OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
The harness listed on the first page is for a Performance Pack car with the early style coil plugs. The Performance Pack cars have a three wire oil sending unit and the coil plug style was changed mid 2015.

RYAN97812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
You can run a non PP harness as I did with my auto swap. You have to run a sensor power and ground for oil pressure sensor and use the connector off of the factory harness. I pulled my power and ground from the cam sensor as they all share the same power and ground from a splice further up the harness

bambamcjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
You can run a non PP harness as I did with my auto swap. You have to run a sensor power and ground for oil pressure sensor and use the connector off of the factory harness. I pulled my power and ground from the cam sensor as they all share the same power and ground from a splice further up the harness
Thank you! Going to install the harness today

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Looks like painting a 2019 GT PP1 A10 equipped car, Dark Highland Green would be WAY easier than a trans swap in a Bullitt, especially since I don't care about the bulls-eye logo crapola.

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
Sorry to resurrect the dead but this seems to be a solid listing for performing the swap.

I'm looking to swap my 2016 Mustang GT PP over to a 6R80 and am curious if this is still a current and correct listing for parts needed? Are there any other tips and tricks found since this thread was made? Any information would be very helpful.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
it should still be good. I would line up the reprogramming first. A few people I help started at dealers and had lots of issues. It is very easy if the person knows what they are doing.

Joeyford05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Performance Package
I'm currently in the process of doing the 6R80 swap on my 2015 Premium Performance Package 5.0. We took the harness out of my buddies 2015 Base model 5.0. We ran across the rear O2 sensors and transmission connections. We tested the wiring to find the correct pin spots and traced all the wiring for those. We unpinned the wires and then cut them off the harness to where there would not be a chance of potential short, now they are dead wires. The one issue we have ran into so far is my OEM Oil Pressure sensor was a 3 wire connection sensor and his was a single wire. I purchased a single wire connection sensor and swapped them out. So my first question is do you think Ill Have an issue since i switched those sensor (Besides the PP pressure gauge not working) and second question is once I flash the PCM and reset all the modules will the PCM display my Vin number or the Vin number from the donor car or what vin would the PCM display? Thanks in advance for your answers and feed back.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I'm currently in the process of doing the 6R80 swap on my 2015 Premium Performance Package 5.0. We took the harness out of my buddies 2015 Base model 5.0. We ran across the rear O2 sensors and transmission connections. We tested the wiring to find the correct pin spots and traced all the wiring for those. We unpinned the wires and then cut them off the harness to where there would not be a chance of potential short, now they are dead wires. The one issue we have ran into so far is my OEM Oil Pressure sensor was a 3 wire connection sensor and his was a single wire. I purchased a single wire connection sensor and swapped them out. So my first question is do you think Ill Have an issue since i switched those sensor (Besides the PP pressure gauge not working) and second question is once I flash the PCM and reset all the modules will the PCM display my Vin number or the Vin number from the donor car or what vin would the PCM display? Thanks in advance for your answers and feed back.
I would go back with the three wire oil pressure sensor. Cut the plug off your manual harness and wire it in. I think you just need to add a 5 volt wire that can be spliced from another harness. You will have to set the tune for the type of oil pressure sensor that you have. If you have issues I can put you in contact with a buddy that wired his PP oil pressure sensor up with non PP harness. You should not have an issue with the wires you removed. You basically have two extra rear o2 sensor wires plus a few manual trans wires you don't need. It is possible to keep the manual VIN but it is easier to just change the vin and reflash all the modules using the auto VIN. Make sure you return your car to stock if you have an SCT to unlock the tuner.

Sponsored

Joeyford05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Performance Package
So I completed my 6R80 swap. We swapped the PCM, BCM, Cluster and both keys. My car being a 2015 Premium Performance Package and the donor being a 2015 base model. Both cars were returned back to stock prior to the swap taking place. After the swap the car started up and ran without needing the PCM flashed but now we are at the stage of syncing up the modules and my options with the forscan. If someone can help with the right vehicle to use to for the forscan portion aka the BuiltAsData that would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
So I completed my 6R80 swap. We swapped the PCM, BCM, Cluster and both keys. My car being a 2015 Premium Performance Package and the donor being a 2015 base model. Both cars were returned back to stock prior to the swap taking place. After the swap the car started up and ran without needing the PCM flashed but now we are at the stage of syncing up the modules and my options with the forscan. If someone can help with the right vehicle to use to for the forscan portion aka the BuiltAsData that would be greatly appreciated.
That is a different approach to take. So you now have a base model auto? If I were you I would switch the cluster back and get someone to flash the PCM. What does not work on the car now? You will need your tuner to update the tune to make oil pressure gauge in the dash work. This assumes you used the harness with the right plug for the oil pressure sensor.

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've completed my swap now. The harness that I used had the one wire oil psi sensor. I bought the sensor for $25 and had Lund map the psi signal to the gauge and the gauge is working well.

My only issue is that the pats was disabled before I got the PCM so the pats is confused right now. It dings like theres a key left in the car sometimes. I think I'll see what the dealer can do to get that going again. Pretty close to a successful swap though.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Did you tell Jon to turn the PATS off in the tune as well? A dealer should be able to reset the PATS but I would be careful because you may end up with a car that will not run if the dealer does not know what they are doing.

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you tell Jon to turn the PATS off in the tune as well? A dealer should be able to reset the PATS but I would be careful because you may end up with a car that will not run if the dealer does not know what they are doing.
No I didn't tell them to turn it off. I'd prefer to have it back on and operational. I'll be checking with a dealer that is 1/2 mile from me on friday.
Sponsored