Sponsored

MT Head 2 Head - 2018 Camaro SS 1LE vs 2018 Mustang GT

unload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Motor Trend just tested the 18 GT M6 at 12.6 in the 1/4 mile. You mean to tell me the A10 shaves .8 seconds off the quarter?

:lol::lol::lol:

If there was an A8 SS at that same track/same day/same driver would of ran an extremely close time.

You cant just take a preped track time and compare it to publication tested times. They do not run a few runs in perfect DA and prep. They run on regular streets, 50 times to get their times.

the A10 in the mustang is so much better than the C7/SS A8.

fwiw, i just sold my C7 and bought an 18 GT PP, A10.

When i bought the C7 I was originally gonna buy an SS but just couldnt do it. It's just too ugly for me. just went and test drove a newer C7, and an SS and ended up with the GT A10.

Having just sold a modded C7, and driven a newer C7 and SS all recently, I would do pretty well against any of them in the GT A10.
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Wow... I mean.... One guy did a few runs on a preped track in crazy good DA and messed around with the tire pressure and not every 18 A10 is a 11.8 sec car :doh:.

Theres a few 11.3 C7 runs on the fast list where they did the same thing. Great DA and great track prepd. But no one goes around claiming C7s are 11.3 sec cars.
Lol sounds like blaq. Almost.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Would you guys take a base zl1 MSRP of $63795 for $5500 off before TTL? That's alot of performance for the money. The carbon build up in the LT4 is a legit problem though.
It's a steaming pile of sh t no thanks :mullet:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
So where are all these other 11.8s at? I mean there should be plenty of them out there right?
You're kidding right? Most dragstrips are closed for the season...and most who have ordered their MY18 GTs haven't taken delivery yet. Hell, there is only a handful of stock MY18Gts with recorded 1/4 miles period.

Sponsored

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
You're kidding right? Most dragstrips are closed for the season...and most who have ordered their MY18 GTs haven't taken delivery yet. Hell, there is only a handful of stock MY18Gts with recorded 1/4 miles period.
Excuses. Plenty of tracks open in the West.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Yes. I changed from Mustang to Corvette when my boys got big enough and no longer fit/wanted to ride on the back seat. They are now just starting college, so not a big issue. My daughter is 11 and will fit for short stints on either Mustang or Camaro - so that is why I am again considering a 2+2.

I'm sorry but GT350 is not an option for me. All the ones sold new around me are at or above MSRP, and there is no way I am doing that, when I can get great deals on Corvette Grand Sports and good deals on Mustang GT and Camaro SS. Car for me is a track appliance and toy, not a "collect and admire" object that should command extra $$$ for being "special or rare". I only track cars that are "very, very common". :)
I'm in the suburbs of Hartford (Farmington Valley area). Do you ever make it out to Lime Rock park? Our stories are also similar I'm looking to sell my C7 to get a 2+2 again.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Would you guys take a base zl1 MSRP of $63795 for $5500 off before TTL? That's alot of performance for the money. The carbon build up in the LT4 is a legit problem though.
Why is it $5000 off? Doesn’t make any sense at all.

Sponsored

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
I'm in the suburbs of Hartford (Farmington Valley area). Do you ever make it out to Lime Rock park? Our stories are also similar I'm looking to sell my C7 to get a 2+2 again.
I go to Lime Rock all the time. I should be there April 13 instructing with NASA. I will need a new track car before then :) (Since it is not a race weekend, I won't have a race car available).

The C7 is much, much, much easier to drive on track than the Mustang GT, particularly in the transitions (Right Rander, Uphill, Downhill). To some extent the Mustang GT was more fun - the C7 almost too easy :)

Ohthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto Lightening Blue
Vehicle Showcase
So where are all these other 11.8s at? I mean there should be plenty of them out there right?

Patience. They're coming. It's only a small percentage of owners who actually go to the track so more units have to get out there.

Ohthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto Lightening Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Dude. The 2018 A10 GT does an 11.8. Get over it already.

Never saw anyone so hurt over nothing.
Go take your 18 GT, Line it up vs a C7 and you will get walked.

Both have 460HP.. C7 has 45 more torque and weights 400lbs less.

Get real!
The GT is underrated based on what they're putting down at the wheels. I will definitely be running any stingrays I can. The trap speeds indicate that it'll be a driver's race.

Hey quick question...why all the interest and butt hurt over the new GT? Competition is good for everybody. I like it when any of the big three puts out a fast car. Ultimately every car guy is the beneficiary.
Sponsored