Sponsored

Performance package with high performance package???? Fender liner part number ??

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I've tried searching this, but I can't see where anyone else has asked a similar question...

My driver side front fender liner is mysteriously and seriously goobered. I'm POSITIVE it doesn't have anything to do with trying to win the coveted "cone killer" trophy autocrossing... I mean there is just no way that I could have run over a herd of cones, snapped off all the fender liner rivets, or caused the liner to wear away against the tire, leaving a nice hole on the front side. Nope - definitely didn't happen. Must be a factory defect that I should get looked at under warranty... :lol:

Anyways, I kinda found the part:

https://parts.levittownfordparts.co...r-and-components-scat/?part_number=fr3z16103b

The problem is for item #15, it lists as either "W/ performance pkg, W/O High Performan." for P/N FR3Z-16103-B, or
"W/ performance pkg, W/High Performan." for P/N FR3Z-16103-C.

I know I have the performance package, but what the heck is the high performance package??? And which one do I need to get?
Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
No idea, I'm only aware of the Performance Package. I don't think their is a "high" performance package.

Maybe take off the damaged fender liner and look around for part number? I've seen part #'s either molded into the plastic or on stickers.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think the liner might have air ducts for brake cooling on the performance package?

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
I'm assuming the #FR3Z-16103-C the high perf one

I put my vin into etis https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do

And there is a line under the minor features "High Performance LS Package" hell if i know what that means but it's something maybe that will help

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I think the liner might have air ducts for brake cooling on the performance package?
Probably correct. See the underbody valence discussion near the end of this video. [ame]

My fender liners match up with the brake cooling channels on my GT PP. Therefore there is a cutout for the channels.

Regarding some of the "confusing" terms used in even the fordparts.com website that is common. Fortunately I have a discount Ford parts dealer local (if you order through their website) who makes sure the part actually matches the VIN. When in doubt I call first. Since they are local I then pick up the part when it arrives. http://www.fordparts.com/crossroadscary
Sponsored