Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

GenXGeekDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP MM
Installed Diode Dynamics smoked turn signals on my 2017. Jacked the car up on stands, and removed one of tires. It helped get some access with the fender wall opened up. However, i ended up removing the belly plate to get better access on both sides.

Will have a gif uploaded shortly showing one side compared to stock.
Sponsored

GenXGeekDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP MM
On another note..when I removed the belly pan from the car, this other part fell out with the pan. Initial search shows a 'Condenser Shroud' , for the passenger side.

Any one know for sure what this part is, and more importantly, where it fits up in the engine bay, above the belly pan?
20180318_194056.jpg
20180318_194107.jpg
20180318_194123.jpg

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
nevermind, found this...also referred to as part #8310A

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/deflector-6582459-1#partMatched

Looks like it clips on to the side of the radiator...not sure why it was loose enough to fall out the bottom of the car though...
Yep, it just clips onto the end tank of the radiator (condenser I think actually).

If you take the undercover off you may be able to snake your hand up the front to reinstall it, otherwise you'll have to take the bumper off. Overall I wouldn't worry much about it though, they're removed when installing a supercharger. :shrug:

Sponsored

revtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I ordered some stuff to transform the front end.

GT grille upper and lower.
Fog lights off Ebay
Opt7 turn signal housings
Big Mouth ram air intakes in Yellow.

For the rear
Smoked LED side markers.

I also picked up a set of rocker stripes and a set of black lug nuts for the performance pack wheels.

Nostromo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017, Barton shifter, MBRP street
Re: part #8310A with photo from GenXGeekDad above post #26823, wondered what that thing was. Mine fell out a couple of months ago when I took the right side splash guard (drivers side here) off to get out the silver knob that I dropped down there when installing my catch can. Couldn't find it in the workshop manual so I gave up and left it in the workshop (whilst wondering what else might fall off!). Might try and put it back now that this forum has helpfully pointed out what it is.

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
gave her a nice detail over the weekend. running low on my jaxwax stuff, time to re-up! probably going to finally install my MMD hood props at some point this week. #showseason :headbang:

2015DIBGT

Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Vehicle(s)
15 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Cracked my fender last summer. Bought a new fender. Had it painted. Color didn't match perfect when I put it on. Was fine not matching for a few months. Dropped the car off last night. Got prepped and color was laid this morning.

Below are a couple photos with the cracked fender too.
I am on Airlift suspension.

IMG_6444.jpg

IMG_6472.jpg

IMG_5734.png

IMG_5741.jpg

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Washed the car, then put together my new quickjack. Had some issues with it, so to warn people that are going to get quickjack:
  1. If your quickjack isn't moving smoothly after breeding the air, it's most likely the air pressure is too low. Mine was leaking air from one of the valve stems, lucky I had a few spare valve stems for my car (and yes they fit perfectly) and a valve stem removal/installation tool.
  2. If your quickjack is leaking fluid from the bleed port, you might want to remove the plug completely and clean it properly. Mine had some black smudge on it so it didn't seal properly, after removing it and making a complete mess on the floor (cause I left it in the first locking position so it had pressure in the system :doh:), it didn't leak anymore.
IMG_0209.jpg

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Got mine a present

0ddf248ba557345c23f0db988dc2cfd5.jpg
Nice. Mine arrived Saturday. I won't have time to put it on until Thursday. I went with the sport. Which did you go with?

I have the Steeda x-pipe already on the car so I went axle back.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Washed the car, then put together my new quickjack. Had some issues with it, so to warn people that are going to get quickjack:
  1. If your quickjack isn't moving smoothly after breeding the air, it's most likely the air pressure is too low. Mine was leaking air from one of the valve stems, lucky I had a few spare valve stems for my car (and yes they fit perfectly) and a valve stem removal/installation tool.
  2. If your quickjack is leaking fluid from the bleed port, you might want to remove the plug completely and clean it properly. Mine had some black smudge on it so it didn't seal properly, after removing it and making a complete mess on the floor (cause I left it in the first locking position so it had pressure in the system :doh:), it didn't leak anymore.

That’s awesome, I’m wanting to get one as well. Other than the initial issues how do you like it, are you satisfied with the lift height.

DJH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Nice. Mine arrived Saturday. I won't have time to put it on until Thursday. I went with the sport. Which did you go with?

I have the Steeda x-pipe already on the car so I went axle back.
My car is 100% stock at the moment, so I ordered the Sport cat-back. Hopefully will be ready to roll this coming weekend.
Sponsored