as well.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
One thing I did when I had mine (and I'll be doing with my new one) is put the keys in the Microwave at night. The overwhelming majority of new car thefts are because of keyless entry. A Microwave blocks the transmitter.
I on the other hand keep my key(s) relatively hidden, and when I take my fiesta out, I also take my Mustang key for peace of mind - that's the extent of my security. Well aware of the keyless theft methods but not done anything about it so far.

Here's a thought though - a really smart thief may head straight for your microwave? The "break in & steal the keys" method seems all too easy, if keys are left somewhere obvious, perhaps microwave/fridge included.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I on the other hand keep my key(s) relatively hidden, and when I take my fiesta out, I also take my Mustang key for peace of mind - that's the extent of my security. Well aware of the keyless theft methods but not done anything about it so far.

Here's a thought though - a really smart thief may head straight for your microwave? The "break in & steal the keys" method seems all too easy, if keys are left somewhere obvious, perhaps microwave/fridge included.

I keep all my keys in faraday pouches and the spares are kept in metal tin boxes which are hidden.

Also to steal my car they would need to remove steering lock (keys separate) and unlock the driveway gates, again keys separate.

If I am leaving the car for a while, such as holiday, I park the car upto the drive gates resulting in the gates not being possible to open without prior moving car first. I also place bricks under the wheels but hidden, in the dark you'd struggle to spot. Also if your leaving a car tricks such as removing coil packs, disconnecting maf sensor will make a thief life difficult and a lot more time consuming. Particular for a joy rider type thief as such they'd give up and go find something else.

If its a professional they will get your car pretty much no matter what, as will just throw it on a low loader truck, your only defence really is being in an area that makes that difficult or having an impregnable fortress for a home. :D

I've never had a car stolen or attempted to be stolen, so fingers crossed I never experience it but at the same time don't make their life easy. If its too much trouble they will just go find another car thats easier down the road or in the next town.

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
I thought that microwaves are useless as faraday cages for things like mobile phones and car keys. They are faraday cages for microwave radiation, but not stuff lower down the spectrum. Certainly my phone works inside a microwave; tested that out a few years ago.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
i have this niggle in the back of my mind that its a matter of when not if... :shrug: after hearing one in Burton getting nicked i'm thinking of increasing the security!

i'm currently buying a new property so when i move in i'll be definitely investing in a driveway bollard and CCTV, at the moment i hide the keys in a metal box so they cant do the wireless hack. but always the risk they'll break in and enter.

there's a black one in sutton coldfield that i drive past from time to time you should see the size of the bollard they've got infront of the stang! haha

i'm looking at investing in a stoplock.... unless someone has got a recommendation?

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I thought that microwaves are useless as faraday cages for things like mobile phones and car keys. They are faraday cages for microwave radiation, but not stuff lower down the spectrum. Certainly my phone works inside a microwave; tested that out a few years ago.
The signal a key puts out is so weak in comparison that a Microwave can block it.

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I've got a spare rising bollard I don't need any more [MENTION=31973]Chappers[/MENTION].
IMG_3545 1.jpeg
IMG_3582.jpeg
IMG_3583.jpeg

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
I've got a spare rising bollard I don't need any more [MENTION=31973]Chappers[/MENTION].
Do I need a digger to get it out haha :lol:

I'll bear you in mind when I move but only just started the process so could be months yet

Thanks
Sponsored