SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
the database that Spart contructed is the first thing that you should have a look at. He's made that part of the equation simple.
Indeed. If you have a non-Mustang APIM, I would start here:

http://media.4rev4.com/s550-as-built-library/ (note this is currently down, just use any as-built file for a Premium Mustang that matches your model year.)

Grab one of those as-built files (for a 16+!) and pull it up in AsBuilt Compare (aka AsBuilt Explorer). The APIM is the addresses beginning with 7D0. Use that to completely reprogram your APIM with all-Mustang settings.

Next, take a look at this post: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2166820&postcount=849

That details all of the different options available that affect APIM as-built. Use your car's options.

Then, take a look at this post which covers the changes needed to eliminate DTC's that come as a result of your car not having dual climate and other hardware: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2143238&postcount=698

Finally, take a look at this post, which has all the info you need to enable drive modes and correct your hazard toggle operation: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1811217&postcount=1300

That should just about cover a base to Sync 3 swap as far as as-built mods go.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Installed today with HextallS550 plug and play harness. Couldn't have been any easier. Its a really well done piece worth every penny. Only issues I had was the loss or breaking of 5 clips and a cracked center gauge housing (gorilla glued back together). Forscan tomorrow.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Only issues I had was the loss or breaking of 5 clips and a cracked center gauge housing (gorilla glued back together). Forscan tomorrow.
Thanks Patrick. I have always wanted to build a plug ang play harness that was more affordable and of a higher quality than the other guys.
A few things I want to add the OP; if your car is cold before you start to disassemble the dash start thevcar and put the heat on high, IP vents and let the dash panels heat up. Second, invest in some low cost trim tools. Plastic trim tools can really help to get the stubborn clips to release and they don’t do the damage that metal tools can. Lastly, use the GT350 starter button manual. It will show you exactly where to place the trim panel tools so that you can pry the pieces of trim up at their strongest point.

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks Patrick. I have always wanted to build a plug ang play harness that was more affordable and of a higher quality than the other guys.
A few things I want to add the OP; if your car is cold before you start to disassemble the dash start thevcar and put the heat on high, IP vents and let the dash panels heat up. Second, invest in some low cost trim tools. Plastic trim tools can really help to get the stubborn clips to release and they don’t do the damage that metal tools can. Lastly, use the GT350 starter button manual. It will show you exactly where to place the trim panel tools so that you can pry the pieces of trim up at their strongest point.
Not sure if anyone else ran into this but when I pulled my dash bezel off it was really stuck on there. When I looked at the back side it had foam adhesive, not unlike foam gap insulation that you buy at Home Despot and that crap REALLY sticks!

Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I think the cold was too much to overcome in my case. I used pry tools and followed all the instructions referenced above, even watched a video. These clips are just dainty and the plastic was brittle in the cold. Be sure to have replacements on hand.

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
I second that, I just got your harness and I was really happy and surprised with the quality. It looks really professional! So a HUGE thank you!

Question, do we have a part number for the APIM and screen for Sync3 (The one that Mustangs come with in 16+ models)?

famoussasjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Do any of you guys that have purchased MFT to HU5Z hub adapters from me still have your MFT hub? I have someone that needs it.
I believe I have what you need. The part number I have is FR3T-14F014-AB and has the SD cart slot, line in, and USB. Let me know if this is it.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I second that, I just got your harness and I was really happy and surprised with the quality. It looks really professional! So a HUGE thank you!

Question, do we have a part number for the APIM and screen for Sync3 (The one that Mustangs come with in 16+ models)?
No part number. Engineering number. But most salvage places use the description not the engineering number. You can’t go into a dealer and just buy it without a core. Unless you want to pay $1500-2000.

Sponsored

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Hey guys,
Quick question. I saw this in an earlier post
ACM:

727-01-01 Factory: D800 2800 00, after Sync 3 Swap: 9800 3800 00

If I am using my base ACM, do I need to make this change after the sync 3 upgrade? If this is skipped what happens?

Thanks guys

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Guys again,
I was looking around forscan and I found some DTC's
In the apim I have 3. The are lost communication with digital audio control module D
Lost communication with radio and lost communication with parking assist control module A
This has to be from the as built data I choose as my car doesn't have parking assist
I also used my base ACM as i did not want sat\hd.

The others are from the FCIM and I don't know where to start from here.
They are

Code: B1A64 - Left Solar Sensor

Additional Fault Symptom:
- Circuit Short To Battery Or Open

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Front Controls Interface Module

Code: B1A63 - Right Solar Sensor

Code: B10B5 - Left Panel Air Discharge Temperature

Code: B10B6 - Left Floor Air Discharge Temperature

Code: B11E6 - Right HVAC Damper Position Sensor

- Circuit Short To Ground Or Open

I have the control panel that has the heated seats and Maybe those might need to be turned off

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
DADC, can’t do anything about it right now because of the base ACM.
Comm with radio is a new one. Would need to look it up.
Parking sensor; 7D0-01-01 x2xx xxxx xx. Needs to be 2 not A.
Also double check 7D0-04-02 xxxX xx Should be a zero if it isn’t
FCIM; go back 5-6 pages in this thread and you’ll find all of the code I posted to fix common FCIM errors.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Posted up in the DIY thread also, but more eyes are better. Looking to activate launch control toggle in my Shelby. Almost forgot the dreaded compass reading in reverse also. Got everything else squared away near as I can tell. Been digging through the compare tool but any help would be appreciated.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks HextallS550
Will check these out today and report back.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.